We stayed in the Stone room in early June for a week and it was amazing! Imerovigli is the perfect, quiet place to stay and the Archouses is in one of the highest spots with a wonderful unobstructed view! We walked from Fira to Oia and were able to see a lot of hotels. We were glad we chose Archouses because it's much more private than other places as it is off the road and a bit off the main foot path so you can sit on your private balcony undisturbed and look at the beautiful view.
The most important feature to me in a hotel is cleanliness and Flora's team kept our room immaculate! We didn't even see any bugs.
Flora was great, very welcoming and was able to give us great information about places to see and wonderful restaurant recommendations. (Seriously, listen to her!) We were also close to a small market and bakery and were able to make great breakfast in the mornings in our little but very functional kitchenette.
There's no pool but we didn't feel it was important. You should be able to climb stairs fairly easily to stay here but that's probably true for every place on the island. The biggest danger when staying here is that your room is so comfortable and the view from your balcony is so amazing that you won't want to leave to see the rest of the island!
We had an incredible stay at Archouses and hope to return someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ARCHouses hotel is situated in Imerovigli - known for the breathtaking view to the Caldera - at the highest point of the settlement. The hotel lies 50m. from the church of Panagia Maltesa ( Maltese ) and 1.8 km from Fira, the capital of the island. The hotel offers magnificent views of the volcano, the Aegean Sea and the, undoubtedly, most famous sunset in the world.The ARCHouses complex is a mixture of traditional cycladic and modern architecture. The architect and householder of Archouses, Mrs. Flora Nastouli, has designed all spaces with much love giving attention to every detail. The fine structural lines and the quality of materials used (linen & silk) create an elegant and luxurious ambience that adds extra comfort in your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Arc Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arc Houses Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Houses Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece