“Absolutely Paradise!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 42 hotels in Imerovigli
Placida, FL
“Absolutely Paradise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Astra Suites. Our stay exceeded our expectations in many ways. We were treated like honeymooners with champagne, personalized service and excellent accommodations!
The poolside view of the caldera and the sea were so spectacular that we couldn't concentrate on reading nor could we leave to sightsee! There was no reason to leave, we spent 5 idyllic, romantic days in a stunning location.
The restaurant was excellent! Breakfast, cooked to order and delicious was delivered to our lanai promptly every morning.
George and his well-trained, enthusiastic staff make your stay memorable and perfect.
We cannot recommend this property highly enough and cannot wait to return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

742 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My Husband and I had a very Romantic wedding in June 29,2013 at Astra Suites!!! Thanks to George and his professional staff. We traveled from Florida for our wedding at the Astra Suites and Honeymoon in the Greek Islands for 2 weeks afterwards.The hotel was a dream.The view from our room and Hotel of the caldera was Perfect and breath taking.. The food and service was A++.
Our experience at Astra suites was beyond perfect!!The place was a dream..Thank you again George and the staff.
Kim and Jerry M.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Me and my husband visited this hotel just for glass and for our last diner during our honeymoon stay in Santorini and we would like to thank you so much for Stavros and Kristin absolutely perfect, professional servis and the cook for delicious food. If I would come to Santorini again, I would stay in Astra for sure. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent 5 days at the Astra Suites in August 2012 (sorry for the delay, we don't usually do reviews) and we cannot recommend it highly enough! We had never been to Santorini before, but absolutely loved it here! Here's why:

Hotel: this is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location! It is on the cliffs overlooking the bay, with a cool breeze and views of the sunsets to die for! The room was beautiful, immaculately cared for and very comfortable (double bed, a sitting area with TV and DVD player, bathroom and balcony), with a classic Greek White stone exterior. Breakfast was served on your balcony (you get to choose time and what to have), as is dinner, if you want to eat in, and the food is excellent!

Staff: everyone is super helpful and friendly: the driver who takes you from the airport, the guy who carries your bags down the hillside to your room, the waiter who brings you breakfast on your balcony, and particularly Helena and Valentina at reception, who are happy to chat, recommend places to eat, sites to see or help with anything you like! We felt so at home, relaxed and cared for!

Location: aside from the awesome views, Imerovigli is also a quieter town than its neighbours. It's only 10 mins walk along the cliff paths to Firostefani, where there are some good restaurants, thought it's a much noisier town, and another 10 to the capital, Fira (nice to visit, but really touristy!). In the other direction, you can do the beautiful 3hr walk to Oia (the postcard Greek Island town). The hotel will also help you hire a car, which we recommend, as it's a great island to drive round for a day!

Overall, this is a gem of a hotel. Before booking we read the few negative reviews and frankly cannot relate to them at all! We had a great experience!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

First of all, sorry for the late review. My girlfriend and i went to this little heaven on earth called astra in the beginning of July 2013.

I was intregued by this hotel after reading a lot of reviews on tripadvisor and like many persons i was thinking between Astra Suites and Anastasia suites to go to. I called both hotels and it seemed very clear i prefered to go to Astra. Astra was much more friendly and personal in their service. Once I was in Santorini i went to anastacia to compare Astra with anastasia and Astra is much better for a few reasons. First of all Astra is much better Located you are really in the middle of everything. Second of all Astra hotel is much more authentic, you are living in a caldera while in the other hotel you are staying in a regular hotel, isnt one of the reasons people come to santorini to enjoy the famous caldera? Astra gives you the feeling you are actually living in the Caldera itselve. And last bot not least I had the feeling that Anastasia was more a kind of `resort` than a romantic hotel.

We landed late in the evening in Santorini and we were picked up by a car of the hotel. I think it is a 15 euro upgrade to get picked up at the airport but it is really worth every single penny. Upon arrival people took immideately care of my luggage and I was amazed to be greeted by the hotel manager Georges at this late time in the evening. Apparently he makes it a point to greet every single guest personally upon arrival. Georges took more his time ( more than 15 minutes) to explain everything about the hotel and he gave me the feeling he was a friend I already knew for over 10 year. After talking with him we were still able to have dinner at the restaurant of the hotel(11 pm). The food was fantastic and the service superb, i started to understand that this hotel was going to be better than everything i red about it. I choose for a suite with a private jacuzzi at the balcony at the lowest point of the hotel. Altough it is quite a lot of steps you need to take i think this room is the best room you can get. It is super private and has a magnificent view.

The breakfast is served at the balcony of your bedroom which is phenomenal. It is super romantic and you have superb view.

Something that is also important to mention is the service at the pool which is fantastic. Kostas is the bartender and knows how to make some unbelievable cocktails. My favourite one was definately the Key Lime cocktail.

I would recomend to have a walk to Oia, try to leave early in the morning because its quite a long trip and there is a lot of sunshine. A very good restaurant to visit over there is Taverna Katina where your table is just next to the weather and where you can see the fresh fish been taken out of the water.
Closer to the hotel i would recommand you to go to Anogi restaurant. Dont forget to ask the hotel to make a reservation or you wont get in.

After all i can say that this holiday was an unforgetable holiday for me and my girlfriend and i would recommend everybody to go to this fantastic place and to enjoy this hotel.
I would just fly over to Santorini to be able to stay in this hotel.

Georges and the whole Atra team, thank you for an experience i will never forget in my life.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite at the bottom of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I travelled to Greece for my honeymoon and this was easily one the best hotels in Santorini. Exotic view, excellent service, beautiful rooms & scrumptious breakfast. Many people use to come near the hotel to see the sunset view. It is one of a kind. Worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Finally posting this long overdue review!

My wife and I stayed here in August of 2013 for the last week of our honeymoon in Greece. Santorini was definitely the highlight of our trip and Astra Suites played a huge part. The hotel, like many buildings in Santorini, is built right into the side of the island (a large caldera). We stayed in a luxurious two-bedroom suite with a kitchenette and living room area. I'm hesitant to use the word "suite" because the room was unlike any other room I've ever stayed in. It was more like a large cavern built into the caldera. The front had a nice sized terrace with two sun lounges, an umbrella and a table. Most (if not all?) of the rooms in the hotel have their own private terrace.

One of the highlights of this hotel was the breakfast. You complete a form the night before and the next morning breakfast is delivered restaurant-style to your terrace. There was a varied menu options and the food was absolutely excellent. But the real treat is eating breakfast overlooking the caldera and Aegean sea as the sunrises each morning…simply unforgettable. The hotel also has its own open-air restaurant which we had a dinner at one night also excellent. The hotel pool is not large, but also has caldera views (it is an infinity pool) and the bar there makes some of the best cocktails you will ever have. It was never crowded and we were always able to grab two lounge chairs. And a huge shout out to the guys who carry your bags to and from your room down the steep steps. Be sure to bring a few extra Euros for these musclemen.

One thing to consider is the location of this hotel. It is almost directly in the middle of Santorini. You can easily walk to Firostefani for dinner. You can also walk to Fira but it is a bit of a longer walk. You can drive to Oia for a day of shopping and site seeing at one end of the island, or the beaches at the other end of the island. (We rented an ATV arranged through the hotel).

Finally, one of the real benefits of this hotel is the manager, George. George spent about 20 minutes with us during check-in, explaining the layout of the hotel and suggesting things to do in Santorini and restaurants. All of his recommendations were spot on and he was such a nice guy. You can tell that he really loves his island and enjoys sharing it with his guests.

Do not hesitate to book with Astra Suites - you will not regret it!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!