“A Great Birthday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Gaitero

El Gaitero
Barranco Agua la Perra, S/N L.2 (Puerto Rico) | calle Juan Diaz Rodriguez 31, 35130 Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, Spain
928 56 20 44
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Fylde.
“A Great Birthday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant in March this year ( 2013) to celebrate my Wifes Birthday, it was booked for us by friends who live there.
It is upstairs over several other Cafe's and smaller Restaurants, who will try and entice you in. The food was excellent, the service very friendly if a little slow ( but the Spanish never rush meals), we were impressed bythe wine waitress who opened the Cava in an unusual way, its worth ordering it just to see her standing there with a mysterious smile on her face, then the cork just fell out as if by magic.
This is not the cheapest dining experience in town, but for a little extra, its one of the special occasion evenings to make your holiday memorable.

• Visited March 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“BEST PLACE TO EAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

What can I say a LITTLE GEM OF A PLACE. We dine here everytime we return for our holiday. The food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. There is a great selection of delightful dishes on the menu something for everyone. All the staff are very friendly and offer a great service. Ramon (the owner) takes time out to speak and listen to customers, the waiter Mimon(please excuse me if I have wrong spelling of his name) has a great way about him, always laughing and having a joke with us getting our IRISH sense of humour. We have eaten in other resturants that may be known for their name! but this eatery is by far way above the standard they can offer, and its all down to great prices, great food, and how the staff make you feel. I have recommended EL GAITERO to other friends, they also had a great experience and retuned again. Already looking forward to our next meal here.

• Visited March 2013
“Christmas Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We spent Christmas evening in this lovely Galician restaurant.

I have dined there numerous times and always top class service,extensive menu,,,,,Steak fantastic, fresh fish good.really enjoyed the wonderful Mexican Coffee display.
Thank you Ramon and staff for making our Christmas Day special.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

They say its the small things that matter the most and I am afraid the restaurants lack of attention to detail was reflected in the food and service. We dined as a party of 6 and all decided to enjoy some fresh bread with garlic mayonaise to begin. My farther and I decided to share the Meat mixed grill (lamb, steak, chicken & pork). I was taken back by the fact they did not even ASK how we liked our steak, given I like medium/rare and my father likes medium/well it would have been impressive if they knew how we liked it. Needless to say the steak (which was a great cut of meat) was well overdone, more so that my father could not enjoy it. The pork was also overcooked and my father and I glanced looks wishing we had chosen cosi come sie (italian next door). My grandmother chose the sliced lamb (which she did thoroughly enjoy and praised). My mother chose the beef strogonoff which she described as bland and lacked depth and finally my wife opted for the beef steak which was 'average'. Lastly the little things...my brother asked for no ice in his drink, he received ice. My wife ordered boiled potatoes, she received chips. I went to the bathroom and could not wash my hands as there was no soap left. Overall it just felt very lazy. We all agreed we would not return

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was our 5th year returning to this very well ran restaurant, as always the service was very good, although there didn't seem as many staff on although the staff that were working were the same as previous years that says something.

There was 15 in our group and last year there were 23 of us an each visit we have all been served our food together, the staff are knowledgable about the food they serve, they will make suggestions. For large groups it is worth booking as it is always busy.

• Visited January 2013