We just got back from 3 weeks in Greece and loved Honeymoon Petra! The location is perfect (imerovigli is about a 10 minute walk from fira so you are out of the tourist jam. Arguably the best view of the sunset on santorini. The views were incredible! Rooms very well appointed. The hotel spreads out down a hill. Hint ask for a room on the lower cliffs (on the ocean side of the walkway). We stayed in the Honeymoon suite and it was a duplex with two areas to sunbathe and a huge jacuzzi tub! We were nervous about taking our kids to an amazing honeymoon spot but our kids were pretty chill and the staff was super nice to them. The owner of the hotel yannis is around a very interesting guy he also owns 4 boats which you can rent at favorable prices. We went out with yannis on his 41 foot power boat and this is HIGHLY recommended. Santorini by water is incredible and he will take you to some neat places. The hotel also does 4 nights on a boat and rest in the hotel which you will want to consider. We spent 4 days out in the water in our 3 weeks in Greece and they were some of the best times we had.
The staff was very competent and very nice. Breakfasts were good. We were able to walk to many restaurants but often had lunch at the hotel (very good) by the gorgeous pool. The best we had was la maison.
Hint.. Oia is a beautiful town that what seems like all tourists on santorini have discovered. Everyone lands there for the sunset. Beautiful town with simply too many tourists. Your best bet is to head their early. Try dinner in the Oia harbor at dimitris or sunset (side by side) walk down a lot of steps take a donkey back up or even better have the restaurant call a taxi to take you back to the hotel.
Fantastic place to stay in santorini!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the magical island of Santorini, in the charming village of Imerovigli, Honeymoon Petra luxury hotel stands perched above the deep blue Aegean Sea.Family owned and run, this unique 5 star Santorini hotel has a lot more to offer than just accommodation. Its extraordinary views, rich Greek flavor and unique hospitality, distinguish it as a remarkably unique and tranquil heaven.The Pool, the biggest one on the Caldera, is hewn out of the volcanic rock and the facilities around it include a steam room and outdoor Jacuzzi, a Pool Bar and Day restaurant, a BBQ area, a breakfast area with panoramic views and large, comfortable lounge chairs and daybeds for the ultimate relaxation experience. From the pool area guests can experience some of the most awe-inspiring sunsets in the world.One of the most extraordinary luxury hotels in Santorini, Honeymoon Petra offers stylish and comfortable accommodation, taking full advantage of its breathtaking location and views of the caldera, volcano and the satellite islands of Santorini. The complex is developed in 2 wings; the Traditional Wing, a group of 9 luxury Rooms & Suites built into the rock, in the traditional style of the island, and the Petra Wing, a group of 17 luxury Rooms & Suites built from the rocks of the volcanic mountains.Honeymoon Petra Villas, a luxury hotel tucked quaintly into the rock, is 10km away from the international airport, 2km from the capital of the island Fira and closely located to the ancient fortress of Skaros.Distinguishing from other Santorini luxury hotels, Honeymoon Petra will make your stay an unforgettable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Honeymoon Petra Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honeymoon Petra Villas Hotel Imerovigli
- Honeymoon Petra Hotel
- Honeymoon Petra Imerovigli
- Honeymoon Petra Villas Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece