We stayed at the iliovasilema suites in July 2012, having chosen this hotel after much research for a hotel to suit our special occasion holiday. The research paid off and this hotel was all we could have wished for!
We'll restrict our review to the hotel itself but would just say that Santorini, and more specifically Imerovigli, make a fabulous holiday choice for couples wanting a relaxing holiday with many restaurant options, fabulous views and a lovely climate - even in July the temperature was perfect for fair Scottish skin!
The hotel itself then - we have so many good things to say (and we are pretty fussy!).....
The style, privacy and intimacy of the hotel is wonderful, due to a large extent to the small number of suites, which is fairly typical for the island, but also due to the staff (more praise on them below!). Breakfast being brought to your terrace every morning for you to fall out of bed and head straight to eat was a new experience for us and felt very indulgent. The combination of the privacy of your own terrace to lounge in the sun, admire the view and enjoy the spa bath as well as the facilities of the main pool, lounging area and bar was ideal and food/drink was available to be delivered to wherever you wanted within these places all day.
The views are breathtaking from the hotel. It's perfectly placed at the highest point and it gives the feeling of being in a picture postcard! It doesn't lose it's impact after many days spent admiring it. Also the sunsets from the hotel give the best and most romantic experience, Oia did show a beautiful sunset but its somewhat crowded so a one off visit was good then it was hotel sunsets as our preference!
Our room was lovely, one of the junior suites on the same level as reception, we had a spa bath which is a real treat and we thoroughly recommend! The size, decor and facilities of the room were perfect. The junior suite is the optimum choice in our minds!
The staff were incredibly helpful and attentive and deliver a truly high standard of service, being just there when you need something but always in the background. They all made us feel we were special guests, for example remembering when you arrived back to the hotel after an evening out whether you had already ordered the next days breakfast and if not asking what you would like and what time to deliver it. They work an incredible amount of hours and always have a smile. We made great use of the staffs knowledge in making our dinner reservations across the island, they made all of our reservations for us and every meal we had was wonderful, with us always arriving to the restaurant finding we had been booked into the best table....thank you so much Agnes!!!
So all in all we can't praise them enough and can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Imerovigli, one of the most beautiful villages of Santorini Island, you will find the ILIOVASILEMA HOTEL APARTMENTS ("Iliovasilema" is the Greek word for "sunset"). Iliovasilema is situated on the enchanting and world famous Caldera. Built 350m above sea level, offers to its guests the most fascinating view of the volcano and the little islands of the Aegean Sea, as well as of the dazzling sunset. Iliovasilema was initially built in year 1996, has been renovated and remodeled in year 2002 and still grows, following always the rules and the tradition of the Cycladic architecture! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iliovasilema Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iliovasillema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece