One a spur of the moment, while staying in Athens, we decided to go to Santorini for two nights. Hotels were booked in Fiera and Oia. Using Tripadvisor we found this and decided to make do. What a find! Turns out Fiera and Oia are too chocked with visitors and jaded shop owners to be enjoyable. Afroessa is located not far from Fiera but far enough not to attract the crowds. It has perhaps one of the most commanding views of the caldera anywhere on the island cliffs. The hotel is composed of about a dozen rooms (not sure the exact number) spilling down the cliff top. Each room is different and probably has a slightly different view. We were in room 8 located adjacent to the pool. Room was very comfortable. TV, AC, internet, refrigerator, kitchenette. Room was somewhat built into the hillside. Well appointed but difficult to describe although tasteful. view from the room windows, room terrace and the adjacent pool seating area was incredible and relaxing; sea, caldera, distant islands, white washed Oia. The staff were all very pleasant. Breakfast delivered to our terrace. There was even access to Greek restaurant delivery service that came to the hotel and was brought down by the staff (surprisingly reasonably priced). I simply cannot bestow enough accolades on this small hotel. I would definitely rate it my number one for future hotel stays on this island. However, it is rather expensive but in the range of others with similar views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel "Afroessa." Afroessa hotel praises romance. Our guests experience the exceptional view from our "old canavas" rooms, set atop Santorini's hillside. The original site of a winery built in 1700, it was renovated in 1998 on its existing foundation. Our ten studios, each with its own unique archway are built on five levels, with their own magical view of the Caldera. Each studio is individually decorated giving each its own distinct character, yet maintaining the traditional style. The beds are built into the foundations and the furnishings and decorations chosen so as to enhance the warm and romantic feelings created by the surroundings. The priceless moments which you will experience during the enchanting sunsets from your balconies and the relaxing pool bar, with chill-out music will forever remain in your memories, reminding you of the serene calm and magic of Afroessa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Afroessa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroessa Hotel Imerovigli
- Afroessa Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece