“Wonderful stay with an attentive staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
VALUE DEAL !
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Imerovigli
Tokyo, Japan
“Wonderful stay with an attentive staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I are experienced travelers who are very versed of the nuances of European travel.
Aeolus suites is strategically located (Imerovigli village) over the Calder's which offers stunning views of the cliffs,beautiful blue dome homes on cliffs and the activity of the ships and ferris traversing in and out of the Caldera water way.
The staff and owner of Aeolos are Superb, attentive, responsive and very friendly. Aeolus is located between The villages of Fira and Oia (heavy tourist location) However, Fira is within walking distance of many fine restaurants, souvenirs shops and the cable car that leads to the cruise ship embarkation point. Oia can be reached by car or rental bike for a lovely sunset and stroll through the picturious Village.
If you are seeking a quiet comfortable location to read, relax and enjoy intimacy with your love one but within walking distance of activities this is the place for you.
As a caveat, the stairs are steep and I would not advise you to cook in the one hot plate/ kitchen area.
Cheers: RM

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed in the honeymoon suite. The view is amazing, its a non obstructed view of the sea and the volcano. We also had a hot tub in our private balcony which was very romantic ! They gave us a bottle of wine and cocktails when we arrived.
The room was at the highest point of the hotel. Apart from the view, the room itself was on the small size considering the price. The bathroom was way smaller than expected, my husband is over 6ft and he had trouble taking showers in there. I wouldn't recommend this room to people who are medium to heavy built. I'm really picky with bathrooms and I was disappointed that it wasn't spacious like the pictures on their website. The breakfast service was five stars, you can give them a call between 8 and 11am for breakfast service and they bring it up to your room and place it on the balcony with tablecloth and small flowers. They served greek yogourt, boiled eggs, grilled cheese sandwich, cake, coffee, bread,etc. There was little variety with the breakfast but we loved it anyway.
I would suggest for the hotel to have a 24hr emergency contact for emergencies at night. We had an incident that happened at night where we could not reach anyone. however the next morning once we talked to the owner about it, he right away refunded us which was not expected but appreciated.
Imerovigli is a very quiet town, 20mins walk from Fira. I would recommend this hotel to couples but not to seniors, as there as many stairs in the hotel. Although I did see some seniors. The pools were all deep and did not seem inviting. They could definitely do something about the decor in the hotel and upgrade the rooms and the pools. I would rate this a 3 star but the view and breakfast deserved atleast 4 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very professional. Owner provided excellent suggestions regarding beaches and restaurants. Rooms and view were awesome! Nice pool but be careful it's deep there's no shallow end. Only issue was several cats around property in late evening. Just up from hotel are several good restaurants and grocery stores. If your not in good shape stairs to hotel could be issue but if that's the case Santorini may not be for you. Hotel is a little walk from main transportation drop off. We had the Suite that comfortably slept two couples, each having their own full bath with jacuzzi. One flat screen tv per suite but limited channels. Had to check out early so just left keys in room as there is no one on site, didn't seem to be an issue. Breakfast was more than enough to start the day but if your use to an American style breakfast it ain't gonna work for you. Very quiet location away from tourist area although a mile further down the hill is all the sites and shopping for cruise ships. Very close to several scooter and quad rental sites, which is a nice way to see the island. If renting a car not sure where you would park it as mentioned no close parking area. Try to get rooms furthest from the pool which provide the most privacy. Small but well done property. Our friends that live on the island were very impressed with accommodations and location. If we ever visit again we would definitely stay here and suggest friends do the same. Remember that good shoes are a must if walking to town as walk ways are uneven and hilly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I researched my room carefully before booking on their site to ensure I got one which suited our needs as they are all very different. I got exactly what I booked. And following other tips, went for one away from the pool area, which offered more privacy. We had a cave suite, with separate bedroom and kitchen/living area. It was very spacious. No ladders/loft areas.
The bathroom was well decorated, lovely and spa like, with plenty of space. And I loved the Jacuzzi bath. There was a lovely veranda out front with table, benches for breakfast/lunches, and two sun chairs for lounging. Stayed 6 nights and could have stayed longer easily.
Booking was easy. We were contacted in advance about arrival times. I responded but didn’t expect that when we arrived on a privately arranged transfer, there was someone already set-up to meet us at the drop-off point and carry our bags to the hotel/show us the way which was much appreciated. So do not worry about how you will manage luggage up and down steps as help was at hand always on arrival and departure. Secondly, I was worried about all the steps in Imerovigli but there was not so many in this hotel compared to others and they were well lit at night and although no handrail, they were fine to manage to anyone of reasonable fitness.
Most of the guests were of similar outlook, couples, looking to relax a bit and explore the island, and to stay in a romantic setting, and who were generally quiet. There were more sun loungers than I thought as there are a few more common spaces than just around the pool area. Pool is too deep for me which was a pity but good for cooling off and still very welcome.
The whole place was kept immaculate clean. Towels etc changed every day and available on request if more needed.
Service was excellent. Staff were very friendly but professional, gave plenty of information and looked after any needs we had and more. Little touches like sunset drinks were much appreciated. Owner was there a few of the days, making sure everyone was happy. Breakfast served whenever you woke up and ordered it was a special event, overlooking the beautiful caldera view. There was no choice as such but there was plenty of variety and volume in what was offered so something for everyone and it was a lot more than I expected. Fresh juices, fresh eggs, fruit, toasties, greek version of toasts with feta and tomatoes, breads, cakes, croissants, yogurt etc. The fridge and little kitchenette meant we could do our own lunches which was great to be able to do when you are on a long holiday away.
I loved Imerovigli as a location and was so happy with my choice, and loved the location within Imerovigli. The hotels stretch out much further than I expected here and many hotels would be much further away from Fira/Firostefani/main village square. Whereas Aeolos is only few minutes to the village square with supermarkets, atm, pharmacy, restaurants etc and on the pedestrian path out of the village closest to Firostefani/Fira so it made it much shorter walk for us when we decided to leave.
There are so many beautiful places to stay within Imerovigli. In my opinion, Imerovigli is much nicer, quieter, more traditional place to stay than Fira but is close enough by to go in and out when you want to shop or more nightlife. We walked the cliff path to Oia one day also – tougher going than I thought but worth it for the views, nature, quiet. So, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Imerovigli as the place to stay in Santorini.
My only small issues were poor wifi in the actual room. You get free wifi that is correct – but we could not get it in the cave room, only seemed to get it outside so no good if you want to watch live tv for example in your room. Another small issue common to other hotels – what’s the story with only one bin? In a large suite, only one bin in toilet which had to be used for everything. Considering you have to put toilet waste paper in it, I felt strange going back to it when I had kitchen waste, plastic water bottles etc to put in it. Can another bin be placed in the kitchen/living area? We found same in other hotels. And finally, bed nice and big but not the most comfortable one I ever stayed in. None of these are exactly anything to put you off staying here though!
We had a truly wonderful and memorable stay and didn’t want to leave. And it was definitely better value for money than other similar places in Imerovigli with the caldera views and cave suites, and pool option. We were very happy with our choice.

Room Tip: rooms away from pool are quieter/more private.
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The great advantage of these studios is their position. Imerovigli is a fascinating place with its plethora of tiny cave-like dwellings clinging to the cliffs. Aeolos Studios are positioned at the far end so that it is only a fairly short and pleasant walk to the cozy town of Fira and it's amenities avoiding the "rabbit warren" of the rest of the village.

What a wonderful time we had - friendly and helpful owners, dedicated and hard-working staff, a room kept spotlessly clean right beside the swimming pool, individual breakfasts served on the terrace each morning and the spectacular views and sunsets over the Caldera. This was the perfect place to "chill out" and celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you like swimming, as we do, choose the superior studio called "Daphne" right beside th...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Aeolos studios & suites in the middle of June, for our honeymoon.
When we arrived we were greeted by the staff, everybody was kind and very helpful,
and they carried all our suitcases all the way from the steps down.
We have been offered a fruit juice as a welcome drink and the receptionist provided us with information about the island, beaches, restaurants, excursions, etc.
Daphne the manager was very helpful and she made us feel like at home.
Our cave suite was nice decorated, clean, and from our balcony the view was spectacular.
During sunset time the staff offered us complimentary sparkling strawberry cocktails.
Now we are big fans of this boutique hotel, and we are going to come again in a future anniversary.
We definitely recommended it.

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my WORST hotel experience ever.I cant figure out how this place has got a 4.5 rating by TRIP ADVISOR and i definately dont think it can be called a 4 star property.i would not even rate it as a 3 star budget hotel. .they do not even have a proper reception and you are totally on your own after 9.00 p.m till the morning 9.00 a.m. There is nobody from the hotel there not a single person whom you could contact even in an emergency......there is a telephone number but no one answers the phone after 8.00 p.m .One night i was with some friends and my husband came to the hotel early there was nobody at the reception to give him the keys....he had to wait out for almost 2 hours, They dont have a car park and the lane leading to the hotel is in a major need for repair and doesnt even have street lights, its really dark. We stayed for 3 nights and our bed sheets and the towels were not changed everyday,.the rooms were not cleaned.When we got back there was no one there and even in the morning the staff said that they can not give us clean towels till the cleaning lady comes and she comes at 11.00 a.m.so we had to wait for her.they said that they had not cleaned our room as they were busy cleaning the hotel after the rain.There is no buffet breakfast and since it is served in your room, they do not give you a repeat of anything , you just get what they serve you at one go. NO window in the room and NO dustbin even .....and i paid about 200 euros for the room.The only plus is the view , which you could get at a lots of places in santorini in any case .There is one of the staff i remember who was just so helpful with his tips for the restaurants and he really recommended some great places(j forgotten his name though....i thing it was marlo or something). I am a frequent traveler and generally refer to TRIP ADVISOR for my bookings, but this place was a total disaster. Will so warn people against this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aeolos Studios & Suites? Share your experiences!