“Great Family Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Gurgaon
“Great Family Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Rhapsody Apartments at Imerovigli was a lovely surprise. We were two families with two children and had adjoining apartments. The rooms are clean and spacious with a well stocked kitchenette and a cozy bedroom and a comfortable living area with a small dining table. The apartments had a small sit out with a table and two chairs from where we had a gorgeous view of the ocean. The rooms are cleaned daily and well maintained. we had a sense of having the whole place to ourselves.
The apartments are away from the touristy areas of Fira and Oia and the beaches. There is a bus stop nearby and the main bus station at Fira is a 20 minute walk.A small well stocked bakery is a 5 minute walk away so we didn't feel isolated.Plus there was free w-fi.
Our host George was friendly and helpful, offering good suggestions about places to visit. He even drove us to the Monolithos beach nearby which is a quiet alternative to the crowded sands of Kamari and other beaches.
Rhapsody is also great value for money. If you want to party all night long and lounge at the beach through the day, this is probably not the right place. But it was a perfect little retreat for us.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited Santorini at the end of June 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Rhapsody Apartments. Perfect location at Imerovigli, away from the crowds but right across the street from the caldera and the walk with the million dollar views. There is also a fantastic view right from our apartment's terrace. This looks out towards the east side of the island. George the owner is an excellent host, extremely gracious, and he goes above and beyond to ensure that your stay is as good as it can be. All in all, a great place to stay if you are visiting Santorini.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nicosia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Very clean rooms with enough space and equipped with basics to prepare breakfast.
Excellent location in a quiet part of Imerovigli village , 5-10 min walk to caldera.
Parking place and close to bakery.

Definitely value for money.

• Stayed July 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a 3 night stay at the apartment in Imerovigli, which is a nice quiet alternative to the bustling and busy Fira and Oia. George was there to pick us up from our late Seajet 2, which was great. The apartment was very cute, with a lovely view on the balcony. George was a very helpful host. Great for the budget conscious. The bathroom was the smallest we have come across and we could not use the shower properly without flooding the floor, so we used it sparingly. We could not get any clear TV channels but that did not worry us, as we were out almost all day and night. Free WIFI a bonus! The beds were ultra firm. The apartment was cleaned every day, it was spotless and our dishes were even put away. Loved the marble floor tiles and the architecture of the apartments themselves, and there were lovely timber shutters to block out the light in the evening. Also a small clothes line for any washing you may wish to do. George arranged our transfer back to the port also. Overall a great stay for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very clean (service everyday with new towels and sheets), simple but spacious apartments, with sea view (on the non-caldera side). Also very welcoming staff and well located to be able to walk to Fira and Imerovigli. We rented ATVs to be able to get around the island. I would definitely recommend given the high quality-price ratio. Perfect for those on a budget!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The Rhapsody Apartments are fairly basic but spotlessly clean, indeed cleaned thoroughly every day, including clean towels and bedding. The facilities in the kitchenette were minimal but as we didn't do any real cooking, we managed. The bathroom was gorgeous. The location is on the quieter side of the resort but it really is only a 5 to 10 minute walk into the centre of Imerovigli with its breathtaking view over the caldera and a 20 minute walk to Fira along the coastal path. George, the apartments owner, was helpful and pleasant and was kind enough to run us to the airport to catch our flight home. A great value stay. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I want to share my personal story with you. Although I did not actually stay in this hotel but I have kept contact with the owner for two days andI made several phone calls to the owner. I felt I have to comment about the bad service and dishonest. People may not say anything when they got good service but it will keep them telling when it is bad service mouth to mouth.

I booked this hotel three times through venere.com and hotel.com, and every got comfirmation emails via Email but was told my credit card information is invalid (I tried two different credit card and I am sure at least the second time I put the right information) then I tried again through hotel.com, again I got confirmation email saying it was succeed. But many hours later I got phone call from the owner of this hotel, and he told me there is no room available for me. But he said he will check again to see whether he can find a room for me and said will call me in one hour. But the thing is that I searched the internet on booking.com, there is still available room can be booked!!! Later he did not call me until I called him, he said he is buy because of me looking for available room and he promised to call me in the evening. And I wait and wait until about 22.00, so I called him again, this time he said he have a room for me and said he will send me a message to explain everything for me, that was July 10th. So I was so relieved that I do not to worry about looking for anther hotel(where we are going to stay on July 20th and 21th). However, however, until 20.00 on July 11th, I did not got email which he promised, so I have to call him again. But this time I was told again there is no room for me that's why he did not send me the email. well, how if I did not make this phone call, will I end up with showing up on 20th but told tonight there is no room for you!!! And he said ''I was planning you call you'' when I called him the last time. Then I was so anonyed to look for the hotel on the last minute when there is so limited option!!!!!!

I was thinking about this situation, which makes the owner dishonest(one time says there is no room, the second time says there is room for you and the third time says no room). It may be because the hotel was overbooked and want to choose customers with higher booking price!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
touf-touf, Owner at Rhapsody Traditional Apartments, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Of course I will not thank you for your lies but honestly I have a very simple question for you please.
There is nothing more important in your life than to write nonsense on the web?
But what asks? Obviously you do not have something more serious to make.
learned in life you can be patient and respect ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WORKED FOR YOU.
Here in Europe it's called civilized behavior.
Anyway you comment is unfounded and the most important : you NEVER STAY HERE.
Bye bye crabbed

Been to Rhapsody Traditional Apartments? Share your experiences!