Having booked directly with the hotel, we thought nothing could go wrong. How wrong were we. They attempted to arrange a taxi from airport to the hotel but he was a no show, not surprising as we did not receive a confirmation email from the reception after informing them of our arrival details. Wonderful welcome in beautiful reception area, then the so called manager informed us the honeymoon suite we had paid for was not available but another room was. This however had no view to the caldera. It was a box, with a minute shared pool, right next to the main entrance where everyone smoked. They attempted to fob us off with other hotels of a much lesser room rate but non were available for a 3 night stay. Our own trip advisor research found plenty of hotels available! We stayed for the first night as tired and emotional and thought we would sort out in the morning. The manager did not even acknowledge us in the morning. It was not until my wife, after sitting at the breakfast table for 15 mins called her over to ask what hotels she had arranged for us to see that she actually spoke to us. We just wanted out of here! More fobbing off, saying we did not respond to whether we wanted one of the alternative hotels shown the evening before, when we were actually waiting for her to phone us, unbelievable really. Eventually shown a room at the iconic, which is amazing. We are still negotiating a full refund from the Maltese for their total negligence in over booking. There are only 9 rooms! Whilst there we over heard another couple in exactly the same position. I really wish we had taken notice of the other reviews on trip advisor but thought if they over booked once they would sort their systems out but apparently not! The Maltese loss was the Iconics gain, they were truly amazing and the view, which is why everyone comes to Santorini, was the most impressive we have ever seen. Please think carefully if booking the Maltese
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the highest point of the Caldera, 250m above the sea on the top of the traditional village of Imerovigli, with spectacular views of the village, the cliff, the volcano, the famous sunset and the Caldera rim 10 km from Santorini International Airport and 10 km from Athinios Port 3 km from the capital of the island, Fira located La Maltese Estate, a neoclassic mansion-captain’s house, a true sample of luxury and culture have been renovated and converted to a luxury exclusive Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Splendia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your La Maltese Estate Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maltese Hotel And Restaurant
- La Maltese Estate Villa Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece