I could go on and on about the beauty of Heliotopos hotel--its amazing view is one for the books and its serene environment makes you never want to go back home. Perched right at the heart of Imerovigli and facing the beautiful Santorini caldera--there is no place you'd rather be to take in the goodness of life. It's at a good location that splits you between Fira to soak yourself in irresponsible partying (so fun!) and Oia. I can only sing praises for the hotel because it doesn't really get better, more tasteful and more authentic than this. But what i'd very much like more to stress on is how the hotel really bent over backwards for my friends and I. First of all, when we arrived(waaaayy earlier than our check in) they were kind enough, after serving us coffee, to provide us with a temporary room, since where we'd be staying at was still unavailable, so that we could rest for a few hours. We left before check in time to take a tour of the city, travel on to Oia etc..we got back half past 11pm. Waiting for us was Lila, with a smile on her face, telling us they had called the police and hospitals, thinking of the worst, since they hadn't heard from us since we left in the morning and we hadn't even checked in yet. We thought she was joking, she wasn't. We were very impressed at her genuine concern for us. We then started calling her Mama Lila. We had a good chat with her, found things in common, laughed about the whole thing, and called it a night. Then my wallet incident. Basically, being the spaced-out girl that i am, i forgot my wallet in the bus after our boat tour. Upon hearing me panic at the reception, they immediately called the boat company and took action. After more updates with Ms Iota who was checking in with the company every so often, she rang us up at our hotel room and said the bus driver had found it! They drove over to meet up with the bus driver while we went out to Oia. I was so overwhelmed at how they handled the situation. See, this was none of their business anymore, things were out of their hands, but they found a way. Talk about going the extra mile..they literally drove a few extra miles! They really made us feel like we were taken care of, and that's what made them that more special to us. Thanks so much to Mama Lila and the rest of the staff. Thanks for your patience, thanks for your top-notch hospitality! You really made us feel as though we had a home to come back to in Santorini, as opposed to just a hotel. I will recommend this place to all of my colleagues. Cheers to all of you! Miss you already, and we just left a few days ago!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heliotopos is a unique boutique hotel complex in the traditional dome style, with one or two storey suites and studio apartments. Built on the foundations of old island structures it has been constructed to reflect the beauty of Santorini's architecture. Located at the highest point of the crater-top (the rim of the Caldera) it offers an extraordinary, breathtaking view of the volcano, the sea and the surrounding islets from every point of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Heliotopos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heliotopos Hotel Imerovigli
- Heliotopos Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece