“Nothing like the photographs on Secret Escapes” 2 of 5 stars

La Maltese Estate Villa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #37 of 42 hotels in Imerovigli
Cyprus
“Nothing like the photographs on Secret Escapes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just want to confirm Mr Allen story as we were the honeymoon couple, being booked out was a blessing, also we had pre-booked the special menu for our second night which was all confirmed and when we turned up they said they were no longer doing it, although I have no complaints that they booked us into a superior hotel and paid for the dinner in our hotel that they couldn't provide I would never stay in this hotel ever in my life

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Re: Amit G comment. The same happened to us. We had booked 2 suites as one couple were on honeymoon. On arrival we were told the same - sorry we are double booked. That was the best thing that could have happened to us. The situation of La Maltese is bad and although it looks good in the photographs you will be disappointed to see the place with your own eyes. What about the power cables that cross the sea view and the building works next door or the very tired look inside. They are careful not to show those. Fortunately we were moved to a REAL 5 Star Hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Strombeek-Bever, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

For 3 days we have been enjoying La Maltese thanks to the brilliant staff!
The host welcomed us as if we knew her for years. She is the type of person who is friendly but not in a "played way"; you can feel she is honest!
We stayed in the suite with semi private pool which was very nice! Very clean, nicely furnished. The only thing we missed was wardrobe space as the present wardrobe is a bit tiny.
Although our room didn't have caldera vieuw the large balcony is just two steps away from where you enjoy the breathtaking view while enjoying a delicious breakfast!
Breakfast was a blessing; all fresh and well prepared. We loved the fresh fruits!
We had dinner twice and want to recommend it to everyone. The chef is brilliant and food just nice!!
It was the beginning of our stay at the cyclades and were more than happy to start at La Maltese!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room with semi private pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Weehawken, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had booked two of their 2 bedroom suites so that our entire family could stay there. ( 4 adults and 4 kids). It was a prepaid rate with no cancellation directly booked through the hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel at 9 pm at night after a long days travel, we were informed they had no rooms for us due to an error in their booking system. ( they had know of the error for several days but no-one had bothered to contact us). Eventually at 11.40 pm they shift half our family to another hotel a mile away and give us a single room with the most uncomfortable sofa bed to sleep on.

In the morning they agree to reimburse us back some of the money but we are told that we will see the credit in a couple of days. We end up staying at the hotel for 2 more days as in the middle of August there were no other options in Santorini. It has now been almost a month since we stayed there and we are still waiting for our refund. They refuse to answer to emails.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I wrote the first part of my review for this hotel while I was still there, under my other tripadvisor account (YAZITZOGLOU), so this is the second part. The day after I posted my review the lady in charge of the hotel told me that I was unfair to the hotel because the hot water issue was not reported to them and as soon as we told them the next day they fixed it. May the record show that the issue of downgrading us from the Master suite to a room called the honeymoon suite which was 1/3 the size, was never addressed by the hotel responsible.... Not even an apology for marketing reasons.
But since I don't want to be unfair to the hotel, I must also say that the personnel was extremely polite and helpful and that whatever food we had (breakfast and some snacks) was very good. For the rest please refer to my pictures.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite is really small. Master suite is very comfortable in matter of space
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I took my chances to go to Santorini on the hottest week of the year. I must admit the island stood up to my expectations. Can't say the same for the hotel. I have booked and guaranteed with my credit card their largest room. With the poor excuse of power cuts ( read overbooking) I was downgraded to a " honeymoon suite" . The main sleeping area was no more than 12 sqm!!!! In the room there was no closet !!, ( I will attach the foto ) I understand that honeymooners do not need too many clothes, but having nowhere to put my underwear in a five ???? Star hotel sounds like a joke. I had my kids with me and they were also given a "honeymoon suite!!!!" Theirs had some space to put your clothes, but not hot water. As the nice handyman of the hotel explained to me, due to the weekend they wouldn't fix it till Monday. Three nights without a hot shower!!!

I am a Greek and I love my country. But if this is how we understand five star tourism, the worst is yet to come. In a nutshell, if you go for Santorini, you might as well avoid LA MALTESE !!!!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My review is coming a bit late! I had my wedding in La Maltese on June 2nd, 2013! What an amazing venue, service, room and the food was just outstanding! The venue was recently renovated to look like a white wonderland! The staff went above and beyond to ensure that the wedding goes according to plan.Giota Pottaki helped us plan our wedding all the way from Dubai. When we showed up, it was exactly as we imagined! The restaurant manager was also one of the sweetest and helpful people we came across! We had some last minute changes but the staff managed to give us the most unforgettable experience. We were 47 people and the venue was big enough, usually it's difficult to find a luxury venue with amazing views that can host up to 50 people!
We stayed at the Honeymoon suit for 3 nights after which was breathtaking! The only thing is that it has no view from inside the room (Room is a duplex style). However, when you walk outside, you walk to a terrace with the most amazing view! The location is perfect, very quite area but very close to the city-center. I recommend everyone to rent ATVs, pick up a map of the island, and just drive around!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Maltese Estate Villa? Share your experiences!