“The staff behavior was awful! Old hotel.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Hotel

Riviera Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mamaia
Riviera Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   judetul Constanta, Mamaia, Romania   |
Ranked #20 of 35 Mamaia B&B and Inns
Bucharest, Romania
“The staff behavior was awful! Old hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I've been here for 2 nights and i payed in advance. I got to the hotel and the girl from the reservation office was very rude, started to interogate me why we don't have an invoice (we had a receipt, because this is what i received from them), who did we pay to, how the girl looked like...she seemed upset, like we bothered her when we showed up. After a long talk, she gave us a room. The room had very old furniture, awful bathroom and broken beds. When we checked out, somebody from the room cleaning staff came into the room to check the mini bar and started to talk loud, nervous and to throw things around because we put toghether the two beds as one. So, take care, good people, the staff from this hotel might bite you. I have to mention that i treated everybody extremly polite concerning the circumstances.their rude behavior was not provoced!

• Stayed June 2013

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 5 days at this hotel. The price was great, and the location is amazing, but the hotel needs serious work. It feels like the owners have made no attempts to update/improve anything in the last 20/30 years. The bathrooms are the worst, including old shower curtains, and drainage pipes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We spent 4 nights at this hotel in a double room.
The room was very small and dirty (found a lot of dust under the beds), with obsolete furniture. The carpet had lots of stains. Mattress and pillows were in bad shape. The worse part was the bathroom - poor condition, bad smell, almost impossible to breath in. Towels were worn-out.
The restaurant had very high prices and poor food quality .
The good part was that hotel is very close to the beach.
The funny part was that they asked us to "hand-over" the room to the maid before the check-out - (as if someone could take something from that terrible room !!!).
The surrounding were also terrible - everything seems degraded .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My family and I have stayed here over the summer months for many years (Over 15 years). One thing I absolutely cannot fault is the location. It is central to the buzz without being over-crowded and noisy. The hotel is very close to lovely, quality restaurants and neighbours the IAKI. Value for money wise, the hotel next door charges a 5* price but yet you're in the same location!

Last summer I stayed at the hotel by myself for a month and despite learning Romanian, I felt very safe and secure with the level of English spoken in the hotel. All the staff, from receptionists to security guards were lovely and extremely helpful. Breakfast was offered, however my morning appetite isn't very large. Nevertheless the range of breakfast was good and fresh fruit etc were available too.

I really like the location of the hotel as it is nearby quiet beaches, but a 2 minute walk and you are at the club-style beach parties. I felt it was the perfect hotel for me as I travelled to Romania to visit family, but to still enjoy the beach and pool. The swimming pool is mainly used by teenagers, however it's a great size pool and is very clean.

I was fortunate enough to stay on one of the top level bedrooms and the views were simply stunning. Past years my room has faced the beach which is simply gorgeous all day and all night round. Last year my room faced the swimming pool and it was still a great view offering the lake, pool and a bit of the beach. The rooms are basic but store everything you need; besides you spend most of the time at the beach!

This year I am not travelling to Romania, however I do feel rather sad and will most certainly miss the beach and great location. I will always remember the Riviera Hotel with very fond memories since being young when I learnt to walk at the hotel! To more recent years where I've made some great friends and developed my independence travelling. Overall, a great hotel with fantastic location!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

location is very good, also beach is nice and clean, but hotel is old, and service is sometime not reasonable ..... very low level of staff

Room Tip: Since the problematic elevators, try not to take too high floor room