Location: Astra Suites are located between Fira (main town) and Oia. You can walk along the water straight from the hotel to Fira (about a 20min walk). It's also situated behind a mountain that makes for amazing sunset views. Many of the cruise tourists and even those from other hotels were always running around trying to find a view of the sunset. At Astra Suites, you get the best view, right from your room!
Food & Service: The food was exceptional. The breakfast was included and phenomenal. We requested items that were not on the standard menu (like smoked salmon and goat cheese) and they were always able to deliver them without any questions. We also ordered from the room-service menu and the food was always top-notch. Part of our package included a balcony-dinner, which was also outstanding. The front desk was staffed 24/7 and all of the staff were extremely helpful.
Pool: We didn't spend much time at the pool, although it was very clean and in a great location, overlooking the ocean. The pool also had a bar and snacks could be ordered from the room service menu.
Excursions: The staff helped us book a dinner cruise which was definitely worth doing. The cruise first takes you to the volcano, then stops by the hot springs (you have to jump from the boat to swim to them) and then finishes off with a sunset dinner and wine. We also rented ATV's and drove down to the different santorini beaches (red beach, black beach, etc..). The Astra suites staff was again very helpful and booked the ATV's, which were delivered right to the hotel. Other than that, I would recommend spending at least 1 day in Fira (just try to avoid the cruise crowds) and half a day in Oia. If you have extra time, Santos Winery (5min south of Fira) is definitely worth a visit - especially around sunset time.
Rooms: We had the jacuzzi suite and the room was very spacious and always clean. The room service came twice a day and always did a great job. Our Jacuzzi was too cold or too warm a few days, but the staff were quick to fix the temperature issue. Having seen all the rooms, the Jacuzzi seats were definitely the most private, but were slightly further away and required a further walk.
Overall Value: The service, rooms, views and food were all top notch. Still, Astra Suites is not a cheap place. If you can afford it, or are going for a special occasion, it's definitely recommended. If not, there seemed to be various other hotels in Santorini (although not as nice).
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.