“Affordable, clean and quiet with lovely sea views” 4 of 5 stars

You added Rhapsody Traditional Apartments to your Saves list
Rhapsody Traditional Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Imerovigli 84700, Greece   |
Manchester
“Affordable, clean and quiet with lovely sea views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The Rhapsody Apartments are fairly basic but spotlessly clean, indeed cleaned thoroughly every day, including clean towels and bedding. The facilities in the kitchenette were minimal but as we didn't do any real cooking, we managed. The bathroom was gorgeous. The location is on the quieter side of the resort but it really is only a 5 to 10 minute walk into the centre of Imerovigli with its breathtaking view over the caldera and a 20 minute walk to Fira along the coastal path. George, the apartments owner, was helpful and pleasant and was kind enough to run us to the airport to catch our flight home. A great value stay. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I want to share my personal story with you. Although I did not actually stay in this hotel but I have kept contact with the owner for two days andI made several phone calls to the owner. I felt I have to comment about the bad service and dishonest. People may not say anything when they got good service but it will keep them telling when it is bad service mouth to mouth.

I booked this hotel three times through venere.com and hotel.com, and every got comfirmation emails via Email but was told my credit card information is invalid (I tried two different credit card and I am sure at least the second time I put the right information) then I tried again through hotel.com, again I got confirmation email saying it was succeed. But many hours later I got phone call from the owner of this hotel, and he told me there is no room available for me. But he said he will check again to see whether he can find a room for me and said will call me in one hour. But the thing is that I searched the internet on booking.com, there is still available room can be booked!!! Later he did not call me until I called him, he said he is buy because of me looking for available room and he promised to call me in the evening. And I wait and wait until about 22.00, so I called him again, this time he said he have a room for me and said he will send me a message to explain everything for me, that was July 10th. So I was so relieved that I do not to worry about looking for anther hotel(where we are going to stay on July 20th and 21th). However, however, until 20.00 on July 11th, I did not got email which he promised, so I have to call him again. But this time I was told again there is no room for me that's why he did not send me the email. well, how if I did not make this phone call, will I end up with showing up on 20th but told tonight there is no room for you!!! And he said ''I was planning you call you'' when I called him the last time. Then I was so anonyed to look for the hotel on the last minute when there is so limited option!!!!!!

I was thinking about this situation, which makes the owner dishonest(one time says there is no room, the second time says there is room for you and the third time says no room). It may be because the hotel was overbooked and want to choose customers with higher booking price!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
touf-touf, Owner at Rhapsody Traditional Apartments, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Of course I will not thank you for your lies but honestly I have a very simple question for you please.
There is nothing more important in your life than to write nonsense on the web?
But what asks? Obviously you do not have something more serious to make.
learned in life you can be patient and respect ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WORKED FOR YOU.
Here in Europe it's called civilized behavior.
Anyway you comment is unfounded and the most important : you NEVER STAY HERE.
Bye bye crabbed
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Rhapsody Apartments in late May early June. As we were two couples ( mid 50:s and early 30:s) we had two apartments. The apartments are excellent value for money as they are large and very clean. The staff is lovely and courteous at all times. George the owner was always very accommodation to our needs. He picked us up from the airport, helped us to rent a car, let us have a late checkout as two of us were sick, etc.,. Thank you George for everything, you have a wonderful place. We can highly recommend your place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Loved it there. We stayed there for 6 nights for 35 euros/night in the end of June. The apartment was large, near and clean, with full kitchen, and NO MOSQUITOES. We were just coming from mykonos, and fighting the mosquitoes there was a daily exercise. George is a great host. He gave us a really helpful tips on the city, where to go for sights, to eat, where are the beaches for swimming. I really enjoyed my stay there. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: we had room 15. it was very large. i would recommend this one if u can get it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our families&friends spent 5 nights during the month of May at Rhapsody and loved their stay there!
The owner, Mr George, is very kind and always ready to help! We would like to thank him for making their stay so pleasent and would highly recommend this hotel! It is located in Imerovigli, close to the caldera, great value for money, basic villas, very clean and peaceful!

Best regards Mr George, from Georgi&Alex and their entire gang! xx

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This review is based very much upon value for money, as in mid June we paid 30 EUR per night there. This is a lot cheaper than other apartments/hotels in the same vicinity.

The apartments are very nice, new and clean. The view from the balcony is also very good (but towards the less spectacular east side of the island). The apartments come with everything we could want; fridge, a small oven, spacious shower, AC (but we didn't have any use of it since the way the houses are built makes them nice and cool on their own) etc.

It is a short walk to Imerovigli center with shop/restaurant and about 15min walk downhill to Fira.

I would recommend to stay here to everyone on a budget!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

George runs a great little pension in Imervogili . It is 5 mins walk from the Caldera, restaurants and shops and has its own great views across the Aegean. We stayed 7 nights in a one bedroom self contained apartment and enjoyed it very much. Because it is not right on the Caldera it is a fraction of the cost. Exceptional value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rhapsody Traditional Apartments? Share your experiences!