“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 42 hotels in Imerovigli
San Francisco
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Staff was polite, food was fantastic, views are great and the room was perfect. The staff met us with a complimentary dessert upon arrival. It was located in close proximity to the town and restaurants. It made up for a terrible stay at the Mykonian Mare in Mykonos (which to this day may be the worst hotel I've stayed at).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

When looking to stay in Santorini, it can be overwhelming trying to pick the right location and hotel! I was making all the arrangements for our honeymoon and never being to Greece or Santorini before, was exhausted from trying to pick the best place to stay that wouldn't break our budget! I came across Pegasus Suites and my husband and I decided to stretch the cost a little more to stay in a private suite and have absolutely NO regrets! It is the BEST hotel and an incredible experience! It is so worth having your own private balcony and private hot tub! The views from the balcony are looking right at the volcano and it is phenomenal! What an experience!

We stayed in the Dyonisius Suite and it was the perfect balance of comfort, privary, and beauty! All around you are surrounded by beautiful views of the caldera, volcano, water and sunsets! They say the most beautiful sunsets in the world are in Oia--well we went there and granted, the sunset was beautiful, but it was almost as beautiful right on the balcony at our hotel (and there weren't any crowds to fight!)

The room was VERY spacious and I loved how the doors and windows all opened up to the outside balcony if you wanted them too. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was also very spacious, but be aware, as is very common in European hotels it is a hand-held nozzle and no shower curtain, so the whole bathroom will get rather wet if you try to shower. That said it was very clean and had a large jacuzzi tub (I am just more of a shower person and was not a fan of soaking everything in the bathroom along with me!)

Overall I would say the bathroom was very clean, the only thing I could pick on is that there did appear to be some mold around the grout/rim of the tub. But keep in mind that I am a goddess of cleanliness and literally carry tilex/Mr. Clean and clorox wipes anywhere I travel.

Some people complained about steps, this is hotel in the Caldera and thus will require you to walk up a few steps. However the staff is super about carrying all your luggage for you (I felt so bad because we had a lot!) and anything you need you can just ring them up and they are there in a moment with it! Excellent service! Any hotel you stay in that is in the caldera will have steps, but to get the authentic experience it is definitely worth it!

The location of the hotel was great! We could walk to the main city, Fira, in just a few miutes, but were far enough away to not be in the loud, craziness of the city. And if you didn't want to walk to Fira, there were wonderful restaurants and little local shops just up the path from the hotel. (Oia is a bit further away so you would want to taxi).

The staff deserves a 11 out of 10 for service! There is nothing you may need or want that is too much for them! Especially Georgia! She was a gem in helping make us comfortable, get us acclimated to the area, make recommondations of where to go, where to eat, etc. And even arranged it all for us. (Definitely do the Spiridakos day cruise aroud the volcano...it is an amazing experience!) We took her up on all of her recommondations and were not dissapointed! Our first night there we had just had a traumatic airplane experience and were exhausted, stressed and starving. With my husband being Greek, the closest gyro place would have been fine for him, but I prefer traditional Greek food and within a few minutes of meeting me and talking to me Georgia pin-pointed the perfect place to send us! It totally restored my confindence in Greek cuisine!

And speaking of cuisine, the breakfast at Pegasus is specatcular! You have a huge selection to choose from and they deliver it right to your balcony/room. It was one of my favorite things of our whole honeymoon! My husband still longs for breakfasts at the Pegasus! :)

All in all we were more than happy with our choice. I feel like we found the diamond in a sea of cubic zirconium and only wish I could be back there now! We will definitely return and are eagerly looking forward to it! (PS. a special thank you to Georgia for making this part of our honeymoon so special! :) "Efkaristo!"

Hopefully this review will help some others out there as you plan your special journey to Santorini! You won't regret choosing Pegasus Suites!

Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Was a fantastic holiday, one of the best! It's all about location, and location and location! This hotel is ideal if you are looking for the best location! Fantastic view from a great location! :)

Mr. Lefteris, the owner of the hotel and his family are really helpful and always available!

Strongly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Go for a suite with a private Jacuzzi if you can afford it!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed for a week in Jun/Jul 2012. The experience was even better than expected. The staff were attentive and discreet, the view was beautiful. The room was well decorated and spacious. We had a fantastic time and when visitng Santorini again The Pegasus would definately be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: If you are able to choose a suite then do so.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at Pegasus Suites at the end of our 6 weeks Europen holiday and it was what i was most excited about! It didnt disapoint. Although I will say, spending that bit extra to have your private outdoor jacuzzi/balcony and suite on the upper levels is well worth the effort if you dont want dissapointment. My dream suite that took my breath away was the Achlieas (if thats spelt right). Amazing and words can not describe how perfect it was. The sky junior suite was also fabulous and to die for! The rooms were clean and well presented. Our maintance/breakfast delievery guy was very friendly and made the stay. He seemed to work 24/7 and looked like he was so proud and happy to work there and made the suites seem so personal. The cocktails were nice and they remebered what we had oredered and sent the next two to our rooms, such a little touch went such a long way! :)

Breakfast delivered every morning to your balcony was soooo good and with views we had from all rooms it was just magnificent. You could choose from a large variety and times.

The position is good. Its quiet, its out of town without the crowds which we loved. I will say though, if you dont like walking far, it is a decent walk into town... with such beautiful weather, it is a hot long walk, but if you dont mind this, then great! The view along the way is enough to take your mind away from the heat etc! Its about 15 min walk.
I do agree with another comment that there is a big rock (beautiful as it is) that does block the view and the sunset, which was a shame. But the view straight out and of the cliff face is stunning. We just noticed that is was cutting alot more of the view than we expected.

The only negatives i have to mention which seemed to be a one off, was we didnt have any personalised pick up nor greeting from the ferry as promised. Just a taxi man who scored an extra fare by squeezing another couple in with us for the half an hour drive which left a bad taste in our mouth and not a good start. Our drop off back to the airport though was personalised and very friendly which was a relief and left us smiling and very satisfied!
Then our first room which we had booked was average but so was the price so was to be expected (Outdoor jacuzzi room -not a suite- on lowest level under pool, dont book!)
But then the next two rooms we booked were even better than we expected and were so very excited! As mentioned above, took our breath away and very highly recommended. I still dream about them! :)

Would highly recommend Pegasus Suites if you dont mind paying a little extra for the most amazing rooms on offer. Very Greek style and feel and felt like we were in heavan!

Room Tip: Highest floors with private balconies/jacuzzi/suite are well worth the $$! Achllieas suite is what...
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed in Pegasus in July 2012 and we had a very nice experience ! We had The Cave Suite, a very interesting apartament build in a cave with old representative furnitures ! Everything was just perfect. Santorini island and specially Imerovigli is an amazing place for romance and the view from Pegasus over Caldera is stunning ! The staff was great, everybody speak good english and they don't know what to do to make you feel welcome and special. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, if you want something special for your vacation. And take a studio with outdoor jacuzzi ! You 'll not regret ! I hope sometime we'll be back in Pegasus Imerovigli !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

my wife always wanted to go back and spend time in santorini after a visit on a tour.we picked the best hotel service,rooms,meals were fantastic.The place has an appeal and location beyond imagination.I have read a few poor reviews those people must be deaf dumb and blind not to appreciate the beauty of this hotel.The staff are super friendly and helpful.If your complaint is climbing stairs dont go to santorini.Having toured most of europe one of the best

Room Tip: rooms arond the pool are great all are very private
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pegasus Suites? Share your experiences!