“Sunset hike!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Singapore, Singapore
“Sunset hike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was a simple hike yet the view was really nice and the weather was fabulous. Can be a little scary while going around cos it seems steep but it was a great experience.

Visited April 2013

• Greek first
  • Thai first
Santa Monica, California
85 attraction reviews
“Adventure and beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This infamous Santorini Landmark is a wonderful place to hike out too. Bring water and travel light. The view from the rock is magical and if you believe in 'that sort of thing' imbued with a special energy. I felt it. It is bound to be windy by the way as it juts out into the Caldera.

Visited July 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
51 attraction reviews
“Timing is Everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

While it may be tempting to watch the sunset from this outcrop, keep in mind your hike back! It isn't the easiest of climbs in the daylight. Go late afternoon so you can be back around dusk - just remember where you are! The sunset is unbelievable no matter where you are on that side of the island. I walked back up to the main path and just sat down for an hour and watched. Most people will do the same - just plop down wherever they are to watch the majesty.

Visited July 2012
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
13 attraction reviews
“I enjoyed the climb and the views immensely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was a challenge that was there and had to be done. Directly outside our hotel (Sunny Villas) was an immense rock on the ocean with a path to it that looped down and up to the other side. It was a fabulous view all by itself in the middle of the Aegean Sea surrounded by volcano and other islands. The views were fantastic the entire way. The wind was up and added to the ambiance. There were lizards, bees and other bugs, but nothing that bothered. Who doesn't want a mildly exerting climb with fantastic scenery the entire way. I certainly needed the exercise after all that Greek food :)

I would not do it when it was either wet or dark. I thought my children (6 and 8) were a little young for it. Bring water.

Visited April 2013
South Florida, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Amazing Grace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hike to Skaros Rock and the church clinging to the side of the massif tops my list of things to do in Santorini. My husband and I came here nearly 22 years ago on our honeymoon. This time we brought our daughter whose middle name is Santorini. We happened to run into the owner of the Blue Note Restaurant as we were looking for the beginning of the staircase. It sits on the west side of his restaurant. It took us about 45 minutes to walk one way to the rock. We went around 10 a.m. and returned by noon. We had plenty of time to experience the peace and tranquility of the church and the area's natural beauty. I'm confused by some of the other posts that talk about climbing the rock itself. I suppose that's possible. We found a path on the righthand side but decided it looked sketchy. We were happy to have followed the lefthand route to the church.

Visited March 2013