“Summer escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Artemis Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Artemis Villas
You added Artemis Villas to your Saves list
Imerovigli, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Imerovigli
San Diego, CA
“Summer escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I took a trip to the Greek islands this past summer. Our last stop was Santorini and what a wonderful place to finish our trip. After much research we decided to stay at Artemis Villas. The hotel views are to die for; the best out of all the islands we visited! However what stands out the most about this place is the service. It was hands down the best level of service we have ever experienced. From the moment we checked in until we left it was truly unbelievable what level of care Chris and the entire staff provides. We will be coming back!

Just one downfall...if you are tall, showering is a bit difficult due to the slanted ceilings in the bathroom. You may want to inquire about the type of bathroom in your suite. Other than that all was perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Greek first
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Artemis Villas was the most amazing spot for our honeymoon!! The staff is so nice and Angela & Chris were wonderful to work with. The food is also great (especially breakfast!) -- be prepared for a lot of food! We stayed in the superior suite with the jacuzzi tub (Room 115) and absolutely loved it. We didn't see the need for a "honeymoon suite" so we went with the smaller room and lucked out getting what we think was the best patio on the property. The views are spectacular and the sunset view is just as good as what you can get in Oia. The patios have unobstructed views of the water & sunset from every room & the view from the rooftop pool deck is stunning. You also get a sunset treat every night which was usually a cocktail and/or dessert. It is so peaceful & quiet on the balconies. Also, even though the hotel is not right in Fira or Oia, getting around the island is easy. The hotel is about a 7 Euro taxi ride from Fira or a 30-minute walk. The walk to Fira is absolutely breathtaking, so we recommend walking during the day and taking a taxi back at night when it is dark. It was about an 18 Euro taxi ride to Oia. We visited two beaches (Kamari & Exo Gialos) and it was easy to get to both by walking to Fira to catch a taxi to cut down on the cost a bit. Make sure you walk to Anogi for dinner -- the restaurant just behind the hotel in Imerovigli. There is no view of the Caldera, but the food and service is the best!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the beautiful Artemis Villas from the 20th - 24th of October 2013. Angela, Chris and all the staff really made the difference and we felt more like we were part of the family than guests. Nothing was a problem and they were always smiling which goes to show how much they love what they do.
On top of this, I had told Angela that I was going to pop the question to my girlfriend. Angela organised a personal tour of the island and at the first location another staff member had gone ahead to put a bottle of champagne and meticulously placed rose buds on a section of the track that has a heart shaped rock and looks over a small church. Thankfully the answer was yes!
Every day we would get sunset drinks and delicious homemade deserts and weather forecasts for the next day.
Imerovigli is perfectly placed and just a short walk into Fira but far enough away to be tranquil at all times.
I would not hesitate to recommend Artemis Villas to anyone, it was such a lovely place and we both miss it - and the staff - already!

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from one week at the Aretemis Villas, Santorini. We had the most amazing holiday. The aretemis Villa exceeded our expectations and we could not fault it. We stayed in the most basic studio, which was spotlessly clean, comfortable and with the most amazing views. All of the staff were excellent, and as other people have mentioned the extra touches made all the difference. The continental breakfast was plentiful, fresh and great value. The location was perfect as it was quiet and relaxing with some lovely restaurants close by. The bus service was also good. The walk to Fira was 35 minutes, with a taxi for €7 or the bus for €1.60. Oia was a 2.5 hour walk away.

Overall I would highly recommend the Aretemis Villa as it is excellent value for money, amazing views and great staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Artemis on a two week trip to Greece. The hotel really took care of us - offering sunset drinks and desert every night. The room was beautiful - and since there aren't that many rooms at the hotel it really feels intimate. The hotel is a little expensive - but worth the cost if you want a little bit of luxury on your vacation stay. The view is absolutely amazing and it's easy to walk into Thira for dinner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had a very nice stay at Artemis Villas. I was unsure where to stay on Santorini and am glad I chose Imerovigli – much quieter than the horribly busy Fira and Oia with very special views over the Caldera.

My room was beautifully presented, with crisp white and blue décor and a lovely marble bathroom. The view was very special, particularly at sunset. It wasn't the best value - my studio room was small for the cost, the main balcony was up some stairs rather than directly off of my room, and breakfast was extra. But there were lots of lovely complimentary touches which made my stay more special, like a welcome drink and desert, and champagne while I watched the sunset.

The pool was wonderfully cool and refreshing, and was quite secluded compared to some of the other hotels in Imerovigli, with pools right by the public footpaths. It was very small (more of a plunge pool), and only a small number of loungers (two or three) received any shade in the afternoon from the single large umbrella - though I didn't find it an issue at the end of the season as I usually had it to myself. I didn't have my own hot tub, so booked the one by the pool and had the entire deck to myself for an evening – a lovely way to watch the sunset.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful - the wonderful lady who cleans the rooms and provides the weather forecast every evening deserves a special mention. But it was obvious that they weren't used to solo travellers (that goes for everywhere I went in Santorini - not unexpected from the honeymoon island, but for the price it really shouldn't have been noticeable). The breakfast was for two people and enormous, and the otherwise very friendly man who met me at the port made very clear his astonishment to find me travelling alone - I felt like I was being judged for it, which wasn't a good welcome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wow!! What a gorgeous place. We spent 4 nights here for our one year anniversary and loved it. We stayed in the studio and it was economical in size but just right for us and so cute!! Gorgeous gorgeous views!! Very serene location. Service is amazing and the porters/staff very friendly . This is a great place for honeymooners or anniversary couples. Angela and Chris were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and helped us arrange a sailing tour, renting a car to see
the island. Wifi went mia sometimes, but I didnt want to be glued to my phone anyway with such a view!!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Artemis Villas? Share your experiences!