“Csky was closed in July 2014 when I was there due to owner's death” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Csky Hotel

You added Csky Hotel to your Saves list
Csky Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3rd km road Imerovigli - Oia, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in Imerovigli
4.5 of 5 stars 30 Reviews
Houston, Texas
“Csky was closed in July 2014 when I was there due to owner's death”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I loved Csky, and returned to Santorini for my honeymoon. I wanted to show my fiance the property and asked some locals about Csky and actually found a local that attended school with Panos in Athens when they were boys. Apparently the owner Panos passed away due to cancer, rather quickly. I was told that the bank has foreclosed on the property and the property was closed when we were there last month. I see another reviewer asked two months ago about not being able to contact the hotel, which is in line with what we were told.
Prior to posting this, I checked to see if I could book a room there, and an on line website claims they booked a room yesterday and that there was "only one room left" for the fake dates I put in for next week. Maybe someone has bought Csky, but I would say... buyer beware and confirm that they are open for business. I hope someone does buy Csky and continues the operation. It was the most beautiful spot in Santorini, (just too far away to walk to anything).

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

It was our prewedding trip and it was unforgetable. The huge room, the private terrace with lovely view, the swimming pool which I remember always))) It was so fantastic days. If you want to forget about all you can stay here and enjoy your time.
The hotel is not close to the villages you can use only taxi or to rent a car. But this location is good as there is no people inside, no people outside...
You can ask the breakafast in your room or near to swimming pool, but as for lunch you can wait for a long time as the waiter will go to the nearest shop to buy products))
I will be back here in future with big pleasure!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I don't want this to sound like a negative review. My wife and I found CSky on trip advisor and have been extremely excited to stay. We booked the room on a their reservation site and received a confirmation number. Since we are traveling from such a far distance and because we noticed minimal review activity since last year we wanted to confirm our reservation and also request a non smoking suite.

We have attempted to email, Facebook message and call CSky with no response. Our payment has not been processed and we are getting worried because the trip is Next month.

Should we consider making reservations somewhere else??? We really want to stay with CSky.

Thanks.

Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Csky was so good last year that we returned this summer and this showed us why this hotel is so special.
The owner Panos has created this stunning hotel over many years with love,care and attention.
The hotel has 9 stunning suites all with ultimate privacy. Ours was a two floor suite with rooftop jacuzzi with breathtaking views of the sunrise,sunset and stars.
Next year we will have to go for the suite with its own swimming pool and full panoramic window built into the rock.
What also makes this place a must stay destination is the staff starting with Katerina who joined this year and Luziano who is one fantastic guy picking us up at the airport & looking after our every need with a smile through to the lovely lady who made us breakfast each day.
As we were leaving today VIP guests arrived at the hotel by helicopter as the hotel has its own helipad.....very cool indeed and added to that we then took the helicopter for a tour of the island with the pilot dropping us at the airport to catch our flight.All this was organised by the hotel at the last minute-I can't think of many hotels that would sort this.
So to sum Csky up in a few words......a must stay, exquisite hotel with exceptional staff and management.
Panos,you should be very proud of this achievement and I can see how much love you have put into this-well done

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Heraklion, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you are looking for an amazing luxury hotel in Santorini, Csky is the one you are looking for!
Amazing sea view, excelant cuisine, elegant suites and very good service.The staff was realy helful and the hotel well designed!

Room Tip: the view from the Suites is so nice, you will be suprised.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was awful! We arrived to the hotel and was pushed into his office to sign papers and then after showing us the room he was entertaining 2 lady friends and swimming in the pool and drinking wine with them! This was appalling! After this we decided to have room service for dinner, we ordered at 7pm and was advised that they had call the chef back to cook our food. An hour later he came over to advise he was still waiting for the chef and he wouldn't much later - 15min later the staff member re took our ordered - I ordered a chicken without pineapple and a cheese burger. Another 30min later they arrived with our food, the salad arrived with pineapple in it and I requested it not to be and the burger arrived burnt as a crisp and we couldn't eat it! In the morning we ordered breakfast the housemaid could not speak English, so the same staff member came up to us asking what we would like to order, this upsetting for a 5 star hotel - it's more like a 2 star! The room was disgusting as well. Penos was sleazy and very unprofessional, we did not feel comfortable staying there so we left after paying 4,000 Erou for 1 night instead of staying for week. Very upsetting. Do not recommend staying there.

• Stayed August 2012
cskySantorini, Owner at Csky Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Ladies!
Thanks for coming at CSky,and were very sorry disapointing you!...May be you dont know that arriving in a hotel,first you have to register:so we did not push you in my office,just we welcome you at the reception offering 2 glasses of champain La Grande Dame,Veuve Clickot 2008.
You signed up your registration and your receipts of payment as you used your Credit Card!
You had a very special offer for your Superior Suite at 2990 euro instead of 3920,in full prepayment & no refundable, with condition to be paid till end of Mai,finally you paid few days before your arrival on September!.....I upgrade for free your accommodation upon your arrival to a Deluxe Suite (4900 euro)...Regarding your food menu:you were advised that Full Restaurant Menu is served from 8-10 pm,and you. ask dinner at 7pm:.Your order was not good for your taste:there is nothing more easy to complain on this moment,,it would be our pleasure replacing the dish you did not like,some time hapen,the Burger you ordered be cooked in a differnt way that you are used even if it is considerate as junk food....In any case we did not at all charge all your dinner!....We did not charge the full Rate for the first night. as it was extra!..I am really surprised as I did not know that I dont have the right to swim and drink Champain in my Hotel with my guests (those 2 ladies at pool,were paying 2000 euro/night for their Villa) and please kindlly note that Csky is not a City Hotel to wear Black Tie!...The day after we offered to you a free car transfer to Oia (we charge 50 euro) as the Taxi was too late and you didnt want to hire a car as all our guest are used to do!....And we have been all surprised with the angry & unpolite way you left the hotel!...Dear Ladies something else happened,I dont find any reason to be so rude!...I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holidays.and having best memories from Santorini!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I have been visiting Santorini for 20 years but CSky has taken my breath away. Yes there are plenty of beautiful hotels on the island but Panos who owns and runs the hotel has created a true gem in a perfect location being an equal distance between Oia and Fira meaning you stay in an exotic position but only 10-15 mins in a cab from the wonders of the island.
You can tell how much love and hard work Panos has put into Csky. It took him 16 years to get permission and build this hotel which has the most epic views of the sunset & caldera but also 360 degree views of the island and sea. I rose to watch the amazing sunrise and in the evening watched the sun go down all from my private terrace in my private jacuzzi which sat on top of my suite. The range of suites range from stunning to draw dropping panoramic windows and private pools!
The hotel was full but the sense of privacy mean that you felt that you were the only ones being cared for.
The food was exquisite and the chef will pretty much cook whatever you would like.
The only problem was that we had to leave :-(
Panos should really be commended for fulfilling his dream and letting us share it.......we look forward to spending time here in the coming years.

Ben Moss London

• Stayed September 2012
cskySantorini, Owner at Csky Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Ben & Ali
Thanks for your really kind letter!.....I have been glad and hapy,hosting people as you 2,a very young ,respectfull and handsome amazing couple!..I wish that all your "future trips in life"will be full of hapiness ,for you and for your kids & families!.....A frozen Vodka with 0 cola will be always ready for you!....C U next time...soon!.....Panos

Been to Csky Hotel? Share your experiences!