I cannot say enough wonderful things about Astra Suites, George Karayiannis and his staff. Our entire stay was wonderful from start to end, and we did NOT want it to end! It was the highest level of customer service, personally and behind the scenes. We cannot wait to return someday.
When my husband (fiancé at the time) and I decided we wanted to have our wedding in Greece, searches for wedding locations led us to discover Astra Suites. We planned the rest of our trip itinerary around our wedding date in Santorini. We worked directly with George via email to select our ceremony package. We stayed in a honeymoon suite that had a beautifully designed interior, great artwork, the bedroom area was elevated, large bathroom and spa-like shower, mini kitchenette a private patio and jacuzzi.
We arrived a little before check-in time but were very welcomed. We were encouraged to relax by the pool and order a drink while waiting on our room- which we did. Or we could have stayed in the hospitality room that has couches and TV and luggage storage. Had we not already drug our luggage down the multiple ramps, steps and paths- they would have sent someone to retrieve it from the taxi stop (lesson learned about good hospitality!). When we checked out of Astra to stay in Oia for a night, we were able to leave our luggage behind picking it up on the way back through on our way to the airport (which we were able to arrange through Astra even though we had checked out a day earlier).
Helen at the front desk was fantastic. She greeted us by name each time we walked in and was very helpful with recommendations of attractions. She made our Thalassa boat reservation, handled the payment and just added it to our bill at the end. It was one less thing we had to worry about, arrange and withdraw cash for- things like this are what made our stay so relaxing and enjoyable.
Astra has a pool and pool bar. The bartender, Costas, was fun to talk to, and makes the most phenomenal drinks (the mango one was our favorite!).
Our wedding ceremony was beautiful. We had to send paperwork ahead of time to George, which he filed and let us know that everything was approved. The only decision I had to make once we got there was what color flowers I wanted in my bouquet… talk about a stress free wedding! The day we arrived, George met with us and reviewed our ceremony package, timeline and showed us the recommended location- a church rooftop! The photographer and videographer were professional and entertaining. We got our photos and video back before we even left the island so that we had them to show our families when we got home. We had to file paperwork the day after, in which Astra provided a driver to take us to the office.
We selected to have dinner in our room after the ceremony. When we arrived back to our suite, there was champagne and chocolates waiting for us. Our waiter (I wish I could remember his name) was so knowledgeable about every item on the menu and passionate about his recommendations. We had an appetizer, two different types of steak and dessert. Everything was phenomenal of course! They do have a small restaurant area with outdoor seating which could be chilly later in the evenings but would serve the same delicious food we had in our suite.
We will absolutely always return to Astra any chance we get to come to Santorini again. It was a phenomenal place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece