“Great service + Best food + Fantastic view = Most memorable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Save Saved
You added Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel to your Saves list
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Offers & Announcements
Romantic Private Dinner
Ranked #4 of 42 hotels in Imerovigli
“Great service + Best food + Fantastic view = Most memorable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The previous reviews described the wonderful hotel very well. It is a boutique "cave" hotel recently constructed/renovated. Thanks to the great management by Mrs. Ximena Diaz (General Manager) and the staff, the hotel was spotless clean EVERYWHERE, the service was attentive and thoughtful without any intrusiveness, and the food... oh my... the food (including the free breakfast and dinners at the restaurant on site) was among the BEST we have had in three continents: fresh ingredients, healthy yet delicious, elegantly presented without pretense. (As a side note: their breakfast croissants and the sweet treats that came with the daily turn-down service were MUCH better than the bakery items we had in Paris and Munich.)

The hotel restaurant is not open to public. We enjoyed dinners there every night during our stay, twice in a private room reserved for guests and once on the balcony with six other friends, all with the beautiful sunset views of the caldera. We ate lunches outside the hotel because of our daytime explorations but wished we could have had lunches at the hotel.

The hotel staff showed amazing attention to details and willingness to help: spotlessly clean rooms (and even the steps outside), great shower, luxurious bath and shower amenities (Aesop brand), an extremely comfortable bed, a dehumidifier, a quiet air-conditioner in the room, and last, but not the least, very helpful sightseeing advice, tireless help with walking directions and transportation arrangement, thoughtful gestures including a nice, personalized welcome letter and a chocolate cake upon our arrival (for newly weds).

To summarize: The rooms were VERY comfortable, the views memorizing, the service warm and impeccable, the food and drinks delicious. All these made our stay most memorable.

Thank you, Iconic!

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

There really is nothing like this hotel; the amazing location of Santorini with the impressionable views. I really have never seen anything more breathtaking. The staff was very nice, welcoming, and attentive. Don't even get me started about the food, I mean I would be so happy to go to bed because that would mean breakfast was coming soon. The food was fresh and delicious. The rooms are splendid. Just everything about this hotel is absolutely amazing. I am currently having withdrawals from this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We spent 4 unforgettable days in this hotel:
- best view (on the island) to caldera from all the rooms;
- splendid beds!!! Impossible to leave them!;
- great idea to serve you the breakfast on your terrace not matter what time you get up;
- best cuisine on the island (the hotel restaurant was the place where we ate better then in any restaurant we tried in Fira, Imerovigli and Oia for those 4 days; my husband is a french chief cook by the way);
- everything is extremely stylish (including vessels, glasses, staff uniform etc. - refine touch of charming Ximena, the hotel general manager);
- very friendly staff (and beautiful :)).
Very much advised!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing and all of them have a charming view to caldera.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had such a wonderful stay at Iconic, and were so sad when we finally had to go home! The hotel was exquisite, with beautiful views of the caldera. We spent a lot of time lazing on the deck chairs and soaking in the sun, and the hotel staff regularly came round to check if we needed anything to eat/drink. The service was really fantastic and we felt pampered by the staff. The rooms were also cosy and clean, with a very comfortable bed, and great Aesop bath products. Would definitely stay here again if we return to santorini!

Room Tip: We started with the Room I for two nights, which was comfortable and a good size. However, after two...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings from Iconic Santorini,

My sincere thanks for your posting, I am delighted that your stay with us was a most enjoyable one!

It was a pleasure meeting and hosting you in our distinctive boutique cave hotel, I was glad to see you taking full advantage of the serene atmosphere and mesmerizing caldera views. My dedicated team is committed to providing attentive service and going beyond expectation, ensuring that our valued guests can focus on timeless days of relaxation, as such receiving comments like this is extremely motivating to them.

The oversize and all-natural COCO-MAT 4-layer beds were specifically incorporated into our residences to ensure valued guests of Iconic Santorini enjoy a heavenly sleep experience, while the luxurious Aesop bath products are ideal for rejuvenation and pampering.

Thanks again for choosing to spend your vacation in our haven of tranquility, if you return to the island please let us know as it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

My best wishes,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One word describe's our experience at the Iconic ...." Perfection"
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left.
Our room was AMAZING views were STUNNING and the staff were WONDERFUL
We'll be back !!!!!Mark&Lisa

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Good morning from the stunning island of Santorini!

Thank you kindly for the positive and motivating review, your warm words are highly appreciated by the entire Iconic team!

I am truly thrilled that you had a wonderful experience, enjoying the comforts of your residence and the warm Hellenic hospitality of my dedicated staff.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the tranquility of our boutique cave hotel at some point in the future.

Warm wishes!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just had a wonderful holiday , hotel amazing , with helpfull and friendly staff , you wake to breakfast at your own table with beautiful views , lunch is a simple affair by the small but perfect pool and dinner is served on the balcony by candel light , my only advice would be don't take to many cloths and just relaxe and enjoye the hotel and staff .

Tristan Kerr

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Kalispera from Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel!

We are thankful for your kind review and pleased that your holiday was a most enjoyable experience.

Many of our guests agree with you and choose to remain in the hotel for most of their stay on this beautiful island. My dedicated team is always happy to receive feedback that their efforts are appreciated, it is also extremely motivating for our staff to receive praise that their hospitality contributes to wonderful memories for our valued guests.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to share this feedback, it is certainly very much appreciated.

My best wishes!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my first hotel experience where I have been so impressed I have been motivated to write a tripadvisor review!

My husband and I spent a week at Iconic Santorini to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived, we felt truly looked after and every need we had was attentively looked after by passionate and caring staff.

Our room was really beautiful and unique- with sweeping views of the caldera. The hotel surrounds, pool and terrace area were equally impressive. The Iconic chef cooked the most delicious meals- while catering to each and every request. During our one week stay, we only ate outside of the hotel on one occasssion (and it wasn't anywhere near as good as the hotel).

I would honestly recommend this hotel to any traveller wishing to experience a truly luxurious 'cave hotel' greek experience. This hotel is not to be missed! I am already planning my return visit.

Many thanks to Ximena, Christina, Pauline, George, George and Dimitrias! - K & J Valastro

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kalimera from Iconic Santorini,

Let me start by saying how honoured I am that we made such an impression, leading to your first TripAdvisor review!

We are all thrilled that you chose to spend your wedding anniversary in our haven of tranquility and had such a great experience. I have shared your highly motivating comments with my dedicated staff who give their all each day for the benefit of our valued guests. The feedback and praise of your assigned residence and the hotel's public areas are much appreciated, as are the compliments regarding the freshly prepared, authentic Greek-inspired dishes of Chef Kostas and his team.

It was an absolute pleasure having you both spend a week with us, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable and timeless experience!

Warmest wishes,

Ximena Diaz

Been to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel? Share your experiences!