I have travelled extensively throughout the world and this is by far THE best hotel i have ever stayed in, mainly due to the unrivalled quality of the customer service my wife and i received during our week long (4th-11th August) stay at Chromata. We were on the first week of our honeymoon (second week Naxos) and after all the stress of planning a wedding and a generally hectic year, we couldn't have found a more perfect place to relax!
From the moment we arrived until we reluctantly checked out we were treated like Royalty. A Champagne reception, our bags carried all over the place by the porter, friendly smiling staff who always say hello and don't just scuttle past you, beautiful public spaces/pool area/balconies, and our room always immaculate when we returned from our days exploring around the island. Obviously the views are incredible, breathtaking as well, but this hotel is so much more than that!
Don't believe any of the rubbish reviews you read about this place, i have just sat here creased with laughter at some peoples comments; someone complaining about having a real metal key instead of an electronic one was my personal favourite, and cracked marble?!?!? What a bunch of loonies!
Yes, of course there are steps here, the hotel is on the side of a cliff! But whoever wrote that his 24 year old ultra fit, hill walking wife found them difficult must be on crack. I'm a 27 year old, 5'8'', fifteen stone (technically obese) pasty Englishman who hasn't exercised for well over a year, and I had no problem. Honestly it gets me so angry that these people winge about the most ridiculous things.
Our special thanks must go to Peggy and Themistocles for their excellent, unbiased recommendations and opinions of restaurants/car hire/boat trips etc that made our honeymoon so fantastic, cheers guys! We will definitely return and will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.
Toby and Nicola Cruse. North Yorkshire, England.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece