This hotel is really, really good. It´s not the best hotel I have ever been to but its definitevely worth a trip. I wouldn´t stay here for a whole week though. I changed the hotel after 4 days and went to Andronis Luxury Suites, I decided that before I made the trip.
Here some facts:
What I really didnt like:
-the toilet is almost in the middle of the room with no curtains or door! That means if you aren´t really comfortable going to the toilet in front of your partner he or she has to leave the room and wait on the terrace...which might be too much asked for in the middle of the night :)
- There are only around 10 sunloungers around the pools...which are occupied from the morning on (they put their towels there at 6 am in the morning I think, like Germans :). So if you haven´t got a room with a private jacuzzi this might get on your nerves quite soon!
Things I really liked:
- The food is really good, although the breakfast could really be better. The prices aren´t too expensive. Main courses at lunch around 12-15 €, dinner around 20-30€. The food is international and greek.
-We got an uprgade to the most expensive room with a private terrace and jacuzzi and I must say: I wouldn´t like to stay here without it, so this was the best thing that happened to us. If you book this hotel: pay the price for this room, otherwise you will probably regret it. Note that the other room are party directly in front of the pool and everybody can look in (if you didnt close all curtains), no privacy at all!!
- the infinity pool is a bit small but the view is amazing and the pool itself beautiful.
-the furnishing and design is really beautiful and island-style with a lot of light colours
In general: the hotel is really good if you want to chill and hide. Here you can be by yourself if you book the private terrace. People here are pretty much of all ages and nationalities, although it seems like here are a lot English people. The staff is really nice and friendly, although some of them don´t understand a single word of English (housekeepers, poolboys, technicans etc. but I think thats normal!) People here aren´t too stylish which I like since you can be comfortable whatever you wear :) (which is a contrast if you already have that in your day to day life).
you have free internet access with wlan and it works really good. We had a lot of power breakdowns though.
And it really hot here in July: Up to 34 degrees, which is far too hot for me. It might be much more relaxing to come in September or May.
Ah, and don´t forget to bring stuff against mosquitos. We had like 15 of them in our room the first day.
I hope I could help!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Twenty six luxurious suites, harmonically crafted into the encompassing interior of the rock, merge into shapes following the earth's own command. Façades covered with red solidified lava and black volcanic stones, outdoor lounges full of comfort and uninterrupted views to the Caldera... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Splendia, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your San Antonio Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Antonio Hotel Santorini
- San Antonio Suites Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece