I am just returning from a short stay at Rocabella and am already missing being there. We had a great experience there--from the helpful and eager-to-please staff (especially Maria at the front desk, and the dinner waiter at the restaurant whose name currently escapes me), to the very spacious and stylishly decorated rooms, to the perfect location to view the sunset, to the amazing breakfast, to the lovely pool areas, and the many amenities, we wished we didn't have to leave! We were greeted with sparkling wine upon check in, and learned we had been upgraded to a larger sea front suite (room 3). However, because of a wedding party coming in the next day, we would have to change rooms to another suite. I was blown away by how apologetic and accommodating the hotel staff was about this--they provided us with a bottle of wine and a certificate for two free massages to make up for this inconvenience, which I think is above and beyond satisfactory!
Both rooms we had were way above our expectations. I have stayed in other hotels in Greece (including in santorini) and found that even when spending over $300 the rooms at other hotels tend to be smaller and do not have stylish and modern decor. Both of our rooms at Rocabella were large and decorated with minimalist modern furnishings (white sheets, ghost chairs and lamps, white canvas sofa, etc). Room 3 was slightly more convenient than room 35 since it was right off the main pool and had a separate sitting room. But room 35 was also great since it was quieter and had a huge bathroom.
The hotel restaurant is fantastic. They have an elaborate spread in the mornings that includes a lot of local specialties, homemade baked goods, as well the usual eggs, a variety of Greek yogurts, potatoes, cereals, fruit, cheese, bread, etc. For dinner the dishes were flavorful, unique and artistic in presentation. The waiter was extremely helpful and informative and gave is excellent recommendations. It is definitely worth spending at least one night having dinner at sunset at the hotel restaurant--I found it much more pleasant than competing with the crowds for a glimpse of the sunset at places in oia.
The massage at the spa was wonderful. I often find hotel spa massages to be annoyingly weak (more like someone just rubbing lotion on you), but the massage therapist had a firm touch as I had requested and I found the massage to be very therapeutic after spending the prior 2 days hiking around santorini carrying my heavy bag.
If there is one thing I would have wanted to improve it is the front desk knowledge of the restaurants and bars around town. Whenever we sought recommendations--just basic ones you'd think they would have mastered like what bar in oia to watch the sunset from, what restaurants to go to, how to ride bikes to fira etc--the answers seemed a bit canned and generic. They tended to refer to establishments in advertisements they had around the front desk, despite that they hadn't been to them. They also didn't seem to have mastered knowledge about whether reservations would be needed and how to get to these places (we received conflicting information on how to ride bikes into town so we ended up not bothering). However, our waiter at the hotel restaurant was extremely helpful and had more of a view about restaurants around town seemed very confident in his recommendations and proactively made a reservation for us at a great restaurant our last night.
All in all a fantastic experience and we would definitely go back. It is a great place to stay for couples as well as families. H
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocabella Santorini A memorable stay in Santorini. Discover the hospitality of Rocabella Santorini! On an island of unique beauty begins your experience of an accommodation refined down to the smallest detail! Discover the landscapes, the flavors, the magic of Santorini as afforded by Rocabella Santorini's brand new concept of hospitality. Rocabella Santorini is a spread of 11,000 square meters in the picturesque village of Imerovigli. It overlooks the caldera, the volcano and the surrounding islands and is host to memorable sunsets. A beautiful hotel, it's one of the most popular ones on the island. Here you will experience a new era of hospitality. The pleasant staff of Rocabella Santorini welcomes guests with genuine warmth, making you feel instantly "at home". The hotel offers a range of facilities and services that makes your stay a cherished holiday or an unforgettable honeymoon. Rocabella Santorini initiates the Santorini experience; in the hotel you'll feel the warmth of the Mediterranean sun at one of four swimming pools, you'll feel rejuvenated at the modern gym and refreshed in the exceptional spa. Enjoy the sunset with a glass of local wine or with your favorite cocktail along with regional and Mediterranean delicacies by chef Xenakis Gikas. To add truly romantic touches to your honeymoon, plan your wedding with the help of the experienced wedding planners of Rocabella Santorini. Choose from a variety of Greece's traditional tasty products and find clothes and accessories at the hotel's boutique that have been carefully selected just for the guests of Rocabella Santorini. Rocabella Santorini offers an experience that you will never forget on the most beautiful island in the world, unique Santorini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Escapio, Splendia, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Rocabella Santorini Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites And Spa Santorini
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites & Spa Santorini Hotel Imerovigli
- Rocabella Hotel Santorini
- Rocabella Santorini Hotel Imerovigli, Greece