“Stay here and you WON'T regret it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aenaon Villas

You added Aenaon Villas to your Saves list
Aenaon Villas
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Imerovigli, Santorini | Main Road between Fira and Oia, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Stay here and you WON'T regret it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Aenaon Villas May 4-7 for our honeymoon, during a two week vacation in Greece. Although it is pricier than other places we could have stayed, we were SO glad we got to experience Aenaon Villas. It is truly an extraordinary boutique. When we arrived, George and Alexandra made us feel welcome right away. They were so happy to meet us, and they were talkative, helpful, and informative upon arrival. We enjoyed talking to them, especially since their English is quite good. They told us upon arrival that they were upgrading us for free to the nicer boutiques that were available. I was quite delighted! The two boutiques we stayed at were just fabulous. I would say all of the villas are just AWESOME and you can't go wrong with any of them. George designed the villas himself and oversaw its construction, and he and Alexandra were meticulous with every single detail in its design and decoration. You cannot fault a single thing about the villas, the pool area, the hospitality, the breakfasts, and the views are UNBEATABLE. Dennis was our service person, and he was subtle, unobtrusive, but always there when you needed him. He was quite delightful as well, and gave outstanding customer service. Our breakfasts were out of this world GOOD. We could choose from a long menu of items whatever we wanted, as much as we wanted, and every item we tasted was soooo good. Breakfast was the highlight of the day. The pool is just gorgeous and serene. Every piece of furniture is heavy duty, quality material. The peaceful, relaxing atmosphere is unlike any other place in Fira or Oia...the villas are located in the perfect position, secluded, with a view of both the caldera and ocean sides, but close to both Fira and Oia. There is also a hiking trail right next to the villas, which is really nice. George and Alexandra also arranged for an ATV rental, which was super fun. When it was time to leave, Alexandra offered to take us to the port in her own car, which was just so nice and hospitable. I just cannot speak highly enough of Aenaon Villas! I haven't been able to stop talking about it since coming back to the States. We will definitely be back, and next time we go to Greece, we won't bother with the other islands we went to this go around but stay in Santorini even longer. Stay here, spend the extra $, and you won't regret it!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the villas here, but the villas opening up to the pool are awesom...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is the best place we stayed in.
Combination of location, quality, style of everything that is around you, hospitality of the owners and staff is unbeatable.
The view from the complex is the best on the island. Every morning you wake up, open the doors of your villa and... you just can't believe it is real.
We planned to rent a car but after we tried bus service we canceled our car booking. You can get to Oia and Imperovigli easily by bus in 10 minutes.
If we go (I think we will) to Santorini we will definitely choose Aenaon Villas again.
I can say a lot more but words will not describe reality. If you are thinking where to stay in Santorini and you like what you see on the pictures - just go there. It's real.
Many thanks to Alexandra and George for making our stay feel like home.
P.S. Denis is incredible!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

It is perfect palce to stay.
Facilities, service, hospitality, it is needless to explain.
All of people there must be my freineds now.
When we had earthquake in Japan in 2011, they sent e-mail to me to know how we were.
You can make Greece freinds when you stay there.
I trust this hotel and people changed my life.

Room Tip: Any room is perfect. Up to you, budget, how many people. etc.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have always wanted to visit Greece and after getting engaged to the love of my life who is also Greek, we decided to take a holiday and visit the Greek islands. We can across Aenaon Villas on Tripadvisor and just had to visit. In the interim after booking, they had won the 2012 Traveler's Choice award and now again 2013!! We were star struck when we arrived, well let me rather say, it took our breath away - the views, the setting, the look of the villas - all of this just made life come to a stand still. It has this magical feeling of both privacy and serenity and it then that we decided we have to return! After experiencing the excellent service from the staff and witnessing the hands on approach of the owners - they have the ability to predict what it is that you may need or want before you do, and still are not intrusive - we then decided, this is where we will have to return with our nearest and dearest to exchange our vows, and this will be happening very soon! We cannot wait to be laying beside the infinity pool, one of the best views in the world, and enjoying the decadent breakfast overlooking the caldera and just spending as much time as possible at one of the best spots in the world. Thank you George and Alexandra for all your help thus far organising our private ceremony and we cannot wait to return!!! Thank you Tripadvisor for leading us to this amazing space!

Room Tip: To be honest, you can stay on any side of the property, the experience is equally amazing as you alw...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in the Villas in October 2012 with my wife for a week.

Without doubt one of the nicest weeks holiday that we have had.

From start to finish the week was one of rest and relaxation.

The staff are excellent. The owners are a couple who clearly care for their visitors and are very warm and welcoming. Do not hestitate to ask their opinions on the best places to eat/drink/visit or arrange things for you. They made our trip so much better, as we were always recommended great places, that we would have never known/found without asking.

Denis and the other staff who work there are superb. Denis who is around the villas is able to provide drinks at anytime and has an ability to pop up just when you need anything.

The villas themselves are of a very high standard, the pool is great and it is all very tastefully done. The veiws are breathtaking. My wife and I stayed around the villas sunbathing all day and went out to nearby towns in the evenings, which are a quick cab ride away.

Breakfast was very good and lots of choice

I would have no hesitation in staying here again, I don't think I would even consider staying elsewhere on the island if we were return (hopefully we do).

The Villas/location themselves are excellent, but the owners/staff are the ones that made our trip so good, with their passion for the Villas, your enjoyment, all done without being overbearing.

10/10

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Southwest Ranches, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I kept delaying my review because I felt I needed hours to write something that would do our experience justice. Because of my busy work schedule I just haven't had hours to do it, but I must review this place. By the time you leave the owners will feel like dear friends you don't want to say goodbye to. The location, the food, the accommodations, the sincerity and amazing level of service from every person who works there is unparalleled. I can't say enough positive things. This place will always have a special place on our heart and we cannot wait to return!

The breakfast is amazing!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Aenaon Villas WOW, what a breathtaking place of paradise! I honestly don’t know where to begin, because this has been the best place my husband and I have ever stayed at, and we have definitely stayed in a few.
We stayed at Aenaon Villas in September for six days as we were getting married on the beautiful island of Santorini and we wanted to stay somewhere very special that one day we would come back to.

We arrived very early in the morning, way before check-in time and we were a bit nervous coming so early and felt pretty terrible and yet the moment we arrived the owners George and Alexandra welcomed us with open arms and made us feel like they were meeting us as family. Because of our early arrival our room wasn’t ready at that time, however we didn’t mind one bit because George and Alexandra were so sweet, kind and hospitable in every way. They still offered us to freshen up and we were able to have showers, enjoyed a cup of coffee with yummy chocolate stuffed pastry and we got to relax and enjoy good company getting acquainted.
Later, George showed us around the place, showing us the breathtaking Caldera views and the infinity pool which all looked so unbelievably amazing and picturesque that you found yourself catching your breath because for a moment it all felt so unbelievably beautiful and perfect that you wondered if you were actually, really seeing what was in front of you or were you dreaming. But then you breathe, and realize that what you are seeing, is really in front of you, and that is just utter beauty!

We stayed in the Villa Zanetti, which was very private and beautiful, perfectly white, very spacious and with a private veranda looking out to the amazing Aegean Sea. The villa was immaculately cleaned, twice a day by two very lovely ladies. Actually the whole grounds, including the pool were cleaned and refreshed every day by the amazing and sweet Dennis, everything was absolutely perfect and spotless, honestly it was remarkable!
Every morning we ate a huge, delicious breakfast of your choice on the cliff by the pool overlooking the magnificent Caldera, which was just spectacular.
Every day our room had fresh, beautiful flowers, different assortments of fruit and we were given a delicious complimentary Santorini wine for our wedding. When it actually came to our wedding day George and Alexandra oh my god… Went above and beyond to have everything perfect for us, I couldn’t believe how amazing they were. They even picked up my wedding dress and the shirts for my husband and the best man from the dry cleaners. They spoiled us with a beautiful champagne and coffee. Anything we wanted we got. This is just one of the many reasons why my husband and I fell in love with this people. They were just so kind, generous and sweet in every way and I can see why people continue to come back.

Everyone has said to us to make sure and visit Oia as it has the best sunset but on our last night in Santorini all of our wedding guests and family came to our hotel and we all relaxed by the pool overlooking the Caldera and we got to see what we thought was an even better sunset, and we couldn’t believe it that we didn’t have to go anywhere at all to experience one of the best sunsets ever!

Anyone who is lucky enough to hear George’s story of how the Aenaon Villas became to be, will soon realize and see that this place was designed with architectural passion and much love, and that in it’s self makes this place so much more special to visit.
We can’t recommend this place highly enough! My husband and I can’t wait to come back again as we will forever hold these people and Aenaon Villas dear to our hearts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aenaon Villas? Share your experiences!