“Tuscany Meat Lovers Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
seattle
“Tuscany Meat Lovers Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is one of those experiences that you have to do..
Dario's reputation as a Butcher is legendary and he puts it all on your table here.
A communal table, house wine and way more meat and food delights than anyone could eat.
We brought our our wine too, shared with our new friends we met at the table and had a blast !
The only down point was the early seating had to be out for the next group.
We could have stayed all night !

• 5 of 5 stars Food

san jose
“Great experience.. good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The community dining experience was great. Food was good in parts..
The soup was great.. muzzle soup I believe, very tasty
The rest of the meal.. great for the most part. I'll have to refer back to the menu which I have saved for the details. All in all a great experience. I'll update my review once I can find the menu :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“The Butcher's mojo keeps going”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Dario Cecchini and his lovely wife definitely are keeping things going on very well. Dario and his Macelleria became a “tourist attraction”, but still fun not cheesy.
We have spent some time at the Solociccia (his other fancier restaurant was fully booked one day prior) and had a great time. Make sure you will call in advance to make reservation and arrive on time! They seat you in big tables with other people you might get to know along lunch time. Then start serving. The food is Delicious! I ate exquisite dishes prepared with some parts of cow I never thought I would. House wine and water is on the table all the time. Here is the menu you will pay 30 euros (well worth) along 2 and half hours lunch;
Muzzle and Broth, Spicy meat ragu on toast, Batter fried meats and vegetables, Rosemary up your bum, Fresh raw garden vegetables, Garbanzo and white beans, Beef roasts, Boiled beef and vegetable salad, Braised meats, Homemade focaccia and Tuscan bread, Olive cake followed by coffee, Grappa and Italian Military spirits. – Sensational!
Before or after lunch, check on the Antica Macelleria on the other side of the narrow street. You will meet Dario for sure, even if you don’t go. He passes by the restaurant greeting everybody. I was really surprised on how open to people he is. You will see him joining the tourists in the street to make pictures, joking, singing, quoting Dante, with this big smile on his face.
I had so much fun! Dante is right: “Abandon hope all ye who enter, for you are now in the hands of a butcher”!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Canada
“Fantastic food and super experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went on a recommendation from a friend. I was a little unsure about the whole communal table thing but was pleasantly surprised. We went to the 7pm seating and were just on time so we didn't enjoy anything before the meal as others have. There were 14 at our table and we chatted with most although it was hard to talk to the people at the far end. The food was amazing especially the Rosemary Up Your Bum. The wine was very nice so no need to bring your own and they just kept refilling the carafe. For 30€ each it was a great meal. After dinner we all went to the butchers across the road and overflowed into the street where we were served more wine and grappa. We ended up chatting with the group that had been at the other table and went with them to the bar down the street for a glass of wine. We got along so well we all met up for dinner the following night. This really made our trip special. I highly recommend it and hope you get a great group at your table!

Toronto
“An Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Reviews by Ariella-25 and Missie123 are pretty much bang on. Most of the food is excellent, including the steak tartar and boiled beef which I had not expected to be so good. Only the deep fried onion and meatballs were disappointing as they are served cold. The cost is reasonable at 30 E including a very drinkable house wine. Although the menu states that each person gets 1/4 litre the reality is that the wine was provided as requested and there was no one keeping track.

The negatives stem from the fact that there are two sittings at 7 and 9. The food is brought out quickly and served family style with dishes being passed around the table. The wait staff seem to be stressed to get everyone fed and out by 8:30 so they could prep the table for the next sitting. Maybe it would feel less rushed to go at 9.

It is the whole experience that makes this a great place. Dario dropped in twice during dinner. His personality is huge and he exudes great energy. Before dinner wine, salami and bread with lardo was served at the butcher shop, afterward it felt like a street party with a couple dozen people drinking grappa and hanging out on the street outside. There were 14 at our table, friendly and outgoing. I think this set up could make it very good or not depending on the group.

Overall it was a great experience that I would highly recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food