I have been able to travel a great deal thanks to ex-pat employment over a 12-year period following retirement from an education career in Canada. My experience in Santorini places this destination at or near the top of my list of places to see again. Not only is this magical, beautiful, historical and dramatical location like no other I have visited, it struck me that those who live here share my sentiments about their mountaintop island homes and take great pride in preserving and protecting all that is here to offer their guests..
From the moment I arrived at Vallais Villas (Villa #2 - a Junior Suite with an outdoor jacuzzi) I felt at home. I was well cared for in a non-intrusive manner by personable and professional innkeepers whose purpose was to ensure I enjoyed my stay in meticulously clean and sparkling accommodations.
- Seven days with seven different menus for seven delicious and bountiful breakfasts.
- "Problem with the internet? I'll be right up!"
- "Tickets for the tour boat to the volcano? No problem; just pick them up here at reception!"
- Warm smiles from gracious hosts and the hotel staff was assured.
The happiness at Vallais Villas was infectious - daily adventures were exchanged with those of fellow guests who became new acquaintances.
The early spring (April 5-12) was chosen knowing it would be less expensive, cooler and would avoid the summertime crowds. The daytime temperatures were perfect for energetic hikes around the islands and for climbing the hills and stairs for which Santorini is known.
A glass of wine at sunset, a daily massage from the heated jacuzzi and the nighttime chilly air ensured a peaceful sleep.
The benefits from shoulder-season pricing and competitive service providers (restaurants and car rentals, for example) would have been reward enough for this travel; as it turned out, I feel I hit the motherload during this exquisite holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Vallais Villa Hotel
- Vallais Villa Hotel Imerovigli
- Vallais Villa Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Imerovigli, one of the most beautiful villages of Santorini, there are "VALLAIS VILLA" apartments, just 350 meters above sea."VALLAIS VILLA" consists of traditional furnished apartments with a unique view! From your private balcony you will have the opportunity to enjoy the unlimited view over the caldera, volcano, Thirassia, Oia, Akrotiri, the small islands of the Aegean sea and of course the enchanting sunset "VALLAIS VILLA" consists of 7 equipped studios & suite ready to accept 2 to 6 persons.Each has its own fully equipped kitchen refrigerator, toast-roaster, coffee-machine.Also they have music, telephone, a TV. with 2 satellite channels, A/C, safety box,free wifi, DockWe will be happy to offer you everyday service and cleanliness in a friendly and cozy atmosphere ... more less