“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Santorini's Balcony

You added Santorini's Balcony to your Saves list
Santorini's Balcony
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Thira-Oia Road | On the famous Caldera, Imerovigli, Greece   |
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I chose this hotel because of its reasonable price and the cosy design. I loved the view. It's not in the center at Fira, but not so far either. Very calm if you don't want tourists to pass in front of your room like most other hotels in Fira. Excellent view over the see and the neighboring volcanic island. However, I was a bit disappointed with the bathroom. Although they wanted to keep it authentic, it could've been better.
Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

The staff are very pleasant, and the location is one of the best on the island given the proximity high on the cliffs (the highest of the cliffs). Also the location is PERFECTLY located on the trail between Imerovigli and Oia. If you like your morning walk/run this is your place. My only disappointment was in the standard of the bathrooms. With a small investment this place could be top-notch. Pool is great. Balconies fantastic. Also - dont underestimate the quality of the local taverna around the corner!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Shipley England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were met by a member of the team who took control of our suitcases and took them to the room while we were greeted by Anna who went through all paperwork and then took us to our "home" for the next week.We had room 6 which was the highest room hence the most spectacular view of the Caldera and what a view it was.Anna then proceeded to show us were everything was in the room and bathroom and said that should we have any questions anytime during our stay about anything about the Island then do not hesitate to ask but she would go through everything about both the Island,trips and places of interest the following morning.
We settled in immediately and the following morning we went for breakfast which was excellent.You could have as much or as little as you wanted and it was all served to you,no up and down from the table pushing and queuing getting half cold food.The choice was first class and with an extensive menu.
The hotel was cleaned at least once a day and we had clean towels daily with bed linen every other day,something you don't get even in your own home.
Anna and the team were on hand whenever you wanted them,nothing was ever too much trouble.To say they bent over backwards is an understatement and they made our stay even more memorable so it's a big thankyou from the both of us.
I could go on all day about how good the hotel and team were but I'm sure you get the message.
I always ask myself the same question every time I've been to a different hotel and that is should we come back to the Island then would you stay in the same hotel.The answer is a resounding yes.
Once again Anna and the team thanks a million for making our holiday so perfect.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

Satorini's balcony

Santorini's balcony is a really lovely hotel. The rooms with private hot tubs are simply stunning for a perfect view of the sunset. Anna and team are incredibly welcoming, attentive and so helpful it feels like you have a private concierge.

The hotel is well located but just far enough from the activity of Oia/Thira to feel remote at the same time. Breakfast is excellent, adopting the a la carte approach which works very well indeed. Rooms are clean and traditional, made to feel like private caves especially evident in the bathrooms.

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying on Santorini. We would also like to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to the team at Santorini's Balcony for a truly memorable time and to keep up the good work!!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Maple Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

We booked a "Junior Suite with Outdoor Private Hot Tub" for 5 nights. We got a tiny single room with a tiny luke warm Jacuzzi under the stairs with no view from the room at all. It looked like a remodeled storage room. The bed was a simple double bed, 3 inches thick, on wooden slats. I felt like a monk in paradise. We were heartbroken.

In the morning I asked the manager if a mistake had been made, as the room looked nothing like the pictures on the internet. I was told they knew the pictures on the internet were not correct, but they could not change them. I was stunned.

We asked to be moved to the room shown on the internet. We were told it was not possible, it had been sold to someone else. My only option was to move, in two days, to another room with a jacuzzi or a suite without a jacuzzi and a small refund would be applied. Frustrated, I moved in two days.

Outside on the pool deck with the amazing view, I sat with my wife listening to Anthrax "It's a Mad House" for the next three days, over and over and over. Yes, you read that right. same heavy metal song over and over.

The pool was cold, there was no jacuzzi outside either, and the internet was spotty at best.

The problem is the manager/owner. He overbooks, does not take responsibility for the misleading website, and dumps the lousy room(s)? on those who are last to arrive. What a shame. I'm sure if the room was sold as a student room instead of a "Junior Suite with Outdoor Private Hot Tub" he would have a lot less grief.

What is worse is that I saw him pull the same scam on the next unsuspecting customer as we were leaving, and I watched that poor couple have the same conversation with him. Be careful if you book here, don't be the last to arrive.

On the plus side, clearly there are some nice rooms, but we never got the one we booked. The view from the pool deck really is amazing, the restaurant around the corner is good (ask Picasso for some home made lemon raki). And Anna and the staff are really nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you paid for.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

I also read the reviews and I was thrilled and I made reservation with prepayment and expected from such a hotel to have control over their bookings. They did not even confirm my reservation from 08/25/14 to 21/09/14 but I said everything is fine. So when I requested for a shuttle service to the hotel (there are countless ways to transfer the customer to the hotel) Mrs. Anna-Celina Xenopoulou the reservation department refused to provide me with one as it was not in their provisions while a simple phone to any driver would do, not just taxis and sent me the message "what is your reservation and what is your name "! Even though I was surprised and gave both and they took ​​two days to respond and they never confirmed my booking!!! From that moment on, I was afraid that my vacation ended badly, as it was obviously about a the double booking. On the third day with no answer, of course I canceled my booking and the hotel realized their mistake and did not charge my card, which was a lame attitude.. You need to be cautious with their logistics as they are not professional in this aspect. This fact held ​​(with evidence) was unacceptable! Be careful because obviously their services are just about ornaments and lemon marmalade and you do not want to risk your holidays as I did. I was very lucky to find something decent in the vicinity although not what I had planned. In that respect my holidays were ruined.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
kuala lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

it's located at a very quiet section of imerovigli. we got upgraded to a honeymoon suite. our room is facing the caldera which is amazing beautiful. the room is clean and tidy. we even got our own jacuzzi-tub on the balcony where we can enjoy the sunset view from there. the hospitality shown by the staffs are superb; they are polite, warm and extremely helpful. breakfast is great (simple and nice).

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Santorini's Balcony? Share your experiences!