Another wonderful holiday at this superb hotel. As per my previous report (31 Oct 2011), the attention from the staff was exemplary and it is simply not possible to find fault with any of them.
The breakfasts were as before (large, varied, well prepared and tasty), and not a single lunch was needed during the week.
A couple of enhancements from last year are worth noting:-
1. They now serve light food in the afternoon and evening, so if all you need is a Greek salad or a pizza, you won't need to move from the hotel. Example prices (Sept 2012):- Pizza/pasta €8-9, Sandwiches €6, Salads €8-10, Souvlaki € 10, Bruschetta € 3, Cheese plate € 6.
2. The provision of complimentary iced melon water while sunbathing is a nice touch and welcome.
We were interested to learn that some of the furniture and the little model house shown in the photograph were actually made by Kakha, the porter/general factotum. He is a reassuring presence around the place and, like the rest of the staff, seems to be around whenever needed but not in the way when not. We had a hire car from the airport and were making our own way to the hotel but nevertheless he was there to greet us in the public car park on arrival – a very welcoming touch.
Servicing of the rooms seems to happen ‘by magic’. The hotel staff are discreet and the rooms are usually serviced whilst one is having breakfast or otherwise away – similarly, the staff choose their moment for cleaning, turning down etc. Towels are replaced daily – given the requests from most UK hotels to keep using re-using towels, this is an unashamed (if rather guilty!) luxury.
I have seen some sites suggesting that the hotel has only 12 rooms. In fact it has 20 – there are 12 individually styled rooms of various sizes and then an additional 8 studio rooms.
We stayed in the Superior Suite, as last year, (Room 9) for 5 nights and the Honeymoon Suite (Room 10) for 2 nights. Both are spacious and very comfortable (re-upholstered since last year). Both have the rather strange bathroom arrangement whereby separation from the rest of the apartment is by a ‘floating wall’ or curtain rather than with a wall and a door (see photo). The Honeymoon suite is enormous and the patios for both rooms, both overlooking the Caldera (and one of the best sunset views on the Island) are very large too.
The only difficulty in reviewing Remezzo is that there are not enough superlatives in the English language. Well be back.......
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Remezzo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Remezzo Villas Hotel Imerovigli
- Remezzo Hotel Imerovigli
- Remezzo Villas Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece