“A very memorable stay at Iconic Santorini” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

You added Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel to your Saves list
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli, Imerovigli 847 00, Greece   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Imerovigli
Sydney, Australia
“A very memorable stay at Iconic Santorini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is my first hotel experience where I have been so impressed I have been motivated to write a tripadvisor review!

My husband and I spent a week at Iconic Santorini to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived, we felt truly looked after and every need we had was attentively looked after by passionate and caring staff.

Our room was really beautiful and unique- with sweeping views of the caldera. The hotel surrounds, pool and terrace area were equally impressive. The Iconic chef cooked the most delicious meals- while catering to each and every request. During our one week stay, we only ate outside of the hotel on one occasssion (and it wasn't anywhere near as good as the hotel).

I would honestly recommend this hotel to any traveller wishing to experience a truly luxurious 'cave hotel' greek experience. This hotel is not to be missed! I am already planning my return visit.

Many thanks to Ximena, Christina, Pauline, George, George and Dimitrias! - K & J Valastro

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Kalimera from Iconic Santorini,

Let me start by saying how honoured I am that we made such an impression, leading to your first TripAdvisor review!

We are all thrilled that you chose to spend your wedding anniversary in our haven of tranquility and had such a great experience. I have shared your highly motivating comments with my dedicated staff who give their all each day for the benefit of our valued guests. The feedback and praise of your assigned residence and the hotel's public areas are much appreciated, as are the compliments regarding the freshly prepared, authentic Greek-inspired dishes of Chef Kostas and his team.

It was an absolute pleasure having you both spend a week with us, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable and timeless experience!

Warmest wishes,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I did enjoy our staying at Iconic Santorini. Everything was in place to make it a wonderful experience: the natural beauty, the luxury, the courtesy of all the staff. Ximena and Pauline arranged everything with care and dedication, also reserving for us the best restaurant in the island (fully interpreting our wishes).
As our boat to Rhodes would not leave until midnight we were offered to stay in the hotel until late (essentially an extra day at no extra price).
In summary, when looking back, we can only use one word to describe our vacation at Iconic Santorini: “perfect”. We will go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Santorini!

Thank you for posting these kind comments following your stay at our boutique cave hotel.

I am pleased that you were able to relax while enjoying the warm Hellenic hospitality and amenities of the property. The staff give their best each day to exceed the expectations of our valued guests and my team was very pleased to hear that you had a memorable vacation.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Iconic Santorini in the future!

My best wishes,

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

From the pre-arrival emails to being greeted by the Director Ms. Diaz at the charming lobby, we felt like we were staying with friends. Friends with a house with an incredible location and view. Friends that understood we needed privacy, Coco-mat beds, fluffy towels, cool sheets, the freshest food, breakfast on the private terrace, thoughtful touches and personal engagement. This place is my definition of luxury: privacy, stunning views, all expectations met, worries have melted, and finding peace.

Room Tip: There are many different room styles. Some with private pools, some with interior stairs in this 22...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good afternoon from Iconic Santorini,

I wish to express my thanks for your wonderful review!

It was a pleasure reading your comments, the residential family feeling you experienced is exactly the atmosphere we strive to create for our valued guests, along with attentive and warm Hellenic hospitality. The COCO-MAT 4-layer bedding program continues to receive the highest praise and along with the various amenities, services, and the fresh culinary creations of Chef Kostas, we are really pleased you were able to fully enjoy some peaceful days of relaxation and utmost privacy.

Thank you once again for the warm feedback and all the very best from the whole Iconic team!

Best wishes,

Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

From the moment we are arrived at Iconic Santorini Hotel we were all mesmerised by the jaw dropping view. The hotel is situated on a cliff 1500ft above sea level looking over the Caldera and sea. There were 6 of us in our party and we have all travelled extensively and visited beautiful places and stayed in some of the best hotels in the world. I only mention this to give the reader a point of reference from which I say that this beautiful boutique hotel is one of the loveliest places I have ever stayed. The staff were all incredibly kind and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were so comfortable with all up to date amenities like flat screen TV's and wireless included in rate. Beds most luxuriously comfortable,rooms and whole hotel area kept immaculate,relaxing atmosphere and private space to ourselves, good food, lovely salt water pool, and the view always amazing. The moon seemed to sit like a lantern above us...

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are lovely and have incredible views and a private seating outside area with sun beds...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kalimera from the stunning village of Imerovigli,

Your kind and motivating review is sincerely appreciated by the entire Iconic team!

I was delighted to read that you rate our distinctive boutique cave hotel among the best properties that you have ever visited. My dedicated staff and I were also pleased to receive the feedback that you had a most enjoyable and relaxing stay with us, making the most of your residence as well as the hotel’s services and amenities, not forgetting the delicious offerings of our inspired local chef. The views are indeed mesmerizing from our haven of tranquility and our valued guests continue to be mesmerized throughout their stays, from arrival to departure.

Thank you for choosing Iconic Santorini and I look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to this beautiful island in the future.

With warm wishes!

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stunning views

Most comfortable bed on earth

Lovely breakfast outside balcony

Gorgeous food

Very friendly and helpful staff

Rooms clean, white, modern with a hint of Greek.

15 min drive from airport

5 min drive from Fira town or long walk.

Lots of stairs to go up and down but you are on the edge of a cliff!

We stayed in deluxe rooms N which is on same floor as restaurant and pool with beautiful caldera views!

You won't regret your stay!!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Greetings from Iconic Santorini!

I would like to express my sincere thanks for posting your review.

Reading your comments is extremely rewarding for my staff, diligently going about their duties each day to provide special and memorable moments for our valued guests. I am pleased you enjoyed the accommodations and exceptional sleep experience of the COCO-MAT 4-layer bedding program, as well as the delicious cuisine served by our inspired and creative chefs.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to share this motivating feedback and I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable experience!

With warm wishes,

Staines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

It's unusual to agree wholeheartedly with reviews but we, on this occasion, do so therefore little point in reiterating the comments! This is the first five star hotel that we have stayed in where we have felt that we were at home. This was mainly due to the incredible emotional intelligence of the management and staff, in particular Dimitris. We soon learned there was very little point in going out to eat as the quality of the food in the hotel was not only excellent but very reasonably and competitively priced. We did not want to leave.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello from beautiful Santorini!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this kind feedback following your stay at our boutique cave hotel.

The entire team at Iconic Santorini is proud to receive such positive comments as we really strive to exceed the expectations of each and every valued guest. I am pleased that you enjoyed our freshly prepared Santorini dishes created by Chef Kostas, who takes pride using the very best local produce and quality ingredients.

Dimitris sends his warm regards and we hope to welcome you back to our haven of tranquility in the not-too-distant future.

With best wishes,

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed one week at Iconic Santorini and will never forget our stay at this outstanding hotel! Fortunately we had booked a Caldera Suite with a stunning view over the caldera rim from the very front row at both our breakfast table and the heated outdoor pool (!). The lovely cave suites are spacious and well equipped (incl wifi access) and perfectly clean.

Overall, attention is paid to every little detail: little flowers in the room, fresh cake in the afternoon, candles outside the room at night. The staff was always nice and very obliging and took care of all our wishes and requests. The assistance managed everything - from our transportation from/to the airport to recommending and booking of restaurants and potential activities on the island, etc.

We very much enjoyed our stay at Iconic Santorini and undoubtedly recommend it to anyone looking for an unforgettable experience close to paradise! Thank you very much Christine, Panagiota, Pauline, Ioanna, Dimitris, George and all the others that we didn't mention here for the most enjoyable and relaxing holidays we've ever had!

N&A from Germany

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room in the very front row incl an outdoor pool!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Good afternoon from Santorini!

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your motivating review and warm words.

The complete satisfaction of our valued guests is what we strive for each day so your posting is truly appreciated by the whole Iconic team. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant stay in one of our all-new Caldera Suites with a heated and jetted pool on the private terrace.

It gave me great pleasure sharing your positive feedback with my dedicated staff in Guest Services, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance. The specific members you mentioned all send their best wishes and hope to see you back at Iconic Santorini in the future.

Once again, thank you very much and my best regards!

Ximena Diaz

Been to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel? Share your experiences!