“One of the best sailing trips :)” 5 of 5 stars

+30 2286 021370
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspired and headed by Mr Ioannis Renieris, the Santorini Sailing Center was established in 1991, offering a wide choice in both sailing crafts and sailing routes.Wether for a few hours around Santorini or a few days cruising the Greek islands, the 4 Yachts and the Crew of the Sailing Center, guarantee you an experience you will never forget.
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best sailing trips :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Fantastic cruise around Santorini island, while having the opportunity to see waters, volcano, secret beaches and of course the lovely Greek sunset! The overall ambiance of the journey was fantastic with lots of time to enjoy the sun, Greek waters and food. I had the chance to meet both captains Manolis and Michalis and they are great, passioned and quite experienced in leading such cruises! Nice and warm atmosphere during my stay and also had the chance to swim as well! Such beautiful memories from this! I fully recommend Santorini Sailing Center to anyone interested in such unforgettable experiences!

Visited August 2012

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Best day ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

One of the best things to do in Santorini is to get a cruise to see the beautiful waters around the island and the volcano as well! He had a great time thanks to the team of Santorini Sailing Center, Michalis is the best captain ever!!!! I highly recommend it to anyone interested in that.. it is one of the most beautiful experiences you might have.. just relax and they will take care of you.. See you next summer!

Visited July 2012
Milano
“Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice place with volcano and sunset view!
traditional tastes on a good price.
try the dishes of the day!

Visited November 2012
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
12 attraction reviews
“Sailing off into the sunset - ahhhhhhhh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

7 of us got a private cruise on a beautiful, if slightly old sail boat named Angelica. Our captain Manolo and his first mate Eva were excellent. Warm, welcoming, competent and very attentive to our every need.

Due to the somewhat rough seas, one of us got quite sea sick, but with the kind help (anti-seasickness pills, lemon wedges and copious amounts of fresh water) of the crew, my friend was comforted and we were able to continue on what turned out to be a lovely half day on the Agean seas around Santorini.

My only complaint was that contrary to what I had been told (and also read on the brochure), the otherwise lovely on board BBQ did not include grilled shrimps.

This is my sixth time visiting Santorini but the first time I've gone on a cruise - I so wish I had done so on each of my previous 5 trips. It was beautiful.

Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
“Think Tuquoise Waters with Santorini Sailing Center!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Much to my surprise, there were only 3 passengers on the day of my sailing (June 28, 2012), myself and a couple from Scandinavia with a crew of 4 (including the captain) so plenty of service for us all the way around. The pickup/transfer from the Matina Hotel in Kamari was right on time. The catamaran was sleek and spotless (and one of the crew will be sure to show you how to use the WC). We were asked for our shoes once boarding so barefoot is the fashion of the day. Likewise, we were asked for our drink choices early on, and our thirst was soon replenished with a variety of choices. Btw, before I forget, don't miss a photo op at the wheel. We sailed past Red Beach and then sailed on for a swim stop near White Beach. Water temp was cool but refreshing and they offer goggles and fins if you like which makes it a bit easier to maneuver in the water. Not much fish to see but the crystal blue turquoise water against the white rugged cliffs is intoxicating so tip: bring an underwater camera with you. After White Beach we sailed on and around the lighthouse and into the Caldera where is was a bit less windy and not as wavy (though I love riding the waves). We continued over the the volcano and stopped for a swim in the sulpher springs. This was a spot I had not been before and I don't know if the springs were just "cookin" that day or not but it was very warm the full length of the cove and not much of a swim in deep cooler water to access the cove before the water warmed up. (Another tip: wear a dark suit as the sulfur could change white to orange!) It was nice to have the flippers again to swim a bit faster to the warm/hot water plus they provide floating tubes for buoyancy...so effort is minimal. Next up was a short sail to our lunch spot for more swimming while our meal was being grilled and what a feast it was...wayyyyy too much for 3 people! We had grilled beef sausage, fish, & chicken, with grilled veggies like mushrooms, eggplant, & tomatoes, along with bread and various Greek dips in addition to a wonderful Greek salad. Then on the way sailing back a big platter of cut fresh fruit for dessert, more drink choices, etc...excellent! There was ample room to lounge around on the catamaran netting and great photo ops there but one problem I found going back was trying to stay awake to take it all in because I was soooo relaxed! I would definitely do this sail again and thought it was a good value for the service, food choices, and experience of riding on such a beautiful vessel. I will be adding photos soon, for a better visual!

Visited June 2012