This is the third time we have visited this hotel. It did not disappoint. We stayed in Room 20 which consisted of two rooms, one with a loft. The Villa was dug right into the cliff. A complimentary bottle of wine and a bowl of fruit awaited us. Our bedroom consisted of a very comfortable king size bed with a clean soft duvet, a sensible closet complete with safe and many lamps. A large window overlooking the water completed the picture. Dressing gowns were folded neatly on the bed along with plenty of soft towels.
We had a minifridge with a complimentary large bottle of water. There was plenty of cutlery and dishes, a sink, in fact, everything a person would want in a small apartment was available. We bought beer and soft drinks in town which was much cheaper than buying it from the hotel pool bar. There was a table and another closet in this room. The loft contained another bed which we did not use but we stored our luggage there. The bathroom was small but very functional. We had good water pressure and no lots of hot water.
This property has a fabulous pool. One can swim right to the edge of the pool and lie in the water, elbows on the edge, and overlook the caldera and the water below. Absolutely spectacular. The water was a bit chilly but very refreshing after a hot day exploring the the island. Speaking of spectacular, this Hotel has perhaps the best sunset view on the island. Forget Oia; the Honneymoon Villas Petra sunset is unsurpassed.
Breakfast was a treat in itself. Everrything one could possibly want was available. Fresh breads, hot croissants, a variety of cereals and cheeses, fresh fruits and vergetables, boiled, scrambled or fried eggs complimented with sausages and/or bacon, a medley of sauteed mushrooms and, of couse plenty of that marvellous Greek yogurt. The coffee was freshly brewed and delicious. Sitting overlooking the water, high up on the cliff, enjoying a leisurely breakfast was breathtaking.
We had a lovely patio outside our room with Muskoka type chairs and a table. It was peaceful to sit overlooking the caldera and watch the cruises ships go about their business of tendering tourists.
To emphasize how this well hotel looks after guests consider the following. We had to catch a flight early on the last day of our visit. We had to be at the airport at 5 o'clock in the morning. We were prepared to have a small box of fruit and perhaps a bun before leaving. But no, a full breakfast was waiting for us at the restuarant. Hot coffee, toast, cheese etc. What a treat. Our luggage was picked up and delivered to the pick-up point in plenty of time to catch our bus.
I could continue to sing praises concerning this property but will close with the comment that this is a hotel dedicated to customer service. They do not know how to say no to any request. Our third trip to this hotel was certainly the best. We fully intend to return to Santorini and will definitely stay at the Honeymoon Villas. All I can say is bravo to this hotel and their cheerful and accommodating staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the magical island of Santorini, in the charming village of Imerovigli, Honeymoon Petra luxury hotel stands perched above the deep blue Aegean Sea.Family owned and run, this unique 5 star Santorini hotel has a lot more to offer than just accommodation. Its extraordinary views, rich Greek flavor and unique hospitality, distinguish it as a remarkably unique and tranquil heaven.The Pool, the biggest one on the Caldera, is hewn out of the volcanic rock and the facilities around it include a steam room and outdoor Jacuzzi, a Pool Bar and Day restaurant, a BBQ area, a breakfast area with panoramic views and large, comfortable lounge chairs and daybeds for the ultimate relaxation experience. From the pool area guests can experience some of the most awe-inspiring sunsets in the world.One of the most extraordinary luxury hotels in Santorini, Honeymoon Petra offers stylish and comfortable accommodation, taking full advantage of its breathtaking location and views of the caldera, volcano and the satellite islands of Santorini. The complex is developed in 2 wings; the Traditional Wing, a group of 9 luxury Rooms & Suites built into the rock, in the traditional style of the island, and the Petra Wing, a group of 17 luxury Rooms & Suites built from the rocks of the volcanic mountains.Honeymoon Petra Villas, a luxury hotel tucked quaintly into the rock, is 10km away from the international airport, 2km from the capital of the island Fira and closely located to the ancient fortress of Skaros.Distinguishing from other Santorini luxury hotels, Honeymoon Petra will make your stay an unforgettable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Honeymoon Petra Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honeymoon Petra Villas Hotel Imerovigli
- Honeymoon Petra Hotel
- Honeymoon Petra Imerovigli
- Honeymoon Petra Villas Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece