“Wonderful hotel, exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars

You added Astra Suites to your Saves list
Astra Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 45, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Imerovigli
“Wonderful hotel, exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We just returned from celebrating our anniversary in Greece and stayed at Astra for three wonderful nights. The location is in very quiet Imerovigli, which only has a couple (very good) restaurants but you can walk to Fira and Firastefini if you crave more of a night scene- just be sure you like to walk, which we do. From the minute we arrived, we were impressed with the exceptional service we received. George, as many of the reviews say, is fantastic- really knowledgeable and helpful, with a clear passion for the island and Astra. The rest of the staff were equally fantastic, especially the women in reception who were always happy to answer our many questions! The food is delicious as well- we ordered room service and enjoyed the AMAZING made-to-order breakfast every morning from our beautiful suite. You can order whatever you want on the menu, and as much as you want, all complimentary. We found the hotel to be of good value for the price and we also received a room upgrade for free without asking! Never mind the beautiful hotel, for the service alone, I would return to Astra!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite away from pool for more privayacy
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Our time at Astra Suites in Santorini was so memorable. It was by far our favorite place we visited in Greece.

The staff was absolutely wonderful, and I couldn't have been luckier that I fell ill when I did during our trip. No one else that we encountered would have taken such good care of us! Everyone was so sweet to check in on me. The maids would bring me extra lemons and tea and tell me I'd feel better after two cups! And they even had someone in the village bring back medicine for me so we didn't have to leave the suite. And they didn't even charge us. For the delivery - or the medicine!

I absolutely loved our suite and its decor. The colorful tile floors are amazing. And we couldn't get over the beautiful view from our front porch. You have to climb the mountain that's right outside. And make sure to go all the way around to the other side. The path disappears, but if you make your own way through, there is a beautiful white and blue church waiting down on the other side.

We wish we could have spent more time walking and shopping in the village, and I would love to return to Santorini someday so we can explore more of the island.

Everyone at Astra made our honeymoon so great!

Room Tip: Let them know you're on your honeymoon!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Santorini is gorgeous and Astra captures all that Santorini has to offer. The quality of the hotel is perfect. The staff is wonderful --- very kind, prompt, and extremely helpful but not overbearing. On top of the great service and amenities, they upgraded us too! The hotel grounds are simply stunning. The view is the best on the island. The location is terrific (easy to get to restaurants shops etc by walking and by car). Great privacy too. I didn't take advantage of their spa -- but it's there incase you want it. We just loved eating breakfast on our balcony and admiring the drop dead gorgeous view. The included breakfast is the best you'll ever have. You really just cant go wrong staying here. If Im lucky enough to go back to Greece I'd stay here again and again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 105 i believe --- great suite.
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, my expectations were high. However, this place rocked my world. Nothing can prepare you for the stunning setting, views, sunset or perfectly attentive, but not intrusive service at this hotel. From welcome to departure, George and his dedicated team ensured our every need was catered for.

A few examples:

- Complimentary champagne provided unexpectedly as we sat watching the sunset
- Private, complimentary use of the indoor Jacuzzi as it was a bit cold for a dip in our pool
- Complimentary suncream and aftersun as we forgot ours!
- A hotel staff member drove to the travel agents to collect our ferry tickets for us
- Blankets provided without asking as you are sat outside watching the sunset

We opted for a private pool suite which was simply stunning - uninterrupted views of the ocean and Caldera which you never get tired of looking at. Breakfast was delivered to your room at a time of your choosing every morning - and every morning it was delicious.

For anyone looking for that "special", romantic, luxury hotel, with outstanding service and breathtaking views on Santorini, Astra is the only choice.

A few travellers’ tips to share based on our experience:

1. The walk to Fira is amazing the first time, but can become tiring, especially after a few wines! A local taxi back to Astra will only cost you 5 Euros!

2. You must eat in the local taverna – Anogi – It has great, reasonably priced, traditional cuisine

3. If you can afford it, you must ask the hotel to arrange a private tour guide – we had Andreas, and he was simply amazing – full of local knowledge and passion

4. The volcano is worth visiting, however do take suitable footwear, and wear a sunhat – don’t make our mistake of wearing flip flops and forgetting headwear! – Ouch!

5. We ate at the Sphinx restaurant in Fira three times for lunch! – Their food, and welcoming service is fantastic, and the view is second to none!

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I travel frequently in Greece and recently returned to Astra Suites for the 2nd time. The first trip was 2 years ago with my now husband and this time was with my parents, with whom I wanted to share this fantastic hotel in a magical setting. We arrived early season, and Astra had only recently reopened. There were a few minor kinks to be worked out, such as special food requests from room service and a spotty wi-fi connection (not the hotels fault) but they in no way affected the quality of our stay. In fact, these matters allowed us to BETTER experience the professional and understanding of the Astra team, especially George and Helen, through their sincere concern with the issues and speed in striving to find solutions. Additionally, they provided us with fantastic recommendations for sites to see and places to eat. The local taverna was one of my favorites anywhere!
Astra Suites is a wonderful place to which I hope to return many times!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We enjoyed stunning views, tranquility and outstanding service while staying in Astra Suites.

The location of Astra Suites is perfect. This gave us opportunity to enjoy the stunning views and wonderful sunset right from our suite, while enjoying breakfast, coffee or having a glass of Santori wine in the terrace. All the sights, feelings and tranquility create a very special atmosphere.

Great attention and hospitality from George and all Astra personnel made us feel the most welcome guests. We received valuable advice about activities in Santorini. Friendly and attentive staff was always ready to assist with a great respect of privacy at the same time. Very well organized service with a great attention to detail!

Honeymoon Jacuzzi Suite we were staying at was very cozy and romantic decorated with a great sense of aesthetics. The suite was kept very tidy and clean, supplied with all amenities.
I loved the outdoor Jacuzzi in our terrace!! It was a real delight for spring weather and a very relaxing way to gaze across caldera in complete privacy.

We had a fantastic relaxing time! Everything was beyond my expectations. I sincerely recommend to stay in Astra Suites.

Thank you, Astra!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

To start out with, I am an experienced traveler with very high expectations "to say the least". As this was my honeymoon (the most important travel of all) I wanted this to be a special vacation. I did all of my research and read the reviews before making my decision to stay at Astra. Currently it's rated as the #3 hotel. We couldn't disagree enough.... It's #1 for Value, We traveled from the red beach all the way to Oia (in the North) and the location and customer service were second to NONE. We also stayed at San Antonio hotel which I would rate at as 7 maximum.

Astra is amazing. The fact that I took the time to write a review should speak for it self (I've never written a review before).

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!