“Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Antonio Suites

You added San Antonio Suites to your Saves list
San Antonio Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Imerovigli | Outside Imerovigli on the way to Oia, Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Imerovigli
Hamburg, Germany
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel is really, really good. It´s not the best hotel I have ever been to but its definitevely worth a trip. I wouldn´t stay here for a whole week though. I changed the hotel after 4 days and went to Andronis Luxury Suites, I decided that before I made the trip.

Here some facts:

What I really didnt like:

-the toilet is almost in the middle of the room with no curtains or door! That means if you aren´t really comfortable going to the toilet in front of your partner he or she has to leave the room and wait on the terrace...which might be too much asked for in the middle of the night :)

- There are only around 10 sunloungers around the pools...which are occupied from the morning on (they put their towels there at 6 am in the morning I think, like Germans :). So if you haven´t got a room with a private jacuzzi this might get on your nerves quite soon!

Things I really liked:

- The food is really good, although the breakfast could really be better. The prices aren´t too expensive. Main courses at lunch around 12-15 €, dinner around 20-30€. The food is international and greek.

-We got an uprgade to the most expensive room with a private terrace and jacuzzi and I must say: I wouldn´t like to stay here without it, so this was the best thing that happened to us. If you book this hotel: pay the price for this room, otherwise you will probably regret it. Note that the other room are party directly in front of the pool and everybody can look in (if you didnt close all curtains), no privacy at all!!

- the infinity pool is a bit small but the view is amazing and the pool itself beautiful.

-the furnishing and design is really beautiful and island-style with a lot of light colours

In general: the hotel is really good if you want to chill and hide. Here you can be by yourself if you book the private terrace. People here are pretty much of all ages and nationalities, although it seems like here are a lot English people. The staff is really nice and friendly, although some of them don´t understand a single word of English (housekeepers, poolboys, technicans etc. but I think thats normal!) People here aren´t too stylish which I like since you can be comfortable whatever you wear :) (which is a contrast if you already have that in your day to day life).

you have free internet access with wlan and it works really good. We had a lot of power breakdowns though.

And it really hot here in July: Up to 34 degrees, which is far too hot for me. It might be much more relaxing to come in September or May.

Ah, and don´t forget to bring stuff against mosquitos. We had like 15 of them in our room the first day.

I hope I could help!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

After arriving in Santorini and being told that the hotel we originally booked made a mistake and overbooked, and thus didn't have our room available (on our honeymoon!), they put us at San Antonio Suites. Not only was the hotel not in the area we had hoped to be in, but because of the other hotel's mistake I was determined not to like it. However, San Antonio suites is impossible not to love! Aside from having the best view on the island, the hotel's pool is the most beautiful infinity edge pool I've ever seen, the setting is truly unreal (built into the cliffs), and the hotel is beautifully appointed. Two years after our visit, I still dream about the yogurt and fruit served at their breakfast buffet, and our hikes around the surrounding mountains are some of my favorite memories. You'll need to cab or rent a car to get to the main areas of town nearby, but if you're looking for a romantic escape, this hotel is the perfect place. The suites are lovely and simply designed (characteristic of the island) and the suites with outdoor hot tubs are glorious - there's nothing like sitting in your private stone hot tub overlooking the caldera under the stars. And I usually hate jacuzzis! Also, as my husband and I are used to traveling around Europe for months at a time and are used to exhorbitant laundry prices at five star hotels, so it was a delight to have loads of laundry done for next to nothing! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful (they went out of their way all the time) and I truly cannot say enough about the setting, it is a perfectly appointed, magical hotel.

Room Tip: Splurge for the suites with private hot tubs.
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Great hotel with amazing views of the caldera. Very pleasant and helpful staff. It's in a quiet place between Oia and Fira, it's good to have a car. Short drive to picturesque Oia. Restaurant was also very good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Hotel is located between Oia and Imerovigli. It is good because it is very quiet and private, and protected by the wind, but you should rent a car to move around.
Service is very good - staff is very friendly (to us and to the other guests, as we noticed), room service twice a day. There was an offer with an immediate upgrade when we booked the hotel, and as promised this is what we got. Breathtaking views of the Caldera, especially when having breakfast, which is almost brunch.
Very romantic, definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

San Antonio Suites exceeded all expectations. We could not have wished for a better place to spend our honeymoon. The location is spectacular. Set in the mountains overlooking the Aegean sea, an amazing infinity pool, exceptional service, exquisite food and wine, five star acccomodation. All of this comes with special finishes touches that make the difference.

• Stayed June 2011
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel is the most magnificent place I have ever been!
My husband and I wanted to go to a special place for our 10th anniversary. A friend of ours who loves Greece and Santorini suggested we should go to that beautiful island for an unforgettable occasion.
And it was that…superb and unique!! We just did not want it to end!
Our suite was a small paradise…it was as if someone had taken care of even the last minor detail.
The view was extraordinary…this hotel is indeed carved in the rocks between Oia & Imerovigli and we felt like we were the only people on earth! The staff was more than polite and genuine…we even had a dinner at the hotel’s restaurant the day of our anniversary…this was a unique experience!! All these delicious and fresh dishes, the local wines, the alluring endless view…it was as romantic as our wedding day…I wish I had arranged that in San Antonio!
No hesitations for San Antonio…it is more than worth it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Think Eden East - from Couples retreat minus Marcel the host :) The hotel was literally built into the mountain. We were upgrated the first night to a suite with our own Jacuzzi looking out over the calderas. and that is not the best part - i would stay here again in a heartbeat litrerally for the breakfast - you look out onto the sea as you sip on your latt - sheer heaven! the staff was amazing and the hotel was modern, well kept and just wonderful.

Room Tip: Request a room upgrade - doesn't hurt to ask!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to San Antonio Suites? Share your experiences!