“The best service I have ever had in my life and the best hotel for sure in Santorini, better than anastasias suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Astra Suites

Save Saved
You added Astra Suites to your Saves list
Astra Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 45, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 42 hotels in Imerovigli
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

First of all, sorry for the late review. My girlfriend and i went to this little heaven on earth called astra in the beginning of July 2013.

I was intregued by this hotel after reading a lot of reviews on tripadvisor and like many persons i was thinking between Astra Suites and Anastasia suites to go to. I called both hotels and it seemed very clear i prefered to go to Astra. Astra was much more friendly and personal in their service. Once I was in Santorini i went to anastacia to compare Astra with anastasia and Astra is much better for a few reasons. First of all Astra is much better Located you are really in the middle of everything. Second of all Astra hotel is much more authentic, you are living in a caldera while in the other hotel you are staying in a regular hotel, isnt one of the reasons people come to santorini to enjoy the famous caldera? Astra gives you the feeling you are actually living in the Caldera itselve. And last bot not least I had the feeling that Anastasia was more a kind of `resort` than a romantic hotel.

We landed late in the evening in Santorini and we were picked up by a car of the hotel. I think it is a 15 euro upgrade to get picked up at the airport but it is really worth every single penny. Upon arrival people took immideately care of my luggage and I was amazed to be greeted by the hotel manager Georges at this late time in the evening. Apparently he makes it a point to greet every single guest personally upon arrival. Georges took more his time ( more than 15 minutes) to explain everything about the hotel and he gave me the feeling he was a friend I already knew for over 10 year. After talking with him we were still able to have dinner at the restaurant of the hotel(11 pm). The food was fantastic and the service superb, i started to understand that this hotel was going to be better than everything i red about it. I choose for a suite with a private jacuzzi at the balcony at the lowest point of the hotel. Altough it is quite a lot of steps you need to take i think this room is the best room you can get. It is super private and has a magnificent view.

The breakfast is served at the balcony of your bedroom which is phenomenal. It is super romantic and you have superb view.

Something that is also important to mention is the service at the pool which is fantastic. Kostas is the bartender and knows how to make some unbelievable cocktails. My favourite one was definately the Key Lime cocktail.

I would recomend to have a walk to Oia, try to leave early in the morning because its quite a long trip and there is a lot of sunshine. A very good restaurant to visit over there is Taverna Katina where your table is just next to the weather and where you can see the fresh fish been taken out of the water.
Closer to the hotel i would recommand you to go to Anogi restaurant. Dont forget to ask the hotel to make a reservation or you wont get in.

After all i can say that this holiday was an unforgetable holiday for me and my girlfriend and i would recommend everybody to go to this fantastic place and to enjoy this hotel.
I would just fly over to Santorini to be able to stay in this hotel.

Georges and the whole Atra team, thank you for an experience i will never forget in my life.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite at the bottom of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

742 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I travelled to Greece for my honeymoon and this was easily one the best hotels in Santorini. Exotic view, excellent service, beautiful rooms & scrumptious breakfast. Many people use to come near the hotel to see the sunset view. It is one of a kind. Worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Finally posting this long overdue review!

My wife and I stayed here in August of 2013 for the last week of our honeymoon in Greece. Santorini was definitely the highlight of our trip and Astra Suites played a huge part. The hotel, like many buildings in Santorini, is built right into the side of the island (a large caldera). We stayed in a luxurious two-bedroom suite with a kitchenette and living room area. I'm hesitant to use the word "suite" because the room was unlike any other room I've ever stayed in. It was more like a large cavern built into the caldera. The front had a nice sized terrace with two sun lounges, an umbrella and a table. Most (if not all?) of the rooms in the hotel have their own private terrace.

One of the highlights of this hotel was the breakfast. You complete a form the night before and the next morning breakfast is delivered restaurant-style to your terrace. There was a varied menu options and the food was absolutely excellent. But the real treat is eating breakfast overlooking the caldera and Aegean sea as the sunrises each morning…simply unforgettable. The hotel also has its own open-air restaurant which we had a dinner at one night also excellent. The hotel pool is not large, but also has caldera views (it is an infinity pool) and the bar there makes some of the best cocktails you will ever have. It was never crowded and we were always able to grab two lounge chairs. And a huge shout out to the guys who carry your bags to and from your room down the steep steps. Be sure to bring a few extra Euros for these musclemen.

One thing to consider is the location of this hotel. It is almost directly in the middle of Santorini. You can easily walk to Firostefani for dinner. You can also walk to Fira but it is a bit of a longer walk. You can drive to Oia for a day of shopping and site seeing at one end of the island, or the beaches at the other end of the island. (We rented an ATV arranged through the hotel).

Finally, one of the real benefits of this hotel is the manager, George. George spent about 20 minutes with us during check-in, explaining the layout of the hotel and suggesting things to do in Santorini and restaurants. All of his recommendations were spot on and he was such a nice guy. You can tell that he really loves his island and enjoys sharing it with his guests.

Do not hesitate to book with Astra Suites - you will not regret it!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed at Astra in August for the last stop of our honeymoon. When I say this is one of the best hotels we've ever been in, I mean it. The service was friendly and impeccable. The room was gorgeous. The views are everything you read and more. The property is conveniently located between Fira and Oia and definitely a wonderful option for a more romantic vacation and for those wanting to avoid all the cruise-ers. THANK YOU, Astra, for the best honeymoon experience ever!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I have had a trip to Santorini, Greece at the top of our bucket list for many years. We finally made the trip in October, 2013. We chose the Astra Suites for all the outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor . . . we were not disappointed! George, and the entire staff of this hotel, worked diligently to assure our every pleasure. George upgraded us to the honeymoon suite and it was truly the most romantic and wonderful place we have ever stayed. I am over 65, so that is saying a lot! The suite was furnished impeccably and the views were amazing. We simply would find it impossible to say anything negative about our entire stay. The food at the restaurant on site was excellent. Sitting on the verandah, having the delicious breakfast that is brought to your room every morning, well you simply have to experience this yourselves. The hot tub, on our verandah, was an added bonus. We live in Colorado, but will be going back secure in the knowledge that George, and the staff, will once again provide us with the most romantic and wonderful visit as they did during our first visit. Please, do not consider any other accommodation while you are in Santorini.

Room Tip: The Honeymoon Suite is well worth the cost!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Santorini is the most romantic place...and trust me once you visit you shall feel it...

Astra Suites hospitality has no match...the check in ...the people at the reception...george was superb in guiding us about the city ...the small little things which was taken care of was simply amazing..!!

Morning breakfast in the balcony is super !! Sunsets from our room balcony or the pool is breathtaking!!

Amazingly helpful staff ...and perfect way to end our honeymoon!!

Hopefully can come again soon !!

Room Tip: Take anything...all are just superb !!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Donauworth, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were there last September.The service at this hotel it is excellent, the staff was very friendly, the suites
are very very clean . Every morning they served the breakfeast on your balcony, which is really fantastic.
The view and the sunset from our terrace were unique. The drinks by the pool and the food at the restaurant
were perfect. George and his team, they are doing an excellent job. You can not go wrong with this hotel.
We will be back soon !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!