“charming hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Duque de Najera to your Saves list
Hotel Duque de Najera
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Gravina 2, 11520 Rota, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Rota
Mairena del Aljarafe (Sevilla)
“charming hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is right by the beach. It is not very big and the clients were mainly mature German couples. It was quiet with no children running around, so it is a good place for mature couples. Breakfast was great. Our room was very nice and it had a good sea view. It had a large bathroom, but two single beds instead of a double bed. The walls are a little bit thin, but we didn't have noise problems with our neighbours.The gym is really only a small room with two or three machines to exercise your legs, but nothing to do sit-ups. On the whole, we had a great stay and the staff was very attentive with us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sophiedcvdk, Director General at Hotel Duque de Najera, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Client,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.
we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon again.

Sophie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cadiz
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

i stayed there on May , first week .
I can t beleive how noisy they are inside the hotel, first of all maids seems to be in your room when talking , so loud .
At night busy road next to the hotel also .
Recepcion didn t help at all.
I exepted more from that hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
sophiedcvdk, Director General at Hotel Duque de Najera, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Client,

We are very sorry that you didn't had a confortable stay at our Hotel.
It is not normal that we receive such opinions and we will look after them.

Our Hotel is a quiet and confortable place and we always try to be helpfull.
We are really sorry and hope to see you soon back at our Hotel to demostrate that you can have a confortable stay.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hotel Duque is a really great hotel, the restaurant was exceptional which was just as well because there was a fiesta on Friday to Sunday and many of the places in the town were closed.
The staff throughout the hotel were extremely helpful and the room was spotless.
It's location is perfect for the beach and the harbour for the ferry across to Cadiz
I will certainly be coming to this hotel again

Room Tip: Book a sea view room with balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sophiedcvdk, Director General at Hotel Duque de Najera, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Client,

Thank you very much for your comments.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back soon.

Waiting to welcome you back soon,
best regards,

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is not only beautiful, comfortable, and so neat and clean and tidy, it is reasonable as well. We had room 306, with a terrace overlooking the pool and the ocean and we loved it. The staff were kind and informative and helped however and whenever we needed. My oldest daughter and I were there to spend the holidays with my other daughter stationed at the base there and we were extremely pleased with our hotel choice. I would advise this hotel for anyone visiting the area, I'd love to come back in the summer months to use some of the awesome pool and facilities.

Room Tip: go for the upgrade for the oceanview room, at the time we were there, it was only 11 euros more
Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
sophiedcvdk, Director General at Hotel Duque de Najera, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Client,
Thank you for your comments and we are happy that you had such a nice time at our Hotel, visiting your familie at Rota. If you need information for next stays or if you need any other information about our region, let us know, we will help you.

Hoping to welcome you back soon,
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I came to Hotel Duque after spending several months in land-locked Madrid, so you can imagine my delight at seeing the ocean. I initially reserved a standard room, but was convinced by the very nice receptionist to upgrade to an ocean view. I am glad I did! I slept with the sliding doors open and was lulled to sleep by the waves. The hotel rooms are very big with a sitting area and a large bathroom. It might not be impressive coming from the States, but since I've been in Europe, I was thrilled by all the space. Every room has a balcony, so I made hot tea and sat on mine each morning reading the newspaper on my iPad. Free wifi throughout, btw!

The amenities are perfect for a boutique hotel. They have several "solarium" areas where you can take in the sun. The pool looked adorable, though too cold to swim during my visit. If you're a gym-rat, you will be disappointed by the three machines they have on the top floor. I was told they are upgrading their equipment. When it is upgraded, it'll be very nice because the space was peaceful with ocean views and there was a sauna. I only wished I had brought my running shoes for a jog on the beach. I also used the garage, which was a nice perk even at 9 Euros a night. Your room key gets you in/out and an elevator takes you straight to your floor; no need to scratch your head wondering how to get back into the hotel.

As others have commented, you cannot beat the location. The foot of the hotel is where the promenade begins so you can stroll on the sidewalk or walk on the sand. It's also near the castle and the famous O'Grady's bar, which has good burgers and great tunes. I'd also highly recommend the hotel restaurant -- delicious! Rota itself is a little run-down, but I thought it was charming enough. I was there to relax not sight-see.

The whole experience felt very private to me -- I came and went as I pleased. I did ask if it's always quiet. The receptionist said the hotel is booked solid starting in March. I think my experience would have been less relaxing had there been children screaming in the centrally-located pool. The only suggestions I'd have is better shower heads and a jacuzzi for adults. Otherwise, it was the perfect little hotel experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
sophiedcvdk, Director General at Hotel Duque de Najera, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Client,

Thank you very much for your nice words about our Hotel. We are very glad that you had a nice time and that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to welcome you back soon,

If we can help you with more information about Rota or for your next visit, let us know.

Sophie De Clerck
Manager
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Roat is a wonderful example of a Spanish town that goes beyond being a tourist hotspot and is a real working town. The location of the hotel cannot be faulted and the facilities are good. Not to many rooms so plenty of room. Great views.

Room Tip: ask for seaview - supplement is well worth it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sophiedcvdk, Director General at Hotel Duque de Najera, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Client,

Thank you for your comments and nice words about Rota and our Hotel Duque de Najera, we will love to welcome you back soon,

Best regards
Acitrezza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been to this hotel approximatley 4 times this is the best place to stay in Rota(Cadiz) Spain. The pool is great it's right on the beach there are tons of tapas bars around. Everything is perfect and reasonably priced there is so much things to do here it is incredible. I love the food the Jamon a must have the Spanish olives a must have. This hotel is perfectly located! Highly recommend it! The breakfast is a huge buffet of authentic Spanish food!

Room Tip: Bring a watch the sun does not go down until 10 pm ..perfect for laying on the beach!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Duque de Najera? Share your experiences!