A hotel, set right on the cliff-side, dug out of the rock, with cave-dwelling type rooms with all the mod cons and balconies just hanging above the volcanic caldera with a view of the still active volcano that will take your breath away. The swimming pool starts from inside a cave, continues out onto the balcony and then overflows at the cliff side. Each room is unique, with protruding rocks inside it and beds made out of the rock. The food is way above average and the service is everything you could wish for. "Chromata" in Greek means "Colors" and that is what you get: pure blue from the sea, pure turquise from the sky, pure white from the buildings and pure charcoal-grey from the rock. Prepare to fall in love with Santorini, Greece and Life itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Splendia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece