“One of the most amazing eating places ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Copenhagen, Denmark
“One of the most amazing eating places ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Trattoria Caprese is a signseeing of itself! A must visit when in Monza! There was a life queue outside of the tratorria to get it! Very popular place with fantastic food and grea valu for money!

Visited October 2013

Antalya, Turkey
“Made even more ordinary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Have you ever had the experience of what should have been a reasonable meal being ruined because of factors unrelated to the food itself? It's amazing how stress can reduce the effectiveness of taste buds whether caused by discomfort, bad service or something beyond the restaurateur's control. In the case of our visit it was the utter rudeness of a waiter. Yes, the food was ordinary but it was rendered tasteless by behaviour which even by Neapolitan standards, was completely unwarranted. Adding insult to injury they attempted to overcharge by 20 euros. I didn't tip.
It's unlikely that the restaurant will be perturbed by this review since most of the lunchtime customers appeared to be local office workers. If you fit into this category and looking for any ordinary meal then this is the restaurant for you since you will probably receive courteous service and not be overcharged.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“First visit lives up to expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

First visit for me with relatives who live in Monza and eat here quite frequently; they love it and so I had high expectations and was not let down at all. The choice of all courses was wide and varied and it was a difficult decision but I eventually settled on a bruschetta for starter and a pasta dish for my main ... I couldn't manage anything further as I was too full apart from Wine to accompany the meal and also water. The food was mouth-wateringly excellent and couldn't have been bettered. We visited on Sunday evening after the Grand Prix and the place was very busy but we didn't feel rushed at all as all the waiters made us feel very welcome. I would definitely visit again and take my own family there

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I'll definitely be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I see this place has had some mixed reviews, but I liked it a lot. I don't often eat in the centre of Monza, but in August a lot of places are closed for the summer, so we actually chose Trattoria Caprese because a few other places we tried first weren't open. It's in a side street, and it's much bigger than it looks from the outside - there's a main room upstairs and a large basement room too, plus the outdoor seating in the summer, which I really loved the look of; it reminds me of the outdoor seating at Roman restaurants. Outside was fully booked however, so we ended up sitting downstairs, which was fine, since it was much less chaotic and had air conditioning. We actually had about a fifteen minute wait - it was really busy, and we showed up at rush hour without a reservation - but they gave us complimentary prosecco and some little fried bread ball things while we were waiting, so we were more than happy. The service wasn't particularly fast due to the amount of people in, but it wasn't irritatingly slow either, and as I've said in other reviews - I dislike being rushed, so the pace suited me fine. There were four of us at dinner, and we ordered a big mixed antipasto (can't remember the name of it, but it has mozzarella, salumi, battered vegetables, some little arancini type things, ricotta e noci which I couldn't get enough of, and some other cheeses) which three of us shared, and then my son had the cozze starter, which was huge! He just ate the cozze and nothing else, he was stuffed by the time he'd finished. The rest of us ordered two pasta dishes and one pizza, and it was all delicious. The desert table looked amazing, but we literally couldn't finish what we'd ordered already - the portions are massive! We also had two bottles of water and a litre of wine, and the total bill for all four of us was 74 euros. And they gave us a free jug of meloncello at the end of the meal! For saying this place is right in the heart of Monza, it's reasonably priced, great quality, friendly staff, and they go that bit extra. Two big thumbs up!

The only thing I might add as a warning: on the window, they have the sticker to say they accept American Express, but they don't. We had other cards with us, so it wasn't a big deal, but it would have been inconvenient if we hadn't.

• Visited August 2013
Beirut, Lebanon
“Great mouth watering restaurant in beautiful Monza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing fish dinner in this restaurant, the atmosphere is lovely and the cuisine is rich. We sat outside as inside was full and the music was a bit high, so if you want a nice smooth dinner then sit outside.

• Visited June 2013