My wife and I spent a week at the Marina Bayview apartments during the second half of February.
There is an atmosphere of quality about the place. The apartments themselves are really nice. They are kept spotlessly clean. The staff are very pleasant and helpful and the style (white-painted walls, stainless steel and marble) is beautiful. Ours was one of the Select series. These are described in the promotional material as “located away from the swimming pool, in a peaceful and quiet area which offers wonderful sea views”.
The fact that they are located away from the pool, restaurant and bar areas was, in itself, not an issue for us at all, however, after a night out, having climbed the 160 steps from street/sea level to reception level, the extra 40 steps to our select apartment was a bit of a strain. An option would have been to take a taxi from sea level which would have been cheap and easy. In our case (we are no spring chickens) we opted to climb the steps every time. This initially proved daunting, however, in time, we got used to it and actually enjoyed the challenge. It was probably good for us. Don’t allow this particular consideration to put you off, unless you are in bad shape or unwell.
The sea views from these apartments (D series) are indeed spectacular. Even the view from the shower (as you shower, if you so wish) is fantastic. Apart from being really well fitted out, the bathroom did however present one minor issue for consideration. The door between the bathroom and the bedroom is louvered and lock-free. This reduces bathroom privacy quite significantly, if you know what I mean.
The pool area is very well laid out and the pool itself and also the pool furniture are high quality.
Puerto Rico is a lovely place for a holiday. In February it is fairly quiet and yet many of the restaurants and bars seemed to be doing well. The bar and restaurant at Marina Bayview closed at 21.00 while we were there, so we didn’t use it for evening meals. Quality of food and drink at restaurants adjacent to the apartments is very good.
A daily walk to Amadores and stepping it up to your apartment once or twice a day will keep you fit. Local busses are cheap and frequent and a boat trip to/from Mogan is good for a day out.
Check-out is at 12.00 and we availed of the courtesy room facility to shower and change before we left at 17.00. This is a useful (free) service.
I would recommend Marina Bayview Apartments. We liked them a lot.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Park Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Ipanema Park Apartments Puerto Rico
- Marina Bayview Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The chic Marina Bayview is built into the hillside overlooking Puerto Rico Harbour in Gran Canaria. It features a large outdoor pool and terrace with impressive Atlantic Ocean views.Apartments feature a private balcony or terrace. All have air conditioning, and a kitchenette with a fridge, coffee maker, kettle and toaster. There is satellite TV and a private bathroom.The restaurant by the pool offers spectacular views of the harbour. Paddle and tennis courts are just a few metres from the complex, and Salobre Golf & Resort is 15 km away. The resort has a 24-hour front desk and offers car hire. Free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Marina Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.