“Very nice and bright.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av de la Marina 60, 11520 Rota, Spain   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Rota
“Very nice and bright.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

It was my partner's birthday and I decided to organise a two-day trip to Rota.
I choose a double bedroom with a little living area.
At our arrival the receptionist was here, very kind, the room was big very comfortable with a nice king size bed, furniture and bathroom are not the latest but I can assure that it is clean, well maintained.
Parking garage was not necessary as we could park the car in front of the hotel.
You are at very short distances from the beach that is spectacular and restaurants and bars from the centre.
Breakfast was very basic but waitress was very kind and helpful. I really felt at home in this room, sometimes you pay more in other hotels for a much smaller room.
We will definitely come back to that small hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Plymouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Rooms were small but clean. AC struggled to Keep up at times. Evening meal times were very late, keeping with Spanish standards - dinner didn't start until 9pm for example. Several restaurants and beach within walking distance. Prices matched the product.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I don't know how many times I had driven by this hotel and until a local friend recommended it to me, I would have not thought about staying here. I spent 4 days last week and am planning on staying again when I return in August.

Rooms were clean, nice clean, well lit bathrooms, A/C worked great and most important for me - the internet. You are very close to a bunch of restaurants and literally 5 minutes from the beach. You have very secure parking (6 Euro/day) or you can park for free on the street.

As the room had no fridge, I asked at the desk and the later that night, one was available for me. The service by the staff was wonderful. Extremely accomodating and very gracious.

I only had coffee in the morning at the bar, but it appeared they also offer some sort of breakfast/evening buffet. I'm not sure what that was all about, but it didn't look too appealing to me. They have a nice (little) pool and a nice area outside of the bar area to sit under a canopy.

My only issue...the housekeeping was a little stingy on the shampoo and soap, I usually had to request some from the front desk...but that wasn't a big deal. Again, this is a very basic, but really nice hotel in Rota. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Out the door, turn left and turn right on the very next street. Turn left on the street and you'...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at the Caribe at the end of April 2012 after arriving at NS Rota and finding no rooms available on base. The hotel is centrally located in Rota, walking distance to restaurants, shopping and the beach.
Our room was immaculate, no frills but adequately appointed with comfortable beds and clean bathroom with plenty of hot water. Our room was 50 euro a night, breakfast was 6 euro.
The staff, from the front desk personnel to the restaurant and housekeeping staff was nothing short of exemplary. They were friendly, courteous and helpful, answering all our questions and going above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. We will definitely stay at the Caribe again when we visit Rota

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Stayed for two nights while we waited for our rooms to become available in our original hotel! Very polite and helpful staff had us into our rooms very quickly! the rooms were very tidy and had everything required for a comfortable stay! the only thing my room lacked was a fridge but if i was staying any longer i'm sure something would have been organized! breakfast was completely adequate with a possibility for making a couple of sandwiches for 'later'! the location is ideal, far enough away from the clubs for the noise to upset but close enough for a nice evening stroll into town!
i'd thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Rota!

Room Tip: Check what is in your room, ammenities wise!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
N. Charleston, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

This was my second stay at the Caribe. I was there two years ago and decided to visit again. Made the reservation on the internet from NS Rota, 46 Euros/day, which included breakfast. My room this time was pool-side, which was much quieter than street-side. Things I like about the Caribe......good rate for a basic room, no frills...WiFi in the rooms was weak and therefore sporadic but excellent in the lobby adjacent to the internet room...the staff is very nice and understanding, speak good English...several ATMs nearby, got all my Euros there...little grocery next door for snaks and sodas, etc...fun neighborhood bar/restaurant across the street...bus stop about 100 yards away, .60 Euro fare...easy to get a room here in the off-season, safe 20-30 minute bag-drag from base gate...breakfast was the basic European cold-cut and bread type of thing, plenty of good coffee and juice, too convenient to pass up, nice staff...room has TV, never turned it on, beautiful pool...showers need to be replaced with something human-sized, they are just too small but plenty of hot water...no wash cloth, had to buy one for a Euro...they now have dual outlets which accept both US and Spanish plugs, carry a Spanish plug converter anyway...no voltage converter needed...with a little room/shower renovating and better variety at the breakfast buffet, I would give the Caribe maybe 3 1/2 stars.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

My husband and I flew into Rota, Spain via military flight. We happened to arrive on
the day the strike was taking place throughout Spain and other countries. Someone
had recommended the Hotel Caribe to us and we decided to check it out. It was just
wonderful. The staff was helpful with directions, suggestions and exceptionally concerned with our comfort . I believe they truly wanted us to love their hotel and their town. It's a block from the beach and very centrally located to restaurants and shopping. What a GEM! It was even less expensive and MUCH nicer than staying on the base.
We had no where to stay because of the strike and they really could have taken us for a ride with the price, but to our surprise, since they only had 3 large rooms available, they gave it to us for the price of a smaller room. It was VERY clean as well. It really made our trip!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Caribe Rota? Share your experiences!