“Rocabella Rocks!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Imerovigli
Matawan, New Jersey
“Rocabella Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I just got back from a week vacation with my wife at Rocabella Deluxe Suites in Santorini, Greece and have to say that it was one of the best vacations we ever had. The room we picked was the priciest but it was worth it and the service was top-notch. The rooms and hotel property were immaculate and maintained impecibly and the staff went out of their way to ensure that your needs were met - whether it was making reservations for dinner at a local restaurant or transportation to and from one of the towns. The only negative point I can make (and it is minor in comparison to all good things we experienced) is that the hotel hosts many weddings on its property. There were two while we were there and while the reception was taking place we were asked to leave the bar and then the main pool area until the guests left. Again, it wasn't a major problem since there were other places we could sit and relax at the hotel during the wedding but it was a liitle annoying.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the views from the Hotel were exquisit. We could not get enough of the beautiful sunsets .

I would highly recommed this hotel to anyone but aspecially to couples since it is so romantic.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear LarryS50,

Thank you very much for taking some of your time to leave your comments for Rocabella on TA. It is very nice to hear back from you after such a short time!

To begin with, I would like to thank you for choosing Rocabella and our Rocabella Suite to spend a week of your vacation in Santorini.
I am really glad that you are happy with our recommendations. We never suggest a place to our guests that we have never been or that we did not stay satisfied from.
The views from our hotel and in general from Santorini on the side of the Caldera, I have to agree with you, that they are exquisite!
I would like to apologize if you got annoyed by the weddings hosted in our hotel during your stay. However, as you mentioned as well, we rely on the fact that we have 4 different pools and 2 pool bars. As a result, if one is reserved by a wedding reception our guests can enjoy the rest of the facilities.
At last, I would like to thank you for your intention of recommending Rocabella on TA.

We would be delighted to have you again in Rocabella to enjoy a few more of the beautiful sunsets!

Savas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just got back from Santorini yesterday after staying at this hotel.
Rocabella was indisputably GORGEOUS from the back. The views from the backside of the hotel were just magnificent. I will remember those sunsets forever.

However, I found the rest of the hotel to be just average for the price you are paying. The first room my mother was put in had a terrible sulphur smell to it when you first walked in, while my boyfriend's and mine did not. After explaining to the staff that her room had the smell and ours didn't, they were very accommodating and switched her room. However, as I express again I did not really view the rooms as being anything special. They had minimal decorations and ours had a flight of stairs that was deadly to get down after a couple of glasses of wine at night.

The food was also disappointingly just okay. We arrived late to Santorini the first day and just decided to eat at the hotel restaurant because we didn't have a car to get into the center of town with. After sitting down and taking a look at the menu, we expressed to the waiter that my sister was a vegan and if it was possible to change one of the menu options to take off the cheese so she could eat something besides for the table bread. The waiter told us he could not change ONE single thing about any of the dishes, so she had to just eat table bread for the night. I found this to be absolutely ridiculous considering you can see the kitchen from the restaurant and we would have been better off going to ask the kitchen staff ourselves if we could make something in there. Our meals were also disappointing and SO EXPENSIVE. Breakfast was also included but all of us agreed it was not good at all. We ended up eating out the rest of the trip in Santorini (I have amazing recommendations if you need) for HALF the price and MUCH better food.

Like I said, the staff was at least friendly and helpful.

Location was eh. You are in the middle of Oia and Fira so the only way to really do or see anything is by taxi or renting a car.

Overall, I found for the price we paid I would have much rather stayed in Oia or Fira at other accommodations.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel because you get the view of the sunset. Also our room included a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Busto Arsizio, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have been here for 2 weeks. We have been treated beautifully by everyone, starting from the receptionist Iota, followed by the always kind, professional and smiling Efi and Ria at the restaurant and Giorgos at the main pool bar. The service is worth of a 5 star hotel and the general kindness as well, the bonus here is that everybody smiles! The only improvable thing in our opinion could be that the room was beautiful and cosy but a bit small...and it would have been great to have a little more space but the wonderful view from our balcony made us feel like home and waking up every morning with a beautiful caldera view was priceless (and having there the first frappè served at our room (24) right away by Efi in such a timely manner added magic to this potion).We can say that we felt cuddled and we strongly recommend it !
Wish we were there right now!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Roberto_e_Iulia,

What an amazing review! Thank you for taking the time to leave you feedback for Rocabella on TA.

To begin with, I would like to thank you for choosing Rocabella Santorini to spend 2 weeks of your honeymoon!
I assure you that I will thank everyone personally for their effort to make your honeymoon special and memorable!
I would just like to mention that our standard room type is 21-26 sqm. This is noted at our website as well. However, we have bigger rooms and suites if someone chooses a higher category type of accommodation. I apologize though if you felt that the room was small. On the other hand, I am glad that you found it cozy and that you enjoyed the views from its balcony!
We are starting a 2-year plan of renovations in our hotel, so if you choose to stay with us again in the future you will enjoy the new facilities of Rocabella Santorini and our renovated rooms!

We would be delighted to welcome you again in Rocabella!
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly and mention your previous booking with us!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The best hotel in Santorini to see the sunset without stressing yourself in overcrowded cliffs. Friendly staff and wonderful atmosphere overall. The hotel has a few swimming pools, so none of them is crowded. We had actually a small one, just for us at the entrance to the room. The rooms are clean with good air conditioning and pristine bed linen. The view from the room is to die for.

Room Tip: Any room with the sea view is perfect
Dear Sergei S,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

Rocabella offers unobstructed views of the Caldera far away from the crowed cities of Oia and Fira. So, we are glad to know that we share the same opinion on the matter.
Our hotel has 4 pools spread through the whole resort that our guests can relax at and you had a suite with an outdoor Jacuzzi which we are glad to know that you enjoyed!

We would be delighted to see you again in Rocabella on your next romantic vacation in Santorini!

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

WOW....what a fabulous hotel. Great service, the best breakfast, very nice rooms and an awesome locations with forever views. The hotel manager (Savas) has absolutely the best staff who were incredibly attentive and service oriented. If I could import her, I'd bring Ria (restaurant server) to California to join my team! They have a free shuttle into town but are also adjacent to a local bus stop that is easy to use to travel to Fira or Oia.

Great a room on the upper level facing the ocean and the views are outstanding.

When we return to Santorini, we'll stay no place other than the Rocabella!

Room Tip: Stay in an upper room or else the rooms are a little to dark and have lesser views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear bnvnuti,

WOW what an amazing review! Thank you very much for all your amazing comments on Rocabella!

Hospitality is one of the most important aspects of our culture and we try our best to make everybody feel at home in Rocabella.
I assure you that I will thank everyone that you mentioned in your review, for making your stay with us a memorable experience.

We would love to welcome you back in Rocabella! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Savas Vasiliadis
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

First visit to Rocabella, after friends had recommended Rocabella Mykynos (we will be visiting there next)....we were looking to go to Santorini, so without hesitation booked Rocabella. We were excited having looked at previous reviews and the website, but nothing could prepare us for the experience real-life. The photos don't do it justice - you need to visit, and see it first hand....it's breathtaking! We stayed for 8 nights, every night enjoyed the sunset (this hotel has the best, unspoiled, un touristy view!)

All the staff were helpful and friendly and we went on the front of house staff's recommendations of restaurants, car hire and places to see and were not let down by any. The free shuttle into Fira was great - took the hassle out of taxis and buses. On 3 nights we walked up to Immerviogili - a stiff 15-20 min walk, the views take the pain out of the hill - I advise taking a torch as the walk back was a bit dark! The restaurants there are well worth the visit for traditional greek cuisine (Mezzo and Anogi were our favourites) and again, came from recommendations from the hotel.

The hotel restaurant we visited on the first night, and whilst the food was delicious it's not recommended if your looking for traditional greek cuisine - mousakka's, souvalaki's etc - so you def need to explore - but with the free shuttle bus into Fira, the hotel make that easy for anyone.

Finally, recommendation/point to note to the hotel is that they should notify guests when there are weddings - we heard through other hotel guests (who were there for a wedding)/overhearing conversations. Whilst none of the weddings disturbed us (as we had planned to eat out those evenings) and the noise was not too disturbing - if you were planning a quiet evening on your balcony you might have been disappointed.

We will happily be returning to this excellent, beautiful, welcoming hotel.

Room Tip: Room 12 - sea view, private balcony overlooking one pool and next to another (you can hop over the w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Katie P,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for the amazing pictures you posted on TA.

We are extremely glad when we get such positive feedback from our guests about the hotel, our staff and the services we offer.
The free shuttle service to Fira is quite a new addition to Rocabella Santorini and we are happy that you find it convenient.
We never recommend a place we have never been. We believe that if we go somewhere and we are not happy with what this place has to offer we should not suggest it to others. The places that you have been at, are the restaurants and bars we choose to go as well.
Hospitality means a lot to us so when we hear from you that you found our staff friendly and helpful we know that we have reached at least one of our goals.

We will be really honored to welcome you again as our guests in Rocabella.
Please feel free to contact us directly and refer to your previous reservation with us.

Savas.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

There aren't enough superlatives available to explain the service, staff and location of The Rocabella hotel in Santorini. Maria is everything I read about her on this site. She upgraded us to a terrific suite and attended to our every need. My wife had not been back to Europe in almost 30 years and The Rocabella made our visit as memorable as we could have possibly hoped for.
This is where to stay in Santorini, the views of the Aegean Sea, facing west towards Oai and the sunsets have you pinching yourself.. I hope I have the chance to return to the Rocabella and visit all the friends we made. Thank you, Maria, and the entire staff!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Richard T,

Thank you very much for your amazing review!!!

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in Rocabella and the beautiful sunsets that Santorini offers.
Your decision to upgrade ended up being a very good choice. You are a lovely couple and we hope to welcome you again in Rocabella at some point in the future.
We are very glad when some of our guests become part of our "family" and we consider you as such. We are waiting to forward us your pictures with the sunsets you enjoyed and with our staff as well.

I will thank everyone that you mentioned personally for their contribution to make your vacation in Santorini and in Rocabella a bit more memorable.

Hope to see you again soon!

Savas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#11 of 45 in Imerovigli
5.0 of 5 stars 404 reviews
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Astra Suites
Kapari Natural Resort
Kapari Natural Resort
#9 of 45 in Imerovigli
5.0 of 5 stars 290 reviews

Been to Rocabella Santorini Hotel? Share your experiences!