My husband and I traveled to Greece for our honeymoon, and Vallais Villas was our first stop. From the start, Loukas took great care in ensuring our time in Santorini was unforgettable. We opted to take the arranged transport from the airport to the hotel (arranged by Loukas by email the day before), and were glad that we did. The bus took us as close as one can get to the hotel (which is only about a 2 minute walk; and not down lots of stairs like other places!). It was about the same price as a taxi. Loukas met us at the bus and even carried our bags for us! Here are our reasons to stay at Vallais Villas:
1) Friendly service - Loukas was always available (7am-9pm) to help us coordinate travel, give advice on restaurants, or suggest tours (highly recommend the Volcano tour, and the tour of the south part of the island). Everything he suggested was great - the tour operators were fantastic and very professional (Pelican Tours).
2) Views - the views anywhere along the Caldera are beautiful, but we never once tired of waking up to a beautiful sunrise over the ocean, or watching the sunset from our hot tub (we stayed in the jr suite). Privacy can be an issue when staying along the caldera, as there are so many hotels crammed into one area, but Vallais is near the top, so no one was looking down on us which was nice.
3) Skaros Rock - pretty awesome huge rock formation that you can climb to the top of, right outside the hotel! its a hike, but we did it at sunset and it was beautiful.
4) Clean & Modern - the place is immaculate - and I am a complete germaphobe, so that is saying A LOT. Rooms were thoroughly cleaned everyday. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom fixtures were modern. No water pressure issues, and always warm water! AC available, although we didn't use it.
5) Food - AMAZING. Breakfast on your private patio every morning, brought up minutes after your request. Fresh breads, fruits, eggs, yogurt (greek of course!), and coffee or tea and juice. This made our mornings so wonderful - we still talk about it all the time!
6) Access - Imerovigli is a great place to stay if you want a quiet experience, but still have access to most of the island. It is right smack in the middle of the Caldera, and so access to most of the attractions was quick and painless. Thira is only about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. You can walk along the Caldera (stunning views and glorious precipices, with lots of little hole-in-the-wall shops along the way). You can also walk the main roads, which is bit faster, but no views and risky along those Greek roads! There is a bus stop about a 5 minute walk from the hotel (don't expect it to be on time....we recommend taxis if you need to be somewhere at a specific time). Thira is great, and bustling, but really enjoyed the walk everyday to and from the "City" and returning to Imerovigli.
7) Imerovigli - has everything you need. Great little bakeries, corner stores, pharmacy, restaurants. We recommend Bella Thira - we ate there twice and it was great both times.
8)Value - this place is your BEST deal on the island. Don't look any further.
If you are looking for an unforgettable trip, book with Loukas. You will not be disappointed. We hope to go back to Santorini some day, and when we do, we will be staying here again.
We stayed in a junior suite - worth the extra $$$
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.