“a lovely room with a breathtaking view” 5 of 5 stars

Pegasus Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #34 of 42 hotels in Imerovigli
UK
“a lovely room with a breathtaking view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

This is one of those special,individual small hotels to treasure-far from any corporate monstrosity.
The location on the side of the caldera is amazing and the view spectacular.
One of the many lovely things about this place is the peace and quiet, as it is well away from the road.
The staff,especially Sam and Astridi, are very hardworking, helpful and friendly and unexpected special little treats appeared several evenings-baklava, figs, berries -and oh!the breakfasts! Sitting on our terrace, feasting on honey and yoghurt, the blue Aegean far below us scattered with islands, we felt like Greek gods.
We had a junior suite which was airy and spacious, simply but nicely furnished and spotlessly clean, though some of the standard suites seemed a bit small and not all had the lovely view that we had. There are lots and lots of steps, so it might be a bit of a struggle if your knees are creaky! However, the hard working staff willingly carry suitcases up and down the steps.
Imerovigli is a quiet place with a few supermarkets and restaurants. It is an easy and lovely 10 minute walk along the caldera footpath to Fira Stephani where there are better restaurants and another 10 minutes to more hectic Fira. The walk in the other direction towards Oia has some wonderful views and if you don't feel like making it all the way to Oia, you can go down to the main road and catch a bus.
There are some beautiful 17th century BC wall paintings in a museum in Fira and the archeological museum is excellent.
Primes -Nottingham- UK

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
Ipswich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I have just returned from one week stay at Pegasus Suites. I have never felt so relaxed on a return from a holiday. From the moment you walk through the entrance you are made to feel like part of Pegasus’s family by the hosts and the other guests. The staff was very friendly and always had handy tips or suggestions for places to go and things to see.

The room my friend and I stayed in was perfectly clean, and we both loved the Jacuzzi. Breakfast was a treat - the best I have had in all Greece.

The pool had the perfect temperature to cool down and the comfortable chairs were ideal for napping or reading a book, in the shade or in the sun.

The location was great as well. Not right in the centre of touristy Santorini, but near a strip of shops, internet and restaurants. Simple loved the place! I really hope to come back to Santorini and Pegasus Suite some day. I had a wonderful stay, and I think it might just be the best memory of my stay in Santorini.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

My teenage son and I stayed here in June 09 and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write this review. This place is just so special. We stayed in a number of places in Rome and throughout southern Spain but this was the best. Great spot, great room (and I think we were in the smallest room, yet it was amazing). Unbelievable view. Unbeatable service and hospitality....thanks Alexandra! Fantastic breakfast by the pool each morning. Our rate included breakfast and was extremely reasonable. I'm sure there are more expensive places on Santorini but frankly I don't know why you would stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My sister and I called Pegasus Suites about a week before we were scheduled to be in Santorini. The receptionist answered and was extremely helpful in accommodating us during a holiday weekend on the island. He provided tips on getting to the island from Paros and was very knowledgeable about the ferry schedules.

Once we arrived at Pegasus Suites, the staff couldn't have been more helpful- they recommended great places to see on the island, restaurants, and were generally our go-to guide for all things Santorini/Greece. Our room was extremely clean, well-cared for, and priced very reasonably. The hotel’s location was the perfect for us.

After travelling through Spain and Italy the prior three weeks before arriving in Santorini, Pegasus Suites was a dream come true. My sister and I said over and over that the management at the hotel and staff's incredible kindness and hospitality really made Santorini our favourite place to visit in Europe. We stayed six nights in Santorini and still weren't ready to leave! I would recommend Pegasus Suites to anyone I know travelling to the Greek islands- it was fantastic!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Great Yarmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

After reading all the glowing reviews we decided to try Pegasus, but being sceptics we thought it could not be quite as good as everyone described. However, our week there exceeded our expectations in every respect. What a wonderful place to spend a vacation!
From the moment we made our reservations to the time we boarded our departing flight, the professional staff went the extra mile to ensure we had everything we needed. Our flight from Athens to Santorini was delayed more than four hours which could have spelled a disastrous beginning to our vacation, but one phone call to Pegasus and everything was arranged.

The staff was charming and very helpful throughout our stay. The rooms well decorated, extremely comfortable and very quiet .

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed at Pegasus Suites for 3 nights at the end of our holiday. We wanted somewhere quiet, relaxed, with good service, the right amenities and a nice atmosphere. Based on previous reviews we expected a good accommodation.

We received excellent directions from the hotel on getting there which we did via the taxi which was no problem at all.

The best feature was the wake up call. First there was the phone call and then within 10 minutes there was another one call to make sure that we woke up.

Rooms are more spacious than most European hotel rooms, and they are beautifully decorated. The service is equal to any 4-star hotel, and in some cases, even better. Wi-Fi is free and available throughout the entire hotel, breakfast service is delivered to your room every morning (upon request),

I highly recommend Pegasus Suites and will definitely stay there again on future visits!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Can’t say enough good things about this place!

Just returned from our second stay .

This is absolutely my favourite place to stay.

The location was also great - close enough to everything you want to visit in this great island.

I can't really say which suite was my favourite. They were both special in different ways.

The Pegasus suite : you have your own balcony with the magic view, every day we relaxed in our living room with antique furniture and the inside Jacuzzi tub make us fell Happy .

The Presidential Cave suite: In our second stay we went with our friends.

We booked the Presidential Suite for 4 persons. The bathrooms were big as it was 2 (the one with Jacuzzi). We order meals from the restaurants and we eat them in our dinning area. The best part was the terrace was really amazing.

They are both beautiful. I will definitely be back, I have many suites to try.

Inside, as mentioned, was really welcoming and comfortable - enough complimentary snacks and drinks as you could want to make yourself feel right at home and full of all the guides and information you will ever need to finalise or inspire your choice of things to do!

In all, I think I can best describe it as like staying in a friend house in one of the greatest island in the world - it doesn't get much better!

It truly deserves it's 'Excellent' rating!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Pegasus Suites? Share your experiences!