“Just perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

You added Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel to your Saves list
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Imerovigli
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to the Iconic hotel to spend our honeymoon in Santorini, we had a long trip from mykonos and we were exhausted! The staff at the hotel greeted and welcomed us very warmly, they were charming,and provided us with a very delightful wine!!Even though I have already heard about the view yet once we actually have seen it, we felt it was breath taking! The room was very nice, it has a unique traditional Greek style in a very modern way! I can't talk about the room without talking about the bed, it's definitely bigger than a king size and it gives you the urge to jump into it! Every room has its own private patio where you could enjoy the view or have your morning breakfast! the breakfast was sooo tasty particularly the fresh juice first thing in the morning! The staff used to leave us interesting treats every afternoon! The personel was very professional, friendly and always provided us with helpful tips to try local restaurants! We felt pampered all the time!!The overall experience in Iconic was wonderful, everything exceeded our expectations and we were very pleased with every bit of our honeymoon! It will definitely be of the memorable moments of our life!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Greetings from the beautiful and romantic Island of Santorini!

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your honeymoon at Iconic Santorini and secondly, taking the time to share such wonderful feedback following your stay.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the residence, including the comfort of the oversize COCOMAT bed, personal terrace overlooking the caldera and volcano, and the quality of the food and drinks. It is always rewarding for me to be able to share positive comments with the team regarding the services offered and I was pleased to do so once again after receiving your kind review. It is our sincere desire to provide memorable experiences to our valued guests and we were delighted to afford you with some experiences to cherish.

It really was a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to a future opportunity of welcoming you back to enjoy more of our Hellenic hospitality and services - hopefully for your first anniversary.

With best wishes,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I arrived to the Iconic Santorini with high expectations and it exceeded them all! As an island, Santorini offers a wow-factor, but this hotel makes it that much more. The hotel is perfectly located offering amazing views The rooms offer an authentic Greek style, with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The bed is so big, the mattress is soo comfortable, and the sheets and down comforter just swallow you in. Probably the best sleep I have ever gotten! We had a small pool in our cave room which really made it extraordinary. Every night we would head back and have a tasty treat accompanied by a famous quote of Aesop, the Greek philosopher. The amenities are Aesop (my favorite).
Breakfast is served either at the pool area or at your own private deck area, your choice. Breakfast was really excellent and the staff was so accomodating to our wants/needs. During the day the staff is constantly offering free beverages. They are really nice and always smiling.
One of the best experiences in my life, if not theee best!! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Greetings from the beautiful island of Santorini!

Thank you very much for sharing these lovely comments following the experiences during your recent stay at Iconic Santorini.

The feedback of our valued guests is sincerely appreciated and your complete satisfaction with our property's accommodation and services is indeed an incredible motivating tool for the entire team. I am pleased to hear the Grotto Suite was to your liking and that you enjoyed the extremely comfortable, oversize COCOMAT bed in addition to the private grotto pool. We take utmost pleasure in providing complimentary food and beverage amenities to our guests each day, allowing them to fully appreciate the hotel's tranquility, while sampling local culinary delights and authentic Greek hospitality.

Thank you once again for your stay and the wonderful feedback. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Iconic Santorini in the near future, in order to exceed your expectations and provide you with more memorable moments to cherish!

With warm regards,

Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at the Iconic Santorini in early July, 2013, a very special experience we will not forget due to the many factors that rose so high on the "perfection" scale.

There are a few key elements that I feel play a significant role in the definition of a luxury hotel.

1. Setting - Set on the highest point of Imerovigli, I enjoyed dramatic views of the caldera from any point of the hotel. Guests can expect to be hypnotised every morning. At one point I found I had been staring into shades of blue for more than an hour. They describe "a timeless experience". I can now appreciate this concept.

2. Intimacy - When it comes to luxury, small and intimate are key attributes. Iconic has achieved this on every level. The accommodation is divided into various categories, each with their own character. All areas are planned to maintain privacy when needed, yet allowing for delightful little conversations when meandering about the property.
The hotel also carries a residential atmosphere, bringing about that "at home" feeling in an exotic location.

3. Service - The exceptional service was one of the highlights of my stay. Personable staff offered their own "blend" on various subjects, ensuring my experience unique. I have a soft spot for true characters so it is sad many other hotels don't seem to have staff whose personalities shine. People are key.

4. Details - The rooms are beautiful. I would describe them as "delicate", each telling its own story. The hotel has tried to keep with the heritage of the original property and one can find pieces everywhere that tell something about its past. Each cave room boasts a private patio where guests can soak up the glorious Greek sun, whilst enjoying a cocktail or two overlooking the caldera. The beds are such, that when I lay my head down I literally woke up the next morning. The first time I thought it was the jet-lag but the same happened every night thereafter for the next five nights. Straight to sleep and waking feeling so good. Massive COCO-MAT beds and fluffy cloud bedding = dream slumber.

Overall, I loved every minute of my stay and I will be back for more. I highly recommend Iconic to anyone looking to stay in Santorini. It is not often that a hotel gets every area this spot on.

Room Tip: Stay in the Iconic Suite if you can!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Greetings from Iconic Santorini,

Firstly, I would like to express my sincere thanks for the time taken to post such positive and motivating feedback.

It really was a delight and pleasure to have the opportunity in welcoming you as our first guests of the all new Iconic Santorini. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in one of our beautiful cave residences, while appreciating the property's tranquility, services, and dramatic caldera views.

We place utmost importance in creating memorable and timeless experiences, so receiving such high praise is extremely motivating for both myself and the entire team. I was extremely proud to share your feedback with my dedicated staff who give their best each day in providing sincere Hellenic hospitality to our valued guests.

Thank you once again for the wonderful review and warm words of encouragement, I do look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to Iconic Santorini in the near future.

With warm regards!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to Santorini without any hotel reservations. We heard from a local that the Iconic was the best place to stay so that's what we did. It is a bit pricey, but I've never felt more happy about spending the money. The hotel has one of the best views on the island! (We know because we walked the path that takes you through all of the resorts.) The rooms are amazing and the beds are all custom made and larger than a King! Above all else, the staff here was better than most places I've visited in the world. We were constantly greeted by multiple staff members, given free non-alcoholic beverages all day long, and complimentary traditional Greek treats throughout the day. This place ranks as my top 2 hotels I've stayed at! I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings from Iconic Santorini,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback following your stay at our all new boutique cave hotel!

I was delighted and honoured to read that you rank Iconic Santorini among the best properties you have visited around the world. Your kind words have been shared with our dedicated staff whose goal is to not only meet the expectations of our valued guests, but continue aiming higher to exceed them even further.

Thank you once again for your stay and I do look forward to welcoming you back to our residences in the near future, affording us another opportunity to provide you with timeless days and sincere Greek hospitality.

With best wishes!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last October and throughly enjoyed our visit. We had a super room that incorporated an indoor pool. The pool itself was not very large but did have jacuzzi jets incorporated within it. We were able to take a dip, if not a very energetic swim every morning before breakfast. The breakfast was served on our terrace and was very good. The menu was provided the night before and the food that we chose was brought down to us at the appointed time. The hotel itself is situated on the cliff side and this does mean that there are a lot of steps up and down from the rooms to reception and out onto the main thoroughfare above the hotel. The distance from Icons to Fira is easily walkable and is a pleasure as the path runs along the cliff. There are several very nice eateries on this path. One evening we dined in the hotel and we were given the private dining room in which to have our meal. The food was delicious although pricy inline with the cost of the hotel. We have been to Santorini several times before but the combination of the Island, this hotel and the local people will ensure that we return. I can recommend Iconic, Santorini to anyone who enjoys gentle exercise and fabulous views!

Room Tip: If you have trouble with steps ensure that you have a room as near the reception of the hotel as pos...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Greetings from Iconic Santorini,

Thank you very much for your review, we were glad to hear that you had a great time at the former hotel property. We wanted to provide you with the information that the former Icons Hotel was sold and operations came to an end in February of this year. A major renovation was then carried out in all rooms and suites, as well as public areas, and the property was reopened in July as Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel. New features include individual wifi routers in every room, COCO-MAT beds, Aesop amenities and all new furnishings.

The Grotto Suites are still popular due to the generous interior space, not forgetting the heated and jetted indoor pools. The rates are inclusive of our delightful breakfast which is served to the rooms and suites by attentive servers. Our talented chef sources the finest local ingredients for use in his authentic Greek dishes and we are pleased to advise that we have priced our menus reasonably for our valued guests. In addition, hotel guests can enjoy complimentary non-alcoholic beverages as well as freshly prepared snacks, elegantly served around the pool on a daily basis.

We look forward to having an opportunity to welcome you to the all new Iconic Santorini where we will do our utmost to ensure your expectations are greatly surpassed, allowing you to relax and take full advantage of timeless days while we provide our warm, personalized service.

With best wishes!

Ximena Diaz

Been to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel? Share your experiences!