My partner and I stayed at Rocabella in late October. Despite having been warned of rain approaching, we managed to avoid solid rain and our days were sunny, with storms in the evenings. We had an incredibly sunny week and swam quite happily in the many pools provided.
We booked a superiour room, but Savas kindly upgraded us to a suite when we arrived. We were pleased to note that for a while, there were only two other people staying in the whole hotel, due to the winter season. This is our idea of heaven!
Our room was vast, with plenty of space for luggage and clothes. We also had a living room area with sofa and coffee table, a dining table, coffee and tea making facilities, and a massive bathroom. We were lucky enough to get a huge jacuzzi on our terrace, which became the best part of our holiday. Especially in those brief stormy evenings in the first few days. The bathroom was great, fantastic power shower, and spotlessly clean. Our bed was very comfortable, and the entire room was very homely.
The staff were incredible through the holiday and couldn't help enough. From the wonderful varied breakfasts, to the freshly cooked local cuisine, nothing was too much to ask. The views from Rocabella were incredible and the whole environment is so relaxing, you lose yourself in the romance of the island.
The pool areas are well spaced apart and due to our time of visit, we had our choice of pools, totally to ourselves. A downside to visiting at this time of year is that many restaurants are closed, so you might have to travel a little further afield to find somwhere to eat if you leave the hotel.
The bus stops not far from the hotel and offers cheap trips to Oia with minimum inconvenience. Situated outside of Imervigli, we found the location to be perfect, quiet but not too far out if we wanted to get dinner.
I was terribly upset to leave, and we will definately be visiting again soon. Can't thank the staff enough!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocabella was originally created as its owner’s family summer home, at the most ravishing sunset and Caldera view spot of Santorini Island, right by the volcanic cliff, but without the exhausting up and down steps that other Caldera view hotels usually have. Rocabella was transformed into a 4 star hotel with deluxe Suites and SPA , but still has that “homey” atmosphere: welcoming, inviting, intimate, relaxing, simple and deluxe at the same time … Santorini, this masterpiece of nature, is a result of prehistoric volcanic eruptions combined with ages of native craftsmen building tradition who have turned primitive local materials such as lava stones and volcanic ashes into organic Cycladic forms and smoothly treated surfaces, stony or whitewashed walls, and vaulted ceilings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Rocabella Deluxe Suites & Spa Santorini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites And Spa Santorini
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites & Spa Santorini Hotel Imerovigli
- Rocabella Hotel Santorini
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites & Spa Santorini Imerovigli, Greece