“Yet again heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars

Regina Mare Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in Imerovigli
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Yet again heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Every year since 2001 we have stayed at this hotel some years twice, I know that everyone is different, I have even asked my friends before we found this hotel why do you go back to the same place ,same hotel year after year.
Well now I know the answer sometimes the people the place and in this case especially the view you waken up to every day makes you come back year after year.
Well worth a try someday I think you will like it.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have private balconys all rooms have a/c in them
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed there last month and we had the most amazing view of Santorini. This is the place to be for enjoying mother nature's goodness. The hotel was lovely too, and importantly clean. Our host was helpful and friendly and also upgraded our room whic hwas excellent. We had trouble initially trying to locate the hotel as it is down the cliff, but once we know where it was, it was no problem at all. Definitely recommend Regina Mare if planning to stay at Imerovigli. The only downside I could think of is the access to the hotel, be warn that it is quite a hassle to walk up and down the stairs to the main road so ensure you have everything you need before leaving the hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floor with private balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was in Regina Mare hotel for a short visit that made me thinking of going back very soon and for more days. It 's an amazing place to stay with absolutely perfect views, a very polite an helpful stuff, an amazing breakfast, very clean and with very cozy rooms. I totally recommend it to everybody who is thinking about visiting Santorini.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pembrokeshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just got back from a very relaxing break in Santorini. The hotel, staff, views and food were really good. Imerovigili is a beautiful place to stay, but not for people who are disabled as there are hundreds of steps to and from Fira. Our hotel was very clean, had really helpful, friendly staff and lovely breakfasts, it was hard not to eat to much. The walk to Oia is a must. The volcano and Akrotiri Trips very interesting. We would highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: The double rooms are quite small, so one of the bigger rooms would make your stay more comfortable
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Greeks”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 NEW My family and I stayed at Krokos Villas at the end of June 2012 and we absolutely loved it! Our rooms were perfect for what we were looking for and very clean. Our balcony was amazing. We had breakfast outside every morning on the balcony. The breakfast was one of the best breakfasts we ever had as they were homeade daily each morning. Thalia and all the staff were so kind and amazingly generous with everything that we needed. Thalia made the best food ever and we endulged on the breakfast every morning as there was more than enough to choose from that we had ever seen. Coming from a Greek family myself they were very much like my own as they were very warm and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat and go back again to the same place. The only thing that might be challenging for someone is the stairs but the wonderful staff take your luggage up and down the stairs themselves for you. The prices were also very reasonable for Santorini as this was my second time going. If you ever go to Santorini i would recommend this hotel hands down!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Let me start by saying that the taxi/bus drop off for the regina mare hotel is a bit far away from the hotels entrance...either we could walk down approx 50 stairs to reach the hotel or take a long sloping road to reach the hotel. My parents (65 plus age) were a bit hassled and disappointed with this climbing/walk....but this was soon forgotten when we saw the rooms/view and the kind of hospitality we received, read on...
The view from the pool/breakfast area is stunning...as mentioned in all the other reviews....i have not stayed at any better view hotel in my life... the website photos do not do enough justice to the actual place ! The hotel is located just 5 minute taxi ride (5 euro one way) to fira and 20 minute taxi ride (20 euro one way) to oia. We loved the calmness, the view and the sunset from this hotel and would certainly go back there if we do travel to santorini again !
We were a family of 6 adults who were in rooms around the pool area but were the superior rooms...and we enjoyed the sunsets much better than the time we had watching from oia town.
We were warmly welcomed by the entire staff at arrival and were given welcome drinks and amazing delicacies. They also informed us that they had taken special care in ordering breakfast for my parents during our stay (we had informed them earlier that my parents are diabetic and required low calorie food) This was a nice and personalised touch as no other city hotel took this much care.
They prepared some delicious vegetarian pizzas and couple of other dishes for our dinner on the first night and the food/cooking/presentation was just excellent...yum yum.
It was my birthday on the very next day of arrival and the hotel had organised a flower bouquet and a huge cake for me...this was very touching, and the cake was simply divine ! As we had gone early in the morning for a full day volcano/hot springs tour, and came back late at night, the manager stayed back till 11pm (instead of leaving for her home at 8pm) just to greet me for my birthday and to hand over the cake and flowers to me ! This is what i call TOP CLASS hospitality, and i salute the entire staff at Regina Mare. Special thanks to the manager there, i guess her name is karolina (sorry about the short memory)
On the day of our departure, we had to leave the hotel at 8am for the airport, the entire kitchen staff came 1 hour early so that they could serve (large spread) breakfast to us at 7.30 (usual breakfast time is 8am onwards) This was also very touching... I have never experienced such warm hospitality in my travels to over 20 countries !!!

I would rank this hotel as number 1 in the area, met with some german and british (travellers staying at the same hotel) who had been to santorini 6 times and 8 times respectively and they were staying at the regina mare for their first time, and even they said that they had never experienced such hospitality and had such great views from the other hotels they had stayed in the past !!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Folegandros, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were both quite nervous on our arrival, unsure as to what to expect having spent so much time researching hotels for the first stint of our honeymoon. However we had no reason to be at all, we were in the already mentioned room 5, and the photos on the website do not do it justice. The room is one of the higher rooms with the most incredible views from the balcony, and the bed! The bathroom is a shower room made from cool dark stone. We spent 4 nights there and everything was perfect, the breakfast and lunch was incredible - never before has chocolate cake and potato dauphanoise been served up at breakfast but as homemade delights alongside all the fruit, eggs and other treats it was irresistible. The warm welcome, lovely pool and the fact it is not overlooked by the cliff side path make this is an absolute must. Go!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Regina Mare Hotel? Share your experiences!