“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Save Saved
You added Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel to your Saves list
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Offers & Announcements
Romantic Private Dinner
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Imerovigli
Los Angeles, California
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

There really is nothing like this hotel; the amazing location of Santorini with the impressionable views. I really have never seen anything more breathtaking. The staff was very nice, welcoming, and attentive. Don't even get me started about the food, I mean I would be so happy to go to bed because that would mean breakfast was coming soon. The food was fresh and delicious. The rooms are splendid. Just everything about this hotel is absolutely amazing. I am currently having withdrawals from this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Kalispera from Iconic Santorini!

I would like to thank you for the lovely feedback following your stay in our haven of tranquility.

My dedicated team is here to provide unforgettable moments and we are all very pleased to hear that you have returned home with some wonderful lasting memories of our distinctive boutique cave hotel.

Chef Kostas was happy to receive the compliments regarding his cooking and is always happy to see valued guests taking pleasure from his freshly-prepared creations.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the island in the future, rest assured we will take care of your withdrawals and provide you with yet another timeless experience.

With warm wishes!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent 4 unforgettable days in this hotel:
- best view (on the island) to caldera from all the rooms;
- splendid beds!!! Impossible to leave them!;
- great idea to serve you the breakfast on your terrace not matter what time you get up;
- best cuisine on the island (the hotel restaurant was the place where we ate better then in any restaurant we tried in Fira, Imerovigli and Oia for those 4 days; my husband is a french chief cook by the way);
- everything is extremely stylish (including vessels, glasses, staff uniform etc. - refine touch of charming Ximena, the hotel general manager);
- very friendly staff (and beautiful :)).
Very much advised!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing and all of them have a charming view to caldera.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kalimera from the village of Imerovigli!

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate your experience following a stay in our boutique cave hotel!

I was pleased to share your comments with my committed team, who appreciate the kind feedback as their primary goal is to exceed all expectations of our valued guests.

It gives me great pleasure that you enjoyed the sublime sleep experience which our all-natural, 4-layer COCO-MAT bedding provides, as well as our delightful daily breakfast. Thank you in addition for the great compliment regarding the inspired culinary creations of our talented local island chef, who takes great pride to source the very best ingredients and products for his delicious daily offerings.

Having you stay with us with a true pleasure and I certainly hope to see you back at Iconic Santorini at some point in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had such a wonderful stay at Iconic, and were so sad when we finally had to go home! The hotel was exquisite, with beautiful views of the caldera. We spent a lot of time lazing on the deck chairs and soaking in the sun, and the hotel staff regularly came round to check if we needed anything to eat/drink. The service was really fantastic and we felt pampered by the staff. The rooms were also cosy and clean, with a very comfortable bed, and great Aesop bath products. Would definitely stay here again if we return to santorini!

Room Tip: We started with the Room I for two nights, which was comfortable and a good size. However, after two...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Greetings from Iconic Santorini,

My sincere thanks for your posting, I am delighted that your stay with us was a most enjoyable one!

It was a pleasure meeting and hosting you in our distinctive boutique cave hotel, I was glad to see you taking full advantage of the serene atmosphere and mesmerizing caldera views. My dedicated team is committed to providing attentive service and going beyond expectation, ensuring that our valued guests can focus on timeless days of relaxation, as such receiving comments like this is extremely motivating to them.

The oversize and all-natural COCO-MAT 4-layer beds were specifically incorporated into our residences to ensure valued guests of Iconic Santorini enjoy a heavenly sleep experience, while the luxurious Aesop bath products are ideal for rejuvenation and pampering.

Thanks again for choosing to spend your vacation in our haven of tranquility, if you return to the island please let us know as it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

One word describe's our experience at the Iconic ...." Perfection"
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left.
Our room was AMAZING views were STUNNING and the staff were WONDERFUL
We'll be back !!!!!Mark&Lisa

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Good morning from the stunning island of Santorini!

Thank you kindly for the positive and motivating review, your warm words are highly appreciated by the entire Iconic team!

I am truly thrilled that you had a wonderful experience, enjoying the comforts of your residence and the warm Hellenic hospitality of my dedicated staff.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the tranquility of our boutique cave hotel at some point in the future.

Warm wishes!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just had a wonderful holiday , hotel amazing , with helpfull and friendly staff , you wake to breakfast at your own table with beautiful views , lunch is a simple affair by the small but perfect pool and dinner is served on the balcony by candel light , my only advice would be don't take to many cloths and just relaxe and enjoye the hotel and staff .

Tristan Kerr

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Kalispera from Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel!

We are thankful for your kind review and pleased that your holiday was a most enjoyable experience.

Many of our guests agree with you and choose to remain in the hotel for most of their stay on this beautiful island. My dedicated team is always happy to receive feedback that their efforts are appreciated, it is also extremely motivating for our staff to receive praise that their hospitality contributes to wonderful memories for our valued guests.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to share this feedback, it is certainly very much appreciated.

My best wishes!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is my first hotel experience where I have been so impressed I have been motivated to write a tripadvisor review!

My husband and I spent a week at Iconic Santorini to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived, we felt truly looked after and every need we had was attentively looked after by passionate and caring staff.

Our room was really beautiful and unique- with sweeping views of the caldera. The hotel surrounds, pool and terrace area were equally impressive. The Iconic chef cooked the most delicious meals- while catering to each and every request. During our one week stay, we only ate outside of the hotel on one occasssion (and it wasn't anywhere near as good as the hotel).

I would honestly recommend this hotel to any traveller wishing to experience a truly luxurious 'cave hotel' greek experience. This hotel is not to be missed! I am already planning my return visit.

Many thanks to Ximena, Christina, Pauline, George, George and Dimitrias! - K & J Valastro

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Kalimera from Iconic Santorini,

Let me start by saying how honoured I am that we made such an impression, leading to your first TripAdvisor review!

We are all thrilled that you chose to spend your wedding anniversary in our haven of tranquility and had such a great experience. I have shared your highly motivating comments with my dedicated staff who give their all each day for the benefit of our valued guests. The feedback and praise of your assigned residence and the hotel's public areas are much appreciated, as are the compliments regarding the freshly prepared, authentic Greek-inspired dishes of Chef Kostas and his team.

It was an absolute pleasure having you both spend a week with us, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable and timeless experience!

Warmest wishes,

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I did enjoy our staying at Iconic Santorini. Everything was in place to make it a wonderful experience: the natural beauty, the luxury, the courtesy of all the staff. Ximena and Pauline arranged everything with care and dedication, also reserving for us the best restaurant in the island (fully interpreting our wishes).
As our boat to Rhodes would not leave until midnight we were offered to stay in the hotel until late (essentially an extra day at no extra price).
In summary, when looking back, we can only use one word to describe our vacation at Iconic Santorini: “perfect”. We will go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Santorini!

Thank you for posting these kind comments following your stay at our boutique cave hotel.

I am pleased that you were able to relax while enjoying the warm Hellenic hospitality and amenities of the property. The staff give their best each day to exceed the expectations of our valued guests and my team was very pleased to hear that you had a memorable vacation.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Iconic Santorini in the future!

Ximena Diaz

Been to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel? Share your experiences!