We were again disappointed by Thos Cook changing our original booking ( 3rd holiday in a row this has happened) but we didn't fancy the alternative given so we paid extra and changed to the Terrrazamar Sunsuites and so pleased we did.
On arrival we were swiftly and efficiently checked in by staff with excellent English. We were delighted that our email requesting a quiet room as high as possible had been noted and we had a room on floor 10 not only quiet but had spectacular views over PR and out to sea.
The appartment was spacious and spotlessly clean, we have stayed in many places in PR over the past 12 years but this was by far the more superior in terms of space and cleanliness.
Loads of wardrobe and drawer space in the bedroom, beds a little firm but this suited us.
The kitchen equipment basic ok for snack/salad/breakfast preparation but anything else would be a little challenging The kettle, toaster and microwave along with a large fridge/freezer were all again hygeinically clean.
Outside, the balcony was huge with table,chairs, parasol, two loungers with cushions and a fantastic sea view.
Our perfect room was kept perfect by the near daily visits from our amazing cleaner who was like a little white tornado cleaning into every corner and every surface (wanted to bring her home with me!)
All the public areas and lifts were all kept clean and tidy even after torrential rain storms all was swiftly mopped and sorted.
In the lobby there was a little mini mart handy for bits and bobs and water but the Spa shop in the commercial centre cheaper for wine and beers.There was a little bakery with delicious croissants,rolls, pizzas and cakes which was very handy. An added bonus was a cash machine which meant not having to queue in the busy commercial centre so felt much safer.
The pool on the 11th floor was big and clean the pool bar served drinks, snacks and cocktails at reasonable prices. As noted by previous revewier the longers were rather grubby and totally out of context with the rest of the hotel maybe due to end of a busy summer and the stormy weather.
All in all the sunsuites were an excellent place to stay, near to the shops and bars yet quiet at night would recommend to anyone and will definately return. (Thos Cook did us a favour changing our booking after all!!)
Many thanks Terrazamar.
- Also Known As:
- Servatur Aparthotel Terrazamar Sunsuite Hotel Puerto Rico
- Servatur Aparthotel Terrazamar Sunsuite Hotel
- Servatur Aparthotel Terrazamar Sunsuite Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Servatur Terrazamar Suite & Sun Suite has 306 double apartments (10 of them equipped for handicapped), each of approx. 80 m2, whereof 40 m2 are terraces to enable you to fully enjoy our enviable climate. Once you are unpacked and comfortably installed you will appreciate the calm atmosphere obtained thanks to a delicate and functional decoration based on pastel colours and harmonious lines.Maximum capacity: 3 adults and 1 children (3 to 12 years) or 2 adults and 2 children (3 to 12 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Olotels and Otel so you can book your Servatur Aparthotel Terrazamar Sunsuite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.