I have a nice stay there for 4 nite in White Suite (room #3). I would say its the best room in Vallais.
Firstly, its the only 1 with a separate dining room with simple kitchen faciilites, so smell from cooking would not spoil the bedroom. Secondly, its the only 1 with 2 Terraces, and really private and separated, unlike the others which can shaking hands with your neighbour. Thirdly, its not on the lobby level. There are another 3 rooms (1 is the 2 bedroom suite) on the lobby level. The lobby level is facing the public pedestrain so their terraces are always having people passing by, or maybe blocked during sunset (if some tourist stand at the road to see sunset).
Vallais is a small family owned apartment, so you cant expect any hotel services. At the time of stay, only 1 staff (the owner's son) on the shift and 1 cleaning lady only. Tholos & Astra is just downstairs, they really have a crew of staffs wearing uniform, and even with a small restaurant, but their price is double. So i dont think its a fair comparison. You cant expect too much for this cheap price. Another hotel (Grace) is charging triple (e3xx) per nite, but remember they share the same sunset view but need walk down hundreds of stair. Vallais is at the highest level in Imerovigli, so no need to worry about too much steps and stairs to take.
Stay in Imerovigli do have advantage over Fira & Oia, if you like quiet stay. Sunset in Oia, you need to stand with a lot of crowd. Not romantic at all. Imerovilgi is the only remaining location can see sunset. Imerovigli have ample carparking space than Oia. (we drive)
A group of 5 American girls from the neighbouring hotel is annoying. They speak loudly and i heard clearly, "My home have sunset everyday, Nothing worth to see"...then they keep partying, taking photo themselves with flash, while the whole island is waiting the sunset silently. (the neighbour hotel is keep having American) so good luck!
Do booking by email communication, they will confirm the discount price at email. But dont expect any pick up or car rental arrangement, they are just a small family, a local citizen. So booking other things with them wont have advantage or special discount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Imerovigli, one of the most beautiful villages of Santorini, there are "VALLAIS VILLA" apartments, just 350 meters above sea."VALLAIS VILLA" consists of traditional furnished apartments with a unique view! From your private balcony you will have the opportunity to enjoy the unlimited view over the caldera, volcano, Thirassia, Oia, Akrotiri, the small islands of the Aegean sea and of course the enchanting sunset "VALLAIS VILLA" consists of 7 equipped studios & suite ready to accept 2 to 6 persons.Each has its own fully equipped kitchen refrigerator, toast-roaster, coffee-machine.Also they have music, telephone, a TV. with 2 satellite channels, A/C, safety box,free wifi, DockWe will be happy to offer you everyday service and cleanliness in a friendly and cozy atmosphere ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo so you can book your Vallais Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vallais Villa Hotel Imerovigli
- Vallais Villa Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece