“A memorable trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Tulla B&B and Inns
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“A memorable trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Clondanagh Cottage a fisherman's paradise if you love coarse fishing this is one place that is a must, there is so many lake's to fish you would need a lifetime to fish them all. Dorothy is such a brilliant hostess i and my friend cannot fault her, always there to help in everyway.The breakfast's are top class enough of a meal to last all day. The tackle shed's are perfect for keeping your bait fresh and tackle safe, and this lady will take you around all the lake's and show you how to to get to them in in her own vehicle a quite brilliant way to show angler's where to fish. The bedroom's are warm and very comfortable with tea and coffee a plenty. If some asks me where you will be fishing next year Clondanagh cottage would be top of my list. I would like to thank Dorothy and her lovely family including Guinness and Shelagh there pet dog's for a really warm and friendly stay at wonderful Clondanagh Cottage
Gerry A & Paul W

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Okotoks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Dorothy was such a wonderful hostess, her musical children and husband incredibly talented - our pub night was amazing! We were welcomed and given all possible helps and comforts. My older children loved the farm animals, especially the donkeys. I would and already have recommended Dorothy's B & B to everyone I know. Dorothy and her family made our experience of Ireland a generous sampling of Irish warmth, wit and hospitality. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a beautiful, peaceful place and Dorothy is awesome ! The food - beyond delicious - the rooms are spacious, warm and welcoming - we had a "hoot" talking with guests that have returned year after year and we would as well if we could ! We were invited to an Irish Jam session at a local pub ! Man did that make my husband's entire stay - a real taste of Ireland. The dogs welcomed us and hearded us ( Guinness is a sheep dog) to the lake to see the donkeys, then up the hill to visit the horses, the alpacas ( who bear the names of time honored guests) and of course the chicken who make sure we have fresh eggs. I was honored to see the newest arrival ( a newly rescued horse) and watch Dorothy pour her heart and soul into making sure all efforts were made to bring health and comfort - just what she does for guests as well, Our one regret is that we only stayed one night - if we go to Ireland again we will go again for a much longer stay. The B& B may appear "off the beaten path" and indeed it is - however, it is a short drive to many places you would want to go and offers a safe haven when the day is done

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Roscommon, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Enjoyed an wonderful break at Clondanagh Cottage with my children at Easter. The rooms, food, surroundings and most importantly the people were first class. Dorothy and her family were warm and welcoming. As with other reviewers, I cannot make one negative comment. Superb!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
East Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Dad's are often put under pressure...just go and book a holiday. This is quite a task keeping a family happy Mum and 2 kids (early teens). What I wanted was County Clare, kayaking for the kids, scenerey for my lovely lady wife and then worry about somewhere to stay! Well Googling found me this piece of heaven; Kayaks and stunning County Clare all around....and the most Welcoming B&B I have ever been too. B&B

My kids loved it here, the misses loved the whole thing...and the music will live with us for ever and as for me Dad....well the small matter of a private fishing lake,fishing at 6am with the sun rising and with Harriers perched on the boat next to me...I was content as could be. I am smiling from the memories as I type this.

When the family awoke they were happy to spend the day round the lake, me fishing at one end and them splashing about at the other...it was just devine. We will be back to stay for a lot longer next time!

So on reflection, as someone who has travelled to reland every year since 1986 I would say if you want to really know what "Céad míle fáilte" means...come here and you will never forget.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Leyland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

To all coarse anglers. For over 30 years I have travelled the length and breadth of Ireland, and have fished nearly every river and lake in the country. However in 2011 I stayed with Dorothy and her family at Clondanagh Cottage and was provided with the best fishing advice and guidance I have ever been given. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and I was given a comprehensive tour of several of the Clare lakes, and as a result enjoyed one of the most productive angling holidays I've had in years. Just take a look at the photographs!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Clondanaugh Cottage for 4 nights in Sept. 2011.Everything was wonderful! Dorothy and her family were the kindest, sweetest and warmest hosts that we have ever met. Dorothy spent lots of time with us; taking us on a tour of the farm; showing us all about the fishing equipment; and telling us great places to sightsee.She is a great cook and took the time to make us a special breakfast on our last morning! Michael even took us to a pub that he was playing at one night. Daniel(their son) played the concertina for us. He is a very talented young man. We enjoyed their daughter's dancing also. We enjoyed playing with the dogs and seeing the donkeys.It is by far; the BEST B&B I've ever seen. By the time we left; we felt like family! We will definately return!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Clondanagh Cottage? Share your experiences!