“The Perfect Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gold Suites

You added Gold Suites to your Saves list
Gold Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli Thira, Imerovigli 84700, Greece (Formerly Andromeda Gold Suites)   |
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Imerovigli
Stamford, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked this hotel after researching SLH hotels in Santorini. We wanted to be located near to Thira but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of a busy town. This hotel certainly met our criteria. The great thing about this hotel is that it isn´t overlooked, unlike most of the other hotels in Imerovigli. The walk into town is fabulous and takes approximately 20 minutes.
We opted for a Junior Suite when we booked and were allocated a fantastic room (Room number 1) The views from this room are stunning, you get to enjoy the sunsets over Oia every day! The room was tastefully decorated and was always clean and tidy.
The staff really made this a wonderful holiday for us, they really couldn´t have done any more. We were greeted by Miss Peggy and a welcome glass of Cava on arrival. When I commented how much I had liked the wine, she made a point of writing down the name of it for me. The waiters were very friendly and attentive, nothing was ever too much trouble. We were even treated to a special feast of a breakfast on our last day. The fact that you can enjoy your breakfast on the balcony every morning, rather than having to go down to a communal dining area, is a fabulous bonus. We were offered the Deluxe Suite for the second week of our holiday, but to be honest we loved the fact we had our own private jacuzzi on the balcony that we declined the offer. We mentioned to Miss Peggy that the only thing that was missing from the balcony was a nice candle for the evenings. When we returned later on the staff had put a lantern outside for us.
This is a very unique and special hotel and is ideal for couples on a romantic break. We really can´t wait to come back!

Room Tip: Room 1 has a jacuzzi on the balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here in August for 1 week. The suite, balcony, view, hot tub, bed, bathroom ALL excellent. The staff are very friendly and eating breakfast on the balcony every day was a real treat. We received ice cream on arrival and the room was always kept clean and tidy. However the cleaning staff never intruded and seemed to wait until you went out! There is nothing I can fault about this hotel except that it would have been nice to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Although there is a coffee machine there was no milk provided in the fridge although this could be ordered from room service. This really is the only feedback I could give. Everything else, completley perfect. Thankyou!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is amazing and the staff very friendly ... Excellent location .. We stay for one week in the deluxe suite, great experience . Room very well clean and conserved ... A perfect place for relax and recharge the batteries ...

• Stayed September 2012
Collinsville, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews and the fact that it was part of the SLH. (small luxury hotel group in the world). Therefore, my expectations were that this would truly be a very special upscale hotel. Here is my experience:
I arrived before check-in. But still had to wait until 2:40 to be shown to my room. Check-in is 2:00.
Initially, the room looked okay, there is effort to give the room a romantic ambiance, but I was a solo traveler and didn't care about that. Within seconds, I noticed stained chairs, stained pillow shams, a torn pillow, stains on floor and dirt on walls. I called to complain and the desk clerk came in and said that although the chairs looked dirty they do have them dry cleaned but aren't able to do so in between every guests. He suggested that the stains were "probably wine". Some of the stains were dark. I could not shake the feeling that if some things were so obviously "stained" according to the hotel, but "dirty" in my eyes, what else was not clean? Also, I never could get Wi-Fi to work in my room, had to go out on the patio where it was hot or very windy. I tried to order room service and was told what I wanted was not available as they had put tomorrows menu in the rooms early! I was comped with some mango sorbet, and then finally got what I ordered once I talked to the chef. I also read the guest book that said I should use a "special" card" to have my linens changed. After a thorough look around the room, I never did find the "special card" so I feel sure that my linens were probably not cleaned during my visit.
Another thing I was not told was that the transportation provided by the hotel through "NST" would be charged to my bill. Upon pick-up from the port, I gave the driver 20 Euro and he pocketed the CASH. I was surprised when the charge showed up on my bill, the desk clerk had to called the company to make sure I paid cash to the driver. I don't know what happened but the charge was taken off my final bill. Usually, a hotel of supposedly this caliber provides free transportation or at least they should have let me know not to pay the driver in advance. I did address my complaints to Peggy, the manager, who called me and told me "she came back to the hotel in the evening, just to address my complaints. During our phone conversation she assured me that she would not have anything in the room that wasn't clean. We seemed to have a misunderstanding that if something is stained, it is presumed unclean, she did not take my view. When I have guests stay at my home, I may have stained linen and torn pillows, but if I do, ( which I don't) I am not going to put it in the guests room and keep assuring them it's clean, as Peggy kept doing with me. Since she told me she came back to the hotel to address my concerns, I invited her to the room to show her, but she did not come down. She just kept assuring me that my room was clean. I asked her when was the last time she was even in this room, she didn't answer, but said that guests check in and out at such a fast pace. Isn't that a hotel? To me this was an admission that the room was not clean. Also, the chandelier that hung from the ceiling looked as if it was coming out of the ceiling. Again, not what I expected to see in this caliber of a hotel. I paid 169 Euro for the Junior Suite and I would not stay at this hotel again for these reasons. However, to be fair, the staff is very attentive and discreet and are clearly given autonomy to make decisions within their realm. The bed was super comfy and I did sleep well despite thoughts of unclean bedding. The view is stupendous and the breakfast was very good. I stayed in several hotels while in Greece and with the exception of GOLD SUITES, all of them were exceptionally clean. Thus making Gold Suites a big disappointment. I have enclosed photos for your review to make your own decisions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon and loved every minute of it from check in to check out. Everyone at the hotel was so nice and accommodating. It made it very hard to leave! We definitely recommend this hotel. Perfect location- Imerovigli is walking distance to the heart of Fira via a walking path with amazing views. It's secluded enough that the hotel doesn't get too much foot traffic or noise. Very beautiful room with tons of space. Pool area was very relaxing and the views can't be beat. George the bartender was so nice! Loved every moment of our stay.Can't wait to come back one day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I decided to write my first review because I thought that I should let everyone know that Gold Suites is a stunning place to stay. Great views, sooo friendly staff, we had a beautiful suite with gold details and large bathroom. The sunsets and views are absolutely breathtaking. The customer care at this hotel is unique. Everything was perfect, from the in room breakfast on your private balcony, to the everyday recommendations and arrangements. Congratulations to the manager Peggy (you can tell that she really adores her job) and her team for making our honeymoon so memorable and taking great care of us. Thank you!!!!

Room Tip: I think that all the rooms have privacy and views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights at the Gold Suites in August.
The rooms are really well designed and all come with million dollar views.
The breakfast in the room is good but usually cool.
Staff are all extremely helpful.
It is a bit of a walk into Santorini but we did it everyday. The bus stop is just down the road though.
All in all a beautiful hotel in a good location.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gold Suites? Share your experiences!