“Emotional intelligence in abundance!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Save Saved
You added Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel to your Saves list
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Offers & Announcements
Romantic Private Dinner
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Imerovigli
Staines
“Emotional intelligence in abundance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

It's unusual to agree wholeheartedly with reviews but we, on this occasion, do so therefore little point in reiterating the comments! This is the first five star hotel that we have stayed in where we have felt that we were at home. This was mainly due to the incredible emotional intelligence of the management and staff, in particular Dimitris. We soon learned there was very little point in going out to eat as the quality of the food in the hotel was not only excellent but very reasonably and competitively priced. We did not want to leave.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello from beautiful Santorini!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this kind feedback following your stay at our boutique cave hotel.

The entire team at Iconic Santorini is proud to receive such positive comments as we really strive to exceed the expectations of each and every valued guest. I am pleased that you enjoyed our freshly prepared Santorini dishes created by Chef Kostas, who takes pride using the very best local produce and quality ingredients.

Dimitris sends his warm regards and we hope to welcome you back to our haven of tranquility in the not-too-distant future.

With best wishes,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed one week at Iconic Santorini and will never forget our stay at this outstanding hotel! Fortunately we had booked a Caldera Suite with a stunning view over the caldera rim from the very front row at both our breakfast table and the heated outdoor pool (!). The lovely cave suites are spacious and well equipped (incl wifi access) and perfectly clean.

Overall, attention is paid to every little detail: little flowers in the room, fresh cake in the afternoon, candles outside the room at night. The staff was always nice and very obliging and took care of all our wishes and requests. The assistance managed everything - from our transportation from/to the airport to recommending and booking of restaurants and potential activities on the island, etc.

We very much enjoyed our stay at Iconic Santorini and undoubtedly recommend it to anyone looking for an unforgettable experience close to paradise! Thank you very much Christine, Panagiota, Pauline, Ioanna, Dimitris, George and all the others that we didn't mention here for the most enjoyable and relaxing holidays we've ever had!

N&A from Germany

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room in the very front row incl an outdoor pool!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Good afternoon from Santorini!

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your motivating review and warm words.

The complete satisfaction of our valued guests is what we strive for each day so your posting is truly appreciated by the whole Iconic team. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant stay in one of our all-new Caldera Suites with a heated and jetted pool on the private terrace.

It gave me great pleasure sharing your positive feedback with my dedicated staff in Guest Services, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance. The specific members you mentioned all send their best wishes and hope to see you back at Iconic Santorini in the future.

Once again, thank you very much and my best regards!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I went there 2 weeks ago for our honeymoon. Let me just say that the hotel and the staff made it an unforgettable experience and made our honeymoon that more special.
rooms were very cozy and well designed and the beds and sleep quality were excellent. I really never felt myself leave home due to the staff attentiveness, friendliness and helpfulness. On our second day there was a storm and to my surprise i get a call from reception asking about my plans for the night so that they can save us a table for dinner if we were staying in...big kudos for that. Had a couple massage as well which was perfect as well.

amazing venue, amazing service, lovely staff....will recommend it to anyone heading to santorini.

will definitely be back again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kalimera from the beautiful village of Imerovigli,

Thank you for the kind review posted, it was a true pleasure hosting you at our boutique cave hotel in celebration of your Honeymoon.

I am very pleased that you were able to unwind and relax in your assigned residence and enjoyed the blissful sleep experience of the all-natural COCO-MAT 4-layer oversize bedding. The team and I are committed to providing genuine Hellenic service and being attentive to the preferences of our valued guests, so reading your compliment regarding our services and proactive steps is indeed motivating to us.

It was wonderful to meet you and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to Iconic Santorini to mark one of your future anniversaries.

My best wishes!

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have had the great fortune to have traveled the world (London, Bangkok, Singapore, Argentina, China, etc...) and this was, by far, the greatest hotel experience of my life. The views from our room were breathtaking. The staff was so friendly, attentive and helpful. They made us feel like part of the family. The rooms were elegant, clean, spacious, fully equipped including wifi which kept me in contact with my business affairs. The food at the hotel was the best we had in Greece which is saying a lot because Greece offers such wonderful culinary options. I can’t say enough good things about this hotel, it’s staff, location and quality. We can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Greetings from Iconic Santorini, boutique cave hotel!

Thank you very much for your kind review and sharing such positive feedback following your stay in our haven of tranquility.

Receiving wonderful comments like this is very rewarding for my entire dedicated team and I am extremely proud of their consistent efforts in striving for service excellence. I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable in the assigned residence and your compliment about the quality of the hotel's cuisine is most appreciated by Chef Kostas.

Again, many thanks for your warm words and I am looking forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to beautiful Santorini in the future!

My best wishes,

Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Iconic Santorini last week for 6 nights and we couldn’t be happier with our holidays! The weather was wonderful, the hotel is absolutely beautiful, the views are stunning and the staff is extremely nice and attentive to your every needs!

I sent a few e-mails beforehand, asking about some touristic information about Santorini, and immediately got a reply from Guest service with a list of different activities we could do and also offering their assistance to manage everything, from our transportation from the airport to doing all the bookings for the activities etc.

We were welcomed at the hotel with a glass of Vinsanto, very delicious Santorini sweet wine,and from that point on all the staff was extremely nice and attentive to all our requests. We booked a Doble Deluxe room, and on the second day we wanted to upgraded to a room with the pool on the terrace, totally worth it, and we were offered a very nice discount! Breakfast, and any other meal we chose to have, was served in our own private terrace with spectacular views to the Caldera! Soft drinks and water was complementary!

I’d say the only less positive aspect is the lack of in-room dining, and also they don’t serve any food after 22h.

I would most definitely go back and recommend it to anyone that wants to have a holiday in paradise!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Kalispera from the beautiful village of Imerovigli!

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share these wonderful comments regarding your stay at our delightful boutique cave hotel.

Reading your feedback is extremely motivating and I had the pleasure of sharing this with my team who give their best each day for the complete enjoyment our valued guests. I am happy that you had a great stay in one of our cave residences and that you are already looking forward to your next visit, I would love to welcome you back to our special property.

Many thanks once again and warm wishes!

Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

As a lifelong hotelier & restauranteur , I am very "picky" when I start throwing compliments around about a hotel experience. Well, the Iconic Santorini scores a 100 with me! Never have I seen an attention to detail both of the hotel appointments and a truly wonderful staff. The guest rooms & baths were very well designed with the guest's needs in mind. For our first night's dinner at the hotel, the staff brought the menu board up to our terrace and explained that evening's offerings. (Never seen that before). Whenever I asked a question about a menu or a hotel service, it was always "whatever you want". When I needed a 220V heating pad for my neck, they went to Fira and got one! And, talk about relaxing, our afternoons at the pool were total relaxation with the greatest view one can imagine. Oh, did I mention the food? Every detail was so well thought out. The hotel's "take" on the local cuisine was better than anything we found at the better restaurants in Oia and Fira, two towns on the island. Even the marmalade is made from scratch by the chef. We later moved on to Mykonos, but will always remember the Iconic Santorini with the best memories. We will be back - many times Do yourself a favor - you gotta go there!

Room Tip: If you have a problem with a lot of steps, just ask the reservationist for a higher room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Good afternoon from Iconic Santorini,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for posting this wonderful feedback!

The entire Iconic team was thrilled to hear such positively motivating comments coming from a respected industry professional. I have every pride leading my committed and passionate staff, consistently doing their utmost to efficiently attend to the needs of our valued guests each day.

I am delighted that you were able to make the most of our facilities to rejuvenate and your appreciation of the always freshly prepared local Santorinian dishes of our talented Chef Kostas, keeps him inspired in the kitchen.

Creating unforgettable moments of magic is what we all strive for on a daily basis so we are all very pleased that this is the feeling you have after leaving our haven of tranquility. I do look forward to having an opportunity of welcoming you back to Iconic Santorini in the future, where you can look forward to another timeless experience.

Thanks again and my warmest wishes!

Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is more than a luxury hotel. It is a total immersion in relaxation. The staff is superb. Each person on the staff goes out of their way to see that every wish is gratified. The rooms are caves with gorgeous bathrooms with windows in the shower that view over the caldera. The breakfast is on demand with whatever you want, salmon, eggs benedict, greek yoghurt with Cretan honey and incredible baked goods. Add the superb greek latte and your day is set. Beakfast is served on your own terrace which contains your sun lounges also.
There is a taverna-pool restaurant and a separate restaurant as well as a private dining room. The food is perfection and the most reasonably priced that we found on the island. My favorite? An individual moussaka in an earthenware pot.
The pool has water falls and a jetted section....all over looking the caldera. There are only 30 taxis on the island but the Iconic has two brothers who answer immediately to whisk you to OIA or FIRA.
This is the hotel experience that all others will be compared to......more like staying at a wealthy friends villa (one with an extensive staff!) We will be back

Room Tip: If you have any ambulatory issues, ask for a room on the restaurant level.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from sunny Santorini!

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback following your stay at Iconic Santorini!

I was thrilled to share your comments with my dedicated team, which motivates them to continue striving for service excellence. We are pleased that you enjoyed our delightful daily breakfast and meals at the property, we pride ourselves in serving delicious food crafted using authentic local recipes and the freshest produce. The residential feeling you spoke about is exactly what the team and I work towards each and every day, so it is great to hear this is the atmosphere you experienced.

Once again thanks very much for your kind review and we are happy that you had a most enjoyable stay at our haven of tranquility.

My very best wishes!

Ximena Diaz

Been to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel? Share your experiences!